Options

'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows'

Comments

• Options
    derbydave said:
    Sprunkn7 said:
    What are the chances of getting 5 or 6 shows with one number?  I've been waiting for a shot like this and I'm nervous about putting all my eggs in one basket.  My partner has an account with a high number so we will put at least 1 or 2 GA seats on his account.  I think they have me super stoked with the idea they have plenty of tickets!  DO they have enough??? LOL.. Ugh.

You CAN get tickets for every show you enter...
    you just have to watch the odds and make your choices wisely!!
    Watch the odds? I thought you just submitted your request and they sent you a response of what you got . 
  • Options
    Sparky79 said:
    derbydave said:
    Sprunkn7 said:
    What are the chances of getting 5 or 6 shows with one number?  I've been waiting for a shot like this and I'm nervous about putting all my eggs in one basket.  My partner has an account with a high number so we will put at least 1 or 2 GA seats on his account.  I think they have me super stoked with the idea they have plenty of tickets!  DO they have enough??? LOL.. Ugh.

Watch the odds? I thought you just submitted your request and they sent you a response of what you got . 
    I am curious on how the lottery actually works myself based on this comment with watching the odds. Is there another thread that could explain?
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Sparky79 said:
    derbydave said:
    Sprunkn7 said:

I am curious on how the lottery actually works myself based on this comment with watching the odds. Is there another thread that could explain?

It's all in the Pre-sale drawing info:

https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/articles/205143590-Pre-sale-Drawing

Drawing Odds Tool
    This tool is only visible when entering for a drawing. 
    The purpose of this tool is to show you the odds of being selected for a given show.
    The odds are calculated based on the number of entrants versus the number of tickets available. 
    Drawing entry time does not affect your odds of being drawn for tickets. 
    The odds will change throughout the drawing entry period as members continue to enter the drawing.
    The odds will update every 5 minutes and will continue to update until the drawing entry period ends.
    This tool has been created to help members know which shows are in highest demand.
    Drawings winners are pulled at random. 
    Since there is no preferential treatment given to anyone, all members will see the same odds visible, and every eligible member has the same chance to be drawn for the same show.
    Drawing odds do not guarantee tickets will be won or lost if entered for. 

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Tree77Tree77 Posts: 32
    derbydave said:
    Sprunkn7 said:

I'm even more confused at how the draw works. How does someone set Ottawa reserved as first choice, miss out and another person sets Ottawa reserved as third choice and gets?? Can anyone explain?
    2005: Winnipeg, Manitoba
    2011: Winnipeg, Manitoba
    2014: St Paul, MN
    2016: Ottawa
    2016: Toronto 1
    2018: Chicago Night 1
    2018: Chicago Night 2
    2020: Toronto
    2020: Ottawa
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    Tree77 said:
    I'm even more confused at how the draw works. How does someone set Ottawa reserved as first choice, miss out and another person sets Ottawa reserved as third choice and gets?? Can anyone explain?
    They may not have filled Ottawa GA with all 1st priorities, so they went down to 2nd priority. It's a rare occurrence to get GA below a 1st priority, but since GA tickets are exclusive to 10C, they have to exhaust all of the GA ticket pairs they have with people who selected it.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    kasedoug said:
    Tree77 said:
    They may not have filled Ottawa GA with all 1st priorities, so they went down to 2nd priority. It's a rare occurrence to get GA below a 1st priority, but since GA tickets are exclusive to 10C, they have to exhaust all of the GA ticket pairs they have with people who selected it.
    If this is the case it would lead me to believe they fill all of GA then go onto reserved seating instead of going in priority order.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited January 2018
    KC138045 said:
    kasedoug said:
    Tree77 said:
    If this is the case it would lead me to believe they fill all of GA then go onto reserved seating instead of going in priority order.

That is correct...
    This happened to my good friend AnotherTourPlease for the Phoenix show in 2013.
    She put in for Reserved as her first choice and GA as number 2.
    The GA section wasn't filled up after going thru the 1st round requests,
    so some folks that requested reserved in the first round actually got GA.

If you ABSOLUTELTY don't want GA tickets...
    don't even enter this as an option!!

Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Tree77Tree77 Posts: 32
    edited January 2018
    Dont get me wrong GA in Ottawa was a blast. So very glad it happened that way. I'm just trying to understand the draw system and how it works.

From PJ faq: 

Show Priority
    You are required to select each show in priority status when entering the drawing. Sorry, there can only be one #1 show no matter how many shows you may want to go to equally. During the drawing, we will randomly draw members who have made that show their #1 priority. If any tickets remain, the system will randomly draw names of members who have chosen that show as their #2 priority and so on until every ticket for a given show has been sold.

is not entirely correct then....

Post edited by Tree77 on
    2005: Winnipeg, Manitoba
    2011: Winnipeg, Manitoba
    2014: St Paul, MN
    2016: Ottawa
    2016: Toronto 1
    2018: Chicago Night 1
    2018: Chicago Night 2
    2020: Toronto
    2020: Ottawa
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    edited January 2018
    I was hoping with the "a lot of Fan club tickets" we will get our picks even after the 2nd round :lol:

So yes, watching the odds will help tremendously!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    lfitzpatrick9lfitzpatrick9 NJ Posts: 372
    Just wanted to ask to see if my membership was working okay but are the dates and cities up yet for the tickets section of the fan club?  Like is the lottery for them up yet or do they not go live til february 7th?
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,435
    Just wanted to ask to see if my membership was working okay but are the dates and cities up yet for the tickets section of the fan club?  Like is the lottery for them up yet or do they not go live til february 7th?
    It wont go live until 2-7
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    edited January 2018
    Quick question,

So I’ve been a member since 2016 of January and it was supposed to automatically renew this years membership but then I got an email telling me I needed to update the card on the account which I did and everything is set up correctly now. My question is will this affect me entering the lottery for any of the US stadium shows because that would be super disappointing? 

I also had my auto renew fail yesterday, which I do not understand because it's the same exact payment info as last year, and the card has not expired.

What makes it challenging is the site does not allow you to check the info for accuracy, which is probably a good idea for security, but with the US dates upcoming, I put in a different card and crossed my fingers. I'd love to triple check the info is correct ;-)

I read in the renewal section there is a 90 day grace period to keep your number(after three fails), but it's silent as to allowing you to enter the ticket draw during this time. Anyone have similar experience?
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    edited February 2018
    Sparky79 said:
    derbydave said:
    Sprunkn7 said:

That's basically correct. You don't have to watch the odds, but if you're on the fence about which shows to try for then that's when watching the odds will help. You can decide if you have a better chance of a particular show, etc. The odds will change based on how many people are requesting that show as well, so that's why people tend to watch them in case they want to change their priority of shows. 
    Post edited by ZeldaZonk on
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    edited February 2018
    Sparky79 said:
    derbydave said:
    Sprunkn7 said:

Watching the odds is just a tool used to give you an idea of what your chances of winning the lottery for that show might be. It helps people plan on which shows might be easier or harder to get tickets to, as well as whether you're going for GA or Reserved. The odds will change based on how many people are requesting that particular show, so keep that in mind. 
    Post edited by ZeldaZonk on
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    edited February 2018
    I put in for the Cincinnati GA in 2014 1st choice and didn't get it. Had 5 picks that tour and lost all. It depends if your name is drawn. It's a lottery I think it's 50/50 for everyone if their name is drawn.
    Post edited by amethgr8 on
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,435
    "We are confident we’ll be able to accommodate most, if not all, drawing entries." So I wouldnt say 50/50. Its hard to talk percentages when they odds calculator isnt even posted. Whatever you do, do not put in for shows your on the fence for. This drawing is different than any of the others and is new to all of us. Read closely the info that 10C sent out. If they can accommodate "most if not all" drawing entries, you have to assume all of your drawing entries have a great chance of winning
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    I'm shocked that we still don't have exact ticket prices for the shows.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,742
    mcgruff10 said:
    Looks like the jump is going to be huge from 2016. I am sure it will make a lot of people unhappy. 
  • Options
    malphurs72malphurs72 NC Piedmont Posts: 56
    I find this odd too. I know the $85-$112 price I've heard isn't that large a range, but it does add up when having to buy in pairs and over multiple shows. So it would be helpful to know going into the lotto. Still a couple of weeks to go though
    98 Raleigh 03 Raleigh 06 Camden1 13 Baltimore 16 Greenville 16 Raleigh 16 Wrigley1 16 Wrigley2 18 Missoula 18 Wrigley1
  • Options
    ^^ cmon. If members are often admitting they are willing to eat extra tickets, then off course PJ charges waaaaay under market value. Check out  other premium concert prices, folks :-)
  • Options
    malphurs72malphurs72 NC Piedmont Posts: 56
    I wasn't complaining about the price. I understand they are low. But it would be nice to know the exact number for planning
    98 Raleigh 03 Raleigh 06 Camden1 13 Baltimore 16 Greenville 16 Raleigh 16 Wrigley1 16 Wrigley2 18 Missoula 18 Wrigley1
  • Options
    I wasn't complaining about the price. I understand they are low. But it would be nice to know the exact number for planning
    Yeah 100% agree. I also don’t get this huge gap between the show announcement and the on sale date. 
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah 100% agree. I also don’t get this huge gap between the show announcement and the on sale date. 

Were they rushed because of the slip?

Maybe some of the planning wasn't yet solidified while other aspects were.

Roll-out does seem discombobulated though.

• Options
    ReleaseMeReleaseMe Mississauga, Ontario Posts: 745
    mcgruff10 said:
    it'll be a little bit tougher to have planned accommodations/airfair/house sitter... only to strike out on the lottery...
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    mcgruff10 said:
    https://www1.ticketmaster.com/pearl-jam-seattle-washington-08-10-2018/event/0F005438A7E337AC?artistid=735836&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60#efeat4212

Ticketmaster has them listed at $92-$112 each for Seattle. Guessing all the other stadiums will be similar. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Make sense only if they add new dates
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    True, but two weeks between announcement and then the start of the lottery is just really weird to me.  It's like they created this huge hype for the shows and now it's just an endless waiting game.  I believe Ten club said the prolonged wait was to make travel plans but no way am I booking a flight before I win tickets.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    True, but two weeks between announcement and then the start of the lottery is just really weird to me.  It's like they created this huge hype for the shows and now it's just an endless waiting game.  I believe Ten club said the prolonged wait was to make travel plans but no way am I booking a flight before I win tickets.
    I am lucky enough it's about a 5 hour drive to Chicago. The only thing I did do was reserve a room that is refundable because the hotels are getting booked and prices seem pretty high.
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't put the cart before the horse.  I want to know I have tickets before I book anything. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

What if people are on vacation? Or just busy lives? Two weeks is more than fair.

Now committing to buy a ticket without knowing it's location, now that's something.