Options

The Spotify Faithful Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited January 2018
    Has anyone hit the 10,000 song library limit yet, besides me? I flipped out when I first got the dreaded notice.... And then I realized there is an easy way to work around it. It's still an utterly ridiculous and unjustifiable limit, and also extremely low. I managed to get 10,000 songs in my library in about 1 year FFS. But at least there is something we can do to minimize the impact (that would be to just switch to using playlists (my first "after 10,000" playlist is called Library spillover), since each single playlist also has a 10,000 song limit).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    PJ_Soul said:
    Has anyone hit the 10,000 song library limit yet, besides me? I flipped out when I first got the dreaded notice.... And then I realized there is an easy way to work around it. It's still an utterly ridiculous and unjustifiable limit, and also extremely low. I managed to get 10,000 songs in my library in about 1 year FFS. But at least there is something we can do to minimize the impact (that would be to just switch to using playlists (my first "after 10,000" playlist is called Library spillover), since each single playlist also has a 10,000 song limit).

I have playlists for every individual genre. As well as one for workout, live albums, and new stuff that I like from Discover Weekly
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    bflynn1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I have playlists for every individual genre. As well as one for workout, live albums, and new stuff that I like from Discover Weekly
    Yeah, I have a bunch of playlists that are more specific too, but I needed one that simply stands as my second overall song library as well (every song you check off), now that the actual library is full. I just mentioned it because I know many people who hit the 10,000 song limit in their library don't realize you can use playlists just to take care of that particular limitation. The only problem with this is that you don't get that check mark next to the song to show you that it's already in your "2nd library". It kind of sucks to not have those filed songs flagged like the ones in your library are.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I'm contemplating coming back to spotify. I had it as a student at £5 a month, now its £9.99 for premium. When I had it though I hardly bought any music!! Do you all still buy too? 
  • Options
    I'm contemplating coming back to spotify. I had it as a student at £5 a month, now its £9.99 for premium. When I had it though I hardly bought any music!! Do you all still buy too? 
    I do still buy music because I'm a vinyl person. So I pay for Spotify to use at work all day, 5 days a week. I only spin records at home and spend a ridiculous amount on that, lol, although not anywhere near as much as a lot of vinyl people!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    One thing I really don't like about Spotify is that when you pick an artist in your library, it just lists all of their songs and doesn't have it divided up by album.  Anyone know if there's a way to set it up to be broken down by album??  
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387
    One thing I really don't like about Spotify is that when you pick an artist in your library, it just lists all of their songs and doesn't have it divided up by album.  Anyone know if there's a way to set it up to be broken down by album??  
    Also interested in this. 

I love spotify though 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    Also interested in this. 

I love spotify though 
    Oh yeah, it's awesome.  Started with a free trial last year and now I'm hooked.
  • Options

I believe you just click on the column heading to sort. So at the top of the album title column, click that, and it should sort by album.