FS: Matt Cameron’s drum kit from 2000 tour & Binaural

CB6978CB6978 Posts: 49
edited August 2018 in Lost Dogs
I saw where the Ayotte snare from the Binaural recordings & 2000 tour was listed on ebay for about $15,000. It was autographed by the whole band. It sold for “best offer” and therefore I couldn’t see the final sale price. Does anyone know?

More importantly, would anyone have a good ballpark estimate on the value of the rest of that same kit? (Purple toms and silver kick... no cymbals)
Post edited by CB6978 on

Comments

• Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    Purple toms and silver kick? But NO cymbals?! Prolly like a hunnerd bucks.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • CB6978CB6978 Posts: 49
    Well that’s not very much now, is it. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    Contact the seller through eBay and ask how much. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• MattchewMattchew Posts: 1,345
      I've been around drums, and drumming since I was kid.  As far as the value of the snare goes, or his kit in general, if you're asking what a regular kit cost that Matt Cameron has, or that is similar to, then it really depends on if that kit was really played on or owned by Matt.  For example, you could buy a top of the line DW Collector's series 5 piece drum kit, hi-hat, cymbal stands, pedals, and cymbals for yourself from anyone between $5,000 to $7,000 on average, depending on what cymbals you bought.  Then you could buy the same exact kit that I previously stated for $15,000 to any outrageous amount because Dave Krusen, Matt Chamberlain, Dave Abbruzzese, Jack Irons, or Matt Cameron sat behind that kit.  My point is, any drum kit holds its retail value until a famous professional musician has owned it and played it.  As far as the ebay selling price, you wouldn't be able to see the actual selling price of the best offer unless you actually sent the seller an offer.  I know this because I have offered ebay sellers best offers, and they ended up declining them.  That offer is saved in your Myebay, and when the item you sent an offer on sells, you can view what the seller sold it for.  You could always just send him/her a message and ask though.  Also, I would do some searching on what type of kit Matt used on Binaural.  Then you can search the value of that kit by looking at what that kit has sold for in the past, and what the price of the kit is selling for now.  I hope some of that information helps.
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    CB6978 said:
    I saw where the Ayotte snare from the Binaural recordings & 2000 tour was listed on ebay for about $15,000. It was autographed by the whole band. It sold for “best offer” and therefore I couldn’t see the final sale price. Does anyone know?
    It sold for $10,500. I plugged the eBay item number into WatchCount.
    Mattchew - that was some serious input. Thank you. 

The kit itself is a nice kit. I don’t know that the retail value matters that much. It could be $5 retail. The value I’m curious about is based on the fact that Matt Cameron used it for a PJ album and tour. 
    kasedoug said:
    CB6978 said:
    Grazie. 
    CB6978 said:

The kit itself is a nice kit. I don’t know that the retail value matters that much. It could be $5 retail. The value I’m curious about is based on the fact that Matt Cameron used it for a PJ album and tour. 
    LOL, thanks.  I didn't mean to go on a rant, but I love drumming.  I know Matt played DW drums in the 90s when he was in Soundgarden, but he later switched to Yamaha drums.  That is what he currently has and plays.  I believe he was playing an Ayotte drum kit during his first few years in Pearl Jam.
    kasedoug said:
    CB6978 said:
    Wow, that's some serious cash for a snare, but it was Matt Cameron's  ;)
    edited January 2018
    Mattchew said:
    CB6978 said:

LOL, thanks.  I didn't mean to go on a rant, but I love drumming.  I know Matt played DW drums in the 90s when he was in Soundgarden, but he later switched to Yamaha drums.  That is what he currently has and plays.  I believe he was playing an Ayotte drum kit during his first few years in Pearl Jam.
    Yes. The kit I’m talking about is the purple & silver Ayotte that you see in the Touring Band 2000 DVD. 
    CB6978 said:
    Mattchew said:
    CB6978 said:

Yes. The kit I’m talking about is the purple & silver Ayotte that you see in the Touring Band 2000 DVD. 
    Nice, I like that kit.  I also like his red DW drum kit in the 'Rusty Cage' video too.
    edited August 2018
    This kit up for sale on Ebay. Should be pretty easy to find. Asking $20,000. 
    Post edited by CB6978 on
    Bump
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    That's a good price.  This should sell fast.
    CT!
  • edoconedocon Posts: 300
    Regarding the Matt Cameron snare, it was autographed by the entire band in addition to being played by MC.
    edocon said:
    Regarding the Matt Cameron snare, it was autographed by the entire band in addition to being played by MC.
    Wow, very cool man!  That would be an awesome piece to have!
  • This is available again for $20k
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    Try RM
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• RS151862 said:
    Try RM
    !!!!!!!
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    That's a great price!  How is this still available?
  • CopperTom said:
    That's a great price!  How is this still available?
    Yeah, buddy!