Wrigley Field: August 18th and 20th Roll Call

2456722

Comments

  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin LouisPosts: 16,140
    thinkin about it. have seen them there 3 times so seems redundant to me, but these shows are closest to home. may have to do it.
    "There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."- Hemingway

    "i'm not here to start the fire. i am here to fan the flames..."

    If you have never failed, you have never lived.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 15,719
    FoxyRedLa said:
    Not a great photo. But GA was wider than the stage and packed. The sea of people here also includes lawn.


    wow!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MIPosts: 4,767
    FoxyRedLa said:
    Not a great photo. But GA was wider than the stage and packed. The sea of people here also includes lawn.


    is it august yet?
    Now that's what I'm talking about!!! Hell yes!! :rock_on:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • tup30tup30 Posts: 80
    i was at Wrigley1 Aug 20 2016

    thinking ill be there for Wrigley2 on aug 20 this year. 
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MIPosts: 4,767
    mcgruff10 said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    Not a great photo. But GA was wider than the stage and packed. The sea of people here also includes lawn.


    wow!!!
    Hey gruff! I specifically remember GA being packed! And I specifically remember member comments about how tight it was.

    Not trying to deter anyone, I can't imagine the experience! Just sayin!

    I am just too short for GA and I can only dream of being on the rail sooooo.....I learned my lesson in Pitts and Lex I'm too short for GA. I WILL however put in for GA if it's in MI.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Angie10Angie10 Posts: 7
    Planning on attending both from the GA pit!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 15,719
    FoxyRedLa said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    Not a great photo. But GA was wider than the stage and packed. The sea of people here also includes lawn.


    wow!!!
    Hey gruff! I specifically remember GA being packed! And I specifically remember member comments about how tight it was.

    Not trying to deter anyone, I can't imagine the experience! Just sayin!

    I am just too short for GA and I can only dream of being on the rail sooooo.....I learned my lesson in Pitts and Lex I'm too short for GA. I WILL however put in for GA if it's in MI.
    good info, thank you.  My wife and I will probably head in about 30 minutes before the band goes on so I'm guessing we'll be somewhere way in the back (if I am lucky enough to win GA).
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MIPosts: 4,767
    But gruff sounds like GA will be more members and their own company. Not random public people soooo that's huge! 
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 20,570
    Looking to go to both, cya all there!!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
  • mcgruff10 said:
    jjflash said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What were 10c seats like in 2016 based on seniority?
    Seemed like any # over very low 200K were in the stands. 10C #s less than that, excluding those in GA, were in seats on the field.
    Yeah I m at 139xxx so hopefully I d be on the field. How big is ga?  
    Been to all 3 Wrigleys. I'm 130xxx and have as always been on field with reserved and seats good enough that I thought were better /easier than dealing with GA (I'm 40 and would prefer to get a beer without suffering crippling anxiety of never getting back to my spot). 
    1996-09.22; 1998-06.14,07.02,07.13,07.14,08.17,08.18; 2000-08.18,08.20,10.11,10.27,10.28; 2003-04.23,04.26,06.18,06.19,06.22; 2004-10.02,10.03,10.05; 2006-05.16,05.17,05.19,05.20,06.23,06.24; 2007-08.05; 2009-08.23,08.24,09.28,10.31; 2010-05.06,05.07; 2011-09.03,09.04; 2013-07.19; 2014-10.01; 2016-04.26,08.20,08.22; 2018-08.18, 08.20. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 15,719
    mcgruff10 said:
    jjflash said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What were 10c seats like in 2016 based on seniority?
    Seemed like any # over very low 200K were in the stands. 10C #s less than that, excluding those in GA, were in seats on the field.
    Yeah I m at 139xxx so hopefully I d be on the field. How big is ga?  
    Been to all 3 Wrigleys. I'm 130xxx and have as always been on field with reserved and seats good enough that I thought were better /easier than dealing with GA (I'm 40 and would prefer to get a beer without suffering crippling anxiety of never getting back to my spot). 
    I m 40 too lol. What sections have you sat in?  Thanks. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Threet76Threet76 Posts: 25
    Went to both fenway last time with my wife and brother and we are heading to Chicago for both this time around.  Can’t wait!!!
    Philadelphia - October 30th 2009
    Philadelphia - October 22nd 2013
    Baltimore - October 27th 2013
    New York - September 26th 2015
    Philadelphia - April 28th 2016
    Philadelphia - April 29th 2016
    Boston - August 5th 2016
    Boston - August 7th 2016
  • Would have to dig through stubs to say, but having seen them in the front row, behind the stage, the back of a lawn and everywhere in between I can just say I think you'd find reserved seats in our seniority range to be acceptable and in line with your expectations given the large number of 10C fans in attendance. Not going to be eye contact close, but probably not going to be near the back of the field or in the bleachers either. 
    1996-09.22; 1998-06.14,07.02,07.13,07.14,08.17,08.18; 2000-08.18,08.20,10.11,10.27,10.28; 2003-04.23,04.26,06.18,06.19,06.22; 2004-10.02,10.03,10.05; 2006-05.16,05.17,05.19,05.20,06.23,06.24; 2007-08.05; 2009-08.23,08.24,09.28,10.31; 2010-05.06,05.07; 2011-09.03,09.04; 2013-07.19; 2014-10.01; 2016-04.26,08.20,08.22; 2018-08.18, 08.20. 
  • aidt17aidt17 Posts: 229
    Gonna try for both, went night 1 in 2016 and really regretted not trying to stick around for night 2
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1

  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox ChicagoPosts: 627
    For me the diversity of the sets makes it a no brainer to see both nights. Here’s to hoping we get LBC one of the nights
    - Chicago G

    chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox ChicagoPosts: 627
    Or just play Riot Act start to finish and that would work too.
    - Chicago G

    chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • LR308362LR308362 Posts: 3
    Night 1 for me, wish I could swing both, but we need to get back to our 4 kids. 
  • IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 852
    My 10c number is 416, anyone with a similar number go to a wrigley show before? Any idea of what kind of seats i would get if i dont win GA?
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ONPosts: 5,942
    131,XXX secured me a pair on the field in Section R Row 4 at the 1st Chicago show in 2016. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

    "Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

    1996: Toronto
    1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto
    2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena)
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall)
    2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City
    2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland
    2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre)
    2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2
    2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4
    2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford
    2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford
    2014: Detroit, Moline
    2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival)
    2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1
    2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction)
    2018: Chicago 1, Fenway 1
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Atlanta, GAPosts: 1,165
    Or just play Riot Act start to finish and that would work too.
    I concur!!  Riot Act for Wrigley!
    "I got memories, I got shit"
  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox ChicagoPosts: 627
    My 10c number is 416, anyone with a similar number go to a wrigley show before? Any idea of what kind of seats i would get if i dont win GA?

    I’m similar. 2013 and both for 2016 scored me 1st base side (right near first base) about 10 rows up on the incline. Great seats

    - Chicago G

    chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 20,570
    Just booked the Hilton Garden Inn this morning, just need the tickets now :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, ILPosts: 1,551
    My 10c # is 495xxx and my seats were not good at Wrigley 1 in 2016. I was between the Cubs on deck circle and home plate, and in the farthest row back of the 2nd section. It was one of those where you just enjoy being in the building and watch the screens all night. You couldn't see anything on the stage from that far away. Which is why I'm really going to try for GA this time.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San DiegoPosts: 442
    GA both last year...nothing but will do this year. Wrigley is my church and to stand on the hallowed field is the greatest thrill in the world for me.
  • cweeks1111cweeks1111 Posts: 141
    Trying for both! Hotel is booked, vacation is requested and work-approved. :)
    east lansing, mi 1998
    auburn hills, mi 2000
    clarkston, mi 2003
    grand rapids, mi 2004
    toronto, on 2005
    auburn hills, mi 2006
    detroit, mi 2011 (ev)
    chicago, il 2013
    detroit, mi 2014
    chicago, il 2016 (wrigley 1)
    chicago, il 2018 (wrigley 1)
    chicago, il 2018 (wrigley 2)
  • kaseylilykaseylily Michigan, USAPosts: 152
    Sarava said:
    My 10c # is 495xxx and my seats were not good at Wrigley 1 in 2016. I was between the Cubs on deck circle and home plate, and in the farthest row back of the 2nd section. It was one of those where you just enjoy being in the building and watch the screens all night. You couldn't see anything on the stage from that far away. Which is why I'm really going to try for GA this time.
    My 10c # is 498xxx and that's why I'm hesitant about entering for reserved. But I'm pretty small and short and don't know if GA would be good for me either. I don't wanna watch the screens all night! I need some advice please.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 3,092
    Wouldn't miss it. 

  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox ChicagoPosts: 627
    kaseylily said:
    Sarava said:
    My 10c # is 495xxx and my seats were not good at Wrigley 1 in 2016. I was between the Cubs on deck circle and home plate, and in the farthest row back of the 2nd section. It was one of those where you just enjoy being in the building and watch the screens all night. You couldn't see anything on the stage from that far away. Which is why I'm really going to try for GA this time.
    My 10c # is 498xxx and that's why I'm hesitant about entering for reserved. But I'm pretty small and short and don't know if GA would be good for me either. I don't wanna watch the screens all night! I need some advice please.

    What's with all the talk of watching screens...the only thing that matters is that you get in the venue and you HEAR the music. I would rather be near home plate where the sound is great than crammed up front. Could care less about seeing the dudes up close.


    - Chicago G

    chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • GibsonGibson TorontoPosts: 1,691
    oh, why not?
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2

  • kaseylilykaseylily Michigan, USAPosts: 152
    kaseylily said:
    Sarava said:
    My 10c # is 495xxx and my seats were not good at Wrigley 1 in 2016. I was between the Cubs on deck circle and home plate, and in the farthest row back of the 2nd section. It was one of those where you just enjoy being in the building and watch the screens all night. You couldn't see anything on the stage from that far away. Which is why I'm really going to try for GA this time.
    My 10c # is 498xxx and that's why I'm hesitant about entering for reserved. But I'm pretty small and short and don't know if GA would be good for me either. I don't wanna watch the screens all night! I need some advice please.

    What's with all the talk of watching screens...the only thing that matters is that you get in the venue and you HEAR the music. I would rather be near home plate where the sound is great than crammed up front. Could care less about seeing the dudes up close.


    Not necessarily about seeing them up close, just  would rather watch the whole stage rather than what someone is deciding to show on the video screen.
Sign In or Register to comment.