Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,686
    tinz. said:
    I think it’s dumb.  Hoping they also have big signs that read “applause” and “dance” at the appropriate points of the show.
    Cell phone users ruin the experience for everyone trying to "capture" the experience to view later and share on social media.. just enjoy it and be there while it's happening... Personally I can't stand having cell phone waved around in my face video taping but that's me 
    Cell phone users, people on shoulders, signs, flags, people standing in front of you that are taller than you, someone singing too loud, someone yelling for a song......all these things can ruin a concert....shall we ban these as well.  You paid for the ticket, use your phone if you want. It's rude, but c'mon.
    Honestly only phones bother me.. if you'd rather be on your phone what's the point..
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Do you get to keep this pouch on you and can you see inside to see if you have a text message? 
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Do you get to keep this pouch on you and can you see inside to see if you have a text message? 
    Doesn't sound like it.  You keep the pouch but looks like you need to leave the show and head to a place in the lobby to check.  
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    JK_Livin said:
    That's a great point.  A lot of us have kids and can't just be disconnected for an entire show.  Moving to the designated area sucks because of the GA issue.  I'm going to the Anthem which is basically all GA.  So you leave, your're done and in the back.  I'm not down with this strategy.  
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    JK_Livin said:
    Doesn't sound like it.  You keep the pouch but looks like you need to leave the show and head to a place in the lobby to check.  
    Yeah, seems like the will have designated areas to use your phone. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JK_Livin said:
    That's a great point.  A lot of us have kids and can't just be disconnected for an entire show.  Moving to the designated area sucks because of the GA issue.  I'm going to the Anthem which is basically all GA.  So you leave, your're done and in the back.  I'm not down with this strategy.  
    Kids was the reason I was asking. If you can at least see your screen to see if its from them that would be nice.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    moses-imoses-i Posts: 138
    Anyone willing to help a brother out with a Vault presale password? I see there are still GAs left for Toronto which I can't access (I rolled the dice on the BS verified fan presale) I know I should've bit the bullet and bought the VAULT (hind sight is 20/20). I am looking for 2 tickets. I would be eternally grateful if anyone was willing to share the password.
    if jah is the ship, we smile at the storm.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Also what a cluster fuck exiting the venue, unlocking pouches and returning them.
  • Options
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,686
    mrussel1 said:
    JK_Livin said:
    I feel you on this if you have kids, you have to go to the designated area to have it unlocked. I also appreciate what jack is doing here and really like this idea personally, that said I don't have kids. Periodically pop out and unlock to see if everything is ok I guess is your only option. 
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Also what a cluster fuck exiting the venue, unlocking pouches and returning them.
    I guess you could always leave your phone in the car if you really don't need it at all.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    tinz. said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JK_Livin said:
    I feel you on this if you have kids, you have to go to the designated area to have it unlocked. I also appreciate what jack is doing here and really like this idea personally, that said I don't have kids. Periodically pop out and unlock to see if everything is ok I guess is your only option. 
    They need to create a pouch to put the kids in. Nailed it!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JK_Livin said:
    It's amazing that are parents were able to do anything before cell phones...
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    After failing for a 2nd time at getting tickets to the Grand Rapids show, I did manage to get 2 tickets for the Milwaukee show! I'm excited, this will be my first time seeing Jack White live!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    edited January 2018
    JK_Livin said:
    You can feel it vibrate. You can leave your seat and get it unlocked if you are that interested in seeing your texts.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JK_Livin said:
    You have a point here.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    mrussel1 said:
    JK_Livin said:
    How did anybody do anything before cell phones?

If you can't be disconnected for a few hours you have no business being there in the first place.
    #FHP
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    Scored sweet seats for Portland! :triumph:
  • Options
    Horos said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JK_Livin said:

If you can't be disconnected for a few hours you have no business being there in the first place.
    At most events my phone stays in my pocket whether it vibrates or not.  I actually hate fielding a phone call in crowded area...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Horos said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JK_Livin said:

that's a bit harsh. the fact is, we come to rely on the technology that is available to us, and it is marketed in a way that makes you believe you need it. why not have your phone on your hip in case the babysitter has an emergency? that's not "you have no business being there". that's "I have a phone for emergency purposes". emergencies do happen. 

i hate phones at shows. I'm sure any concerned parent would have no issue leaving the venue to check a text. I know I wouldn't. I'm sure you can set a notification from a certain number so you'd know if it's an emergency or not. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Horos said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JK_Livin said:

that's a bit harsh. the fact is, we come to rely on the technology that is available to us, and it is marketed in a way that makes you believe you need it. why not have your phone on your hip in case the babysitter has an emergency? that's not "you have no business being there". that's "I have a phone for emergency purposes". emergencies do happen. 

i hate phones at shows. I'm sure any concerned parent would have no issue leaving the venue to check a text. I know I wouldn't. I'm sure you can set a notification from a certain number so you'd know if it's an emergency or not. 
    The problem with that is "everyone is concerned"... all the time...

The new youth of today are even worse though.  Everything gets posted on Insta...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Horos said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JK_Livin said:

The new youth of today are even worse though.  Everything gets posted on Insta...
    that's a mass generalization. no, we are not concerned all the time. fuck, I got major blowback from people I know regarding how young I let my kids be home alone. that's the reason I got a phone and got my oldest daughter one as well. so she can contact me if there's an emergency. 

and I just said that, as a parent and a phone-owner/hater, I have no issue exiting the concert venue to check my phone if necessary. I think more artists should do this. And I think most reasonable parents also would have no issue with this. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Horos said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JK_Livin said:

that's a mass generalization. no, we are not concerned all the time. fuck, I got major blowback from people I know regarding how young I let my kids be home alone. that's the reason I got a phone and got my oldest daughter one as well. so she can contact me if there's an emergency. 

and I just said that, as a parent and a phone-owner/hater, I have no issue exiting the concert venue to check my phone if necessary. I think more artists should do this. And I think most reasonable parents also would have no issue with this. 
    I'm only busting balls.  No need to justify it, lol!  Can't please everyone right?!?
  • Options
    Horos said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JK_Livin said:

At most events my phone stays in my pocket whether it vibrates or not.  I actually hate fielding a phone call in crowded area...
    Since I keep my phone in my purse, I don't even know if it rings or vibrates during a show, and I don't care. I rarely pull my phone out. I know the only photo I took at the last PJ show I went to was of the microphone in front of me, before the show even started, lol. Once the band's on stage, I forget I even own a phone half the time. If I'm allowed I might remember to pull it out for a quick photo or two (with my hand covering the screen so that people behind aren't bothered), but that's it. I think these phone bag things is a fantastic idea. I'd be thrilled if all venues started doing it as a matter of course, whether the artist requests it or not. Phones ruin concerts, and that isn't fair.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    I keep my phone in my pocket. I like it when it vibrates. :grin:
  • Options
    Has anyone been to a show where these phone bags have been used? I'm wondering about the logistics. Doesn't it really slow down entry into the venue? How does that work? Do they lock it for you, or just quickly hand you a bag and you lock it, or what? If every person needs to stop as the staff locked up your phone I can see that taking a long time, what with all the idiots not being ready to do it quickly, stopping to put their phone on silent or whatever the fuck.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,832
    PJ_Soul said:
    Has anyone been to a show where these phone bags have been used? I'm wondering about the logistics. Doesn't it really slow down entry into the venue? How does that work? Do they lock it for you, or just quickly hand you a bag and you lock it, or what? If every person needs to stop as the staff locked up your phone I can see that taking a long time, what with all the idiots not being ready to do it quickly, stopping to put their phone on silent or whatever the fuck.
    I used one of these at a tracy morgan show and it took a whole 2 seconds.  not really a big deal at all.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I used one of these at a tracy morgan show and it took a whole 2 seconds.  not really a big deal at all.
    How did you deal with the parental concerns Mike??
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    TY to Mcgruff with helping me get tickets!
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177
    PJ_Soul said:

Dave Chappelle used these on his last tour. no problem at all. quick in and quick to retrieve my phone.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2