Anybody saw GNR last year?

Use_Your_IllusionUse_Your_Illusion Miami Posts: 4
edited January 2018 in Other Music
Saw them in Miami last August and they kicked a**! My view from the PIT! Where did you see them? Show me your picture(s)!
Post edited by Use_Your_Illusion on

Comments

• hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Awesome picture! I saw them in Winston-Salem last year... my seats weren't quite as good as your though lol. Mind blowing nonetheless!

• No.

But will see them this summer in Gothenburg.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Saw them in Hershey and at the Garden. Awesome both times.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Awesome picture! I saw them in Winston-Salem last year... my seats weren't quite as good as your though lol. Mind blowing nonetheless!

Trying to spot myself in this pic. We were over where the BB & T FIELD sign is and basically had an entire row to ourselves, but couldn't see the video screens. Still and incredibly awesome show and we could see Axl, Slash and Duff. :p
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
    ^Nice :plus_one:  I was so worried it was going to rain that night. It rained on my drive there, but cleared up just in time for the show!
  • Are they really good. Or is it more of a "cool to see them together, and I'll take what I can" type of situation?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    The band played very well.  Axl is old and his voice lost a lot but they have backup singers. 
    Saw them the last two years, both in Philly.  Once @ the Linc (football) and this year at Wells Fargo (hockey/hoops)

Sound was 100x better inside and we were right up close.

Couldnt figure out how to flip and save...but you get the shot:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • They were awesome in Vancouver.

I was on the floor and dead center, but nowhere near as close as OP. Good seats. Great songs. Long concert.

Slash was wicked!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,291
    Saw them in Tulsa, good seats and setlist.  Played for over 3.5 hours. 

Axl's midrange singing voice did weaken a bit about 2.5 hours in, but he is not 25 or 30 anymore.  Still sang great.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    I saw them in the 80's and early 90's so no digital pics to upload :rock_on:
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2018
    The two songs I wanna hear the most this summer is You Could Be Mine and Better. CHINESE DEMOCRACY IS LIFE
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Better is actually one of the few CD songs I don't like. How the vocals follow the guitar line note for note bothers me for some reason. 

Saw them in Winnipeg in August '17 (and March '91, and December 06). 

Lost my credit card and didn't make it to work the next day. Totally worth it! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    I saw them in the summer of 2016, because I wanted to make sure I saw a show in case it imploded again.   Given that tickets (or at least good tickets) were $250 face value, I didn't go again in 2017.   The Seattle 2016 show was pretty damn good, but the setlists got even longer.   I would of loved to have heard Patience and Used to Love Her at the Seattle show.   Those songs regularly were played in the longer 2017 setlists.
  • Saw them last year in London, they were surprisingly good, Axl's voice was really solid all things considered.

Oh, and I think Better is easily the best song on Chinese Democracy :)

only thing i didn't like about the show was black hole sun. seriously, axl butchered it. his voice is terrible for those vocals. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

only thing i didn't like about the show was black hole sun. seriously, axl butchered it. his voice is terrible for those vocals. 
    I didn't like it, but it was still nice to see a tribute.  The piano was an interesting touch, but I am with you 100% he butchered the vocals.

Live was the opener for the show I went to and they played I am a Highway. It was beautifully executed and sent chills down my spine.
    I didn't like it, but it was still nice to see a tribute.  The piano was an interesting touch, but I am with you 100% he butchered the vocals.

Live was the opener for the show I went to and they played I am a Highway. It was beautifully executed and sent chills down my spine.
    I was actually surprised that Axl would cover SG when I heard they were doing it on tour, since I always had the impression he thought musicians that killed themselves were losers. 

I was excited for that, hoping our show would get Live too. But we got Our Lady Peace, which my wife "encouraged" me to skip, which we did. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

^ It seems as though Axl has/had a soft spot for Cornell and the other fellas from SG. Maybe due to SG opening for them in the early 90's.

Live was fantastic. We showed up halfway through their set due to weather and travel issues. I was standing in the beer line when I am a Highway started and broke free from the line and ran to the closest place to view it. Felt like a kid lol. It was phenomenal.
  • Spoony CSpoony C Posts: 278
    edited January 2018
    ^ It seems as though Axl has/had a soft spot for Cornell and the other fellas from SG. Maybe due to SG opening for them in the early 90's.

Live was fantastic. We showed up halfway through their set due to weather and travel issues. I was standing in the beer line when I am a Highway started and broke free from the line and ran to the closest place to view it. Felt like a kid lol. It was phenomenal.

There's also the fact that Duff knew Chris Cornell and the guys from Seattle, which was a big part of why I assumed the cover was in the set. I like that they did it (and even included the Space Needle in some of the video effects behind them), even if the execution wasn't perfect.

And (if I remember correctly) Live had to take over the headlining spot from Soundgarden at Ohio's Rock on the Range festival the weekend after Chris died; I think they started playing "I Am A Highway" in tribute to Chris at that show.

^ Makes sense.
    Spoony C said:

There's also the fact that Duff knew Chris Cornell and the guys from Seattle, which was a big part of why I assumed the cover was in the set. I like that they did it (and even included the Space Needle in some of the video effects behind them), even if the execution wasn't perfect.

And (if I remember correctly) Live had to take over the headlining spot from Soundgarden at Ohio's Rock on the Range festival the weekend after Chris died; I think they started playing "I Am A Highway" in tribute to Chris at that show.

yeah, I knew that Duff and Chris new each other, but that never stopped Axl from doing his own thing before. But maybe he's changed. Who knows. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Oh, and I think Better is easily the best song on Chinese Democracy :)
    Damn straight.
  • Oh, and I think Better is easily the best song on Chinese Democracy :)
    Damn straight.
    I'll third this.

I had actually forgotten about this tune (and the album for that matter). Great song. Underrated album.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    Spoony C said:

yeah, I knew that Duff and Chris new each other, but that never stopped Axl from doing his own thing before. But maybe he's changed. Who knows. 
    Soundgarden also opened up for GNR on part of the UYI tour.  I've got a bootleg that has part of Soundgarden's opening set from a big GNR PPV from France (in '92?)  They probably all knew each other.
  • I was at the Cleveland, Ohio GNR show, 2017. Slash still has it, he can play. As mentioned in this thread, Axl did not have it, you can tell his voice is just destroyed. It was awesome to be in the same room, at the same time, when that guitar riff begins for Sweet Child o'mine. I was hoping to hear Rocket Queen on the set list, but it was not.
    Wrigley 8/18/18
    Wrigley 8/20/18
    Fenway 9/2/2018
    Fenway 9/4/2018

• RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
     Vancouver
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12