Announcing 'The Home Shows'

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    edited January 2018
    Man... If I'd knew this maybe i would have skipped the Europe tour an gone to this. This sounds cool. If you wanna see Seattle one day, this is a great opportunity. 

How big is the arena?
    Its a field and 47,500 in the stand plus whatever fits on the field. Plenty of tickets to go around for 2 nights. Over 100,000 I am guessing.
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Man... If I'd knew this maybe i would have skipped the Europe tour an gone to this. This sounds cool. If you wanna see Seattle one day, this is a great opportunity. 

How big is the arena?
    And this is the issue I have with not sharing the year's plans in advanced.  Sorry for you.

Seats just under 50k for baseball.  They will surely lose some outfield sections and gain some field -- guessing between 45-50k tickets but that is a total guess.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    edited January 2018

How big is the arena?
    Just slightly larger than an arena.
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • gatorjamgatorjam West Palm Beach, Florida Posts: 187
    So finally Pearl Jam has confirmed playing for my 40th birthday party at Safeco Field on August 10th!! LOL

That's what I am telling people. 
    2003-Tampa
    2006-East Rutherford
    2008-West Palm Beach
    2009- Philadelphia
    2016- Fort Lauderdale and Miami
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Would make sense for the Seattle shows to be spun off in a separate lottery.
    I dont think it makes sense.  If they have loads of tickets i still think priority should be given to people that made it their top pick.  If there's boatloads of tickets then people who pick them as 3rd, 4th, 5th will get them too.   If there is GA in Seattle it would allow 10c members who prioritzed ga in seattle to get more access to pit tix.  If they seperate the lotto then people can get GA in boston/chicago then bump seattle people for the spots.

Thats my thoughts.   I thought it was a bit unfair in 2013 when they split up the east/west lottos.  So many people that had already seen shows on the otherside traveled and bumped people for spots :(
    GA will be the same number for all shows that have GA though. The pit is the pit. Reserved is where the extras will come I would imagine. 
    Yah but if they did Seattle as a seperate lotto people could order GA tickets for the other shows and again for seattle.  Possibly getting two pairs of GA tickets before Seattle only people get one.

I
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    gatorjam said:
    My 40th birthday is August 10th.   =)
    It's the best way to spend a 40th birthday. It's how I did it two years ago on May 10th.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2018
    ComeToTX said:

Ten Club continues to strive to get tickets straight into the hands of fans, and we've made arrangements to accommodate more fan club members than ever before.
    Ticket pre-sale information coming soon.

That's nice to read.

.... The people who were interested in the other rumoured venues but be feeling a bit left out right about now, lol. Hopefully their time comes soon!

I booked a hotel room right near Pike Place on Saturday morning, and I'm glad I did. My lord, hotel prices in Seattle during the high season are crazy. Comparable to NYC. I got a small but decent room for something like $300CAD/night at the Executive Hotel Pacific, and I'm finding that that is actually a very good deal. :tired_face: I'm a little jealous of those who got the cheaper Edgewater rooms. It is a bit pricier than what I got and a little farther away from Safeco, but the rooms are also a lot bigger and the amenities are better..... I should have just accepted the extra expense maybe, and booked one of those when I had the chance. The water view ones are just too expensive, and the city view (cheaper) ones are now all gone.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789
    MayDay10 said:
    I love shows and any news of them...

I am not a fan of the stadium shows though.  Diminished acoustics and fan experience.  Been there, done that.  Its not special anymore. 
    100% agree
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    How much is the travel/hotel discount, for those who have priced? Would be traveling from NYC. In my busiest time of year or I would price.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    If they are getting more seats, I'm curious if that means all seats on the field (GA or reserved) will be 10c.
    edited January 2018

How big is the arena?
    Regular baseball stadium size? It's actually an absolutely gorgeous ballpark. I have always really enjoyed the atmosphere at Safeco. Very pretty and comfortable.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    most epic annoucement ever!!!live in instagram
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I think this will be a separate lottery that includes both nights. Pretty rough to get people to book minimum 3 night stays around the shows then only have them eligible to get tickets for 1 show.   This feels more like a PJ/Ten Club Event than just 2 shows at a stadium.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    edited January 2018
    andrew68 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    I love shows and any news of them...

I am not a fan of the stadium shows though.  Diminished acoustics and fan experience.  Been there, done that.  Its not special anymore. 
    100% agree
    Same here.... I'm actually thinking about not going if I can only get a seat in the stands. It's not because I'm being a huge snob about it - it's because of the hotel prices. If I'm going to shell out over $1000 for the hotel alone, I need the concert experience to be pretty fucking awesome, and I just feel like ballpark stand seats are way too far away from the stage - I just personally can't get overly excited about watching ants perform, no matter who it is. And any outdoor show has worse acoustics, so inside is always better. Anyway, it's a great plan on the band's part, but considering the expenses it's not do or die for me. I'm kind of thinking GA or bust for this one, considering the cost. I shall let the 10C ticket lottery gods decide if I'm going or not. If I can land GA for one show, then I'm totally there. If not... I might buy a new mattress instead, lol. I really need one. :tongue: Then again, I really do want to go... I'm going to struggle a bit with this decision!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Would this be my chance to catch Help Help? :P :D 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited January 2018
    How much is the travel/hotel discount, for those who have priced? Would be traveling from NYC. In my busiest time of year or I would price.
    I don't know about the flights, but the hotel is still pretty expensive. Now they only have rooms that are $360 a night or something like that? The cheapest (all gone already) were something like $239/night +fees/taxes? Maybe even a bit more?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    edited January 2018

pearljam Fun fact: The Home Shows mark Pearl Jam’s first hometown appearance in five years plus the largest headlining concert event in Seattle since the Rolling Stones’ two-night stint at the Kingdome in 1981.  #THEHOMESHOWS : @equalmotion

• j gastonj gaston Seattle Posts: 25
    Hope that Jubilee Women's Center can get some of the funds from the homeless benefit.  I've been volunteering there for years.
    It does great works.  http://www.jwcenter.org
    /Users/j2sue/Desktop/Boston 5:17:10.JPG
  • bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    OMG - I have to go!! Thank you, Pearl Jam!! :o:o:o:o:o:)
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    The discount for my flight was $7. Seriously. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Would make sense for the Seattle shows to be spun off in a separate lottery.
    I dont think it makes sense.  If they have loads of tickets i still think priority should be given to people that made it their top pick.  If there's boatloads of tickets then people who pick them as 3rd, 4th, 5th will get them too.   If there is GA in Seattle it would allow 10c members who prioritzed ga in seattle to get more access to pit tix.  If they seperate the lotto then people can get GA in boston/chicago then bump seattle people for the spots.

Thats my thoughts.   I thought it was a bit unfair in 2013 when they split up the east/west lottos.  So many people that had already seen shows on the otherside traveled and bumped people for spots :(
    GA will be the same number for all shows that have GA though. The pit is the pit. Reserved is where the extras will come I would imagine. 
    Yah but if they did Seattle as a seperate lotto people could order GA tickets for the other shows and again for seattle.  Possibly getting two pairs of GA tickets before Seattle only people get one.

I
    It's a possibility but not a certainty. Hence the lottery system. If the desire is to completely sell out both Seattle shows in addition to completely selling out the other 4 stadium shows separate lotteries for "home" and "away" shows make the most sense (speaking as someone only entering for Chicago #1)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    Whatever 10 club tickets they have allotted to them for the 7 shows they will sell out no matter if they do multiple draws or the 1 draw. If they do the one draw more people have a chance to see them. If they do multiple draws then there is more of a chance that people get completely shut out as opposed to one draw where most will get their first priority. 
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Seeing PJ play Seattle is a bucket list item. Existing travel plans the previous week and gonna keep me on the sidelines for this one. Hail hail the lucky ones! :lucky:  Fingers crossed for more tour dates!! :grin:
  • ComeToTX said:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Stinks that there is no way to get 3 tickets via the Ten Club. My wife and I want to take our son to his first show but will have to go with the public sale I guess. Shame after 20 plus years in the club they can't accommodate fans like myself. What would it hurt to have a 3 ticket option?
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    ComeToTX said:
    If you fly to the Away stadium shows (when/if they share those) you can save enough to pay for shipping of a disc or sticker to you!

:lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Stinks that there is no way to get 3 tickets via the Ten Club. My wife and I want to take our son to his first show but will have to go with the public sale I guess. Shame after 20 plus years in the club they can't accommodate fans like myself. What would it hurt to have a 3 ticket option?
    If you both have accounts and there is GA you can get 4 tickets and sell your spare to a fan here for face. That is if you want GA. If not the general sale will be your only other option for seats in the stands. 
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    YES!!!!! SO HAPPY FOR ALL GOING!!!! WAHOOOO!! YES!!!!!!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2018
    Stinks that there is no way to get 3 tickets via the Ten Club. My wife and I want to take our son to his first show but will have to go with the public sale I guess. Shame after 20 plus years in the club they can't accommodate fans like myself. What would it hurt to have a 3 ticket option?
    ...or a 4 ticket option. Or a 5 ticket option. Or a 6 ticket option.

2 tickets is a balance that has worked for (most) fans since forever. 

Ask for a spare on here.
    edited January 2018
    ...or a 4 ticket option. Or a 5 ticket option. Or a 6 ticket option.

2 tickets is a balance that has worked for (most) fans since forever. 

Ask for a spare on here.
    ... or a 1 ticket option. I don't like being forced to spend double what I need to spend on tickets. Yes, I can sell the spare later, but that can be a hassle, and I don't like having to front the money for a ticket I don't want. I understand limiting it to 2 completely. But why they won't allow singles is completely beyond me, since doing that would really help all the fans out.