The Golf Thread

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Hoping to play tomorrow and test out the new jumbo grips. Supposed to be 50 and sunny. Like the first nice day we’ve had in two months. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    eddiec said:
    Check out

Club Pro Guy

on twitter. Genius. He did a podcast with No Laying Up and yesterday he did one for the golf channel.
    Guy created a fictional club pro who used to play professionally on the Mexican Mini-Tour. King of the punch-out.
    If you like golf you'll love this guy.

The no laying up podcast with club pro guy was awesome. He's a funny dude.

No laying up is absolutely killing it. 2 or 3 full time people at this point. What a gig
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Hoping to play tomorrow and test out the new jumbo grips. Supposed to be 50 and sunny. Like the first nice day we’ve had in two months. 
    Enjoy! I’m stoked to get out soon but not quite there yet in the Chicago area. 
    bbiggs said:

Well we got a little snow on Tuesday and today is the first day it's got a chance to melt. So looking a little questionable at the moment.

In the garage this winter, I've been working on stopping coming over the top on my downswing lately. That's the biggest thing preventing me for taking the leap from 20ish handicap to 15ish. It's the reason I lack distance on my drives. So frustrating. Been chopping wood instead of skipping rocks! Need some actual practice on a course. Hopefully I can get out there tomorrow.

chinese-happy.jpg
    bbiggs said:

Well we got a little snow on Tuesday and today is the first day it's got a chance to melt. So looking a little questionable at the moment.

In the garage this winter, I've been working on stopping coming over the top on my downswing lately. That's the biggest thing preventing me for taking the leap from 20ish handicap to 15ish. It's the reason I lack distance on my drives. So frustrating. Been chopping wood instead of skipping rocks! Need some actual practice on a course. Hopefully I can get out there tomorrow.

Your boy Hank Haney.  100 dry swings a day...
    bbiggs said:

Yes sir. More like 30ish though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    bbiggs said:

Nice.  Definitely a good thing to get into.  I don't really have the room anymore...
    edited January 2018
    bbiggs said:

Nice.  Definitely a good thing to get into.  I don't really have the room anymore...

Well with the weather lately, the wife has taken up my space with her car....so I've been out on the deck.

It's fun to drive snow balls out into the yard actually. My neighbors probably think I'm a weirdo.

chinese-happy.jpg
    bbiggs said:

Well with the weather lately, the wife has taken up my space with her car....so I've been out on the deck.

It's fun to drive snow balls out into the yard actually. My neighbors probably think I'm a weirdo.

You are a weirdo
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490

Swinging the golf club in my apartment.  So many marks on the ceiling, a few divots in the carpet, so golf ball shaped indentions and holes in the wall...... Not getting my deposit back.

Of course every course I checked with on Saturday was still covered in snow so The Juggler's 2018 debut is delayed...

TIGER WEEK!

chinese-happy.jpg
    Following Tiger Tracker today....Big Cat apparently looks pretty good other than some missed puts inside 10 feet.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

Of course every course I checked with on Saturday was still covered in snow so The Juggler's 2018 debut is delayed...

TIGER WEEK!

I’m hoping for TIGER TWO DAYS!

maybe less....
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Going to be at a client this afternoon and all day tomorrow, so hopefully El Tigre makes the cut.
    Even isn’t the worst score.   Missed an easy putt for par on the 13 or 14.  Distance is there.  I think he will be competing on a lot of Sundays this year once he gets some competitive rounds in.
    If all goes to play I will be golfing in 50 degree weather tomorrow afternoon.
    A rusty 72 on the south course doesn't seem so terrible 
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Tiger looked great..night and day from his last comeback attempts..looks like he can and WANTS to play golf again. He'll be winning by mid summer if not before at Augusta. 
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    edited January 2018
    Yeah I was off yesterday and was able to watch. Thought he looked good, all things considered. Shaking off the rust...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    If all goes to play I will be golfing in 50 degree weather tomorrow afternoon.

Crossing my fingers Sunday isn't a washout so I can get out...
    chinese-happy.jpg

I

AM

TIGER

WOODS

chinese-happy.jpg
    I'd hit more fairways
    A 69 would have been nice (see what I did there), but not a God damn motherfucking thing wrong with a 72-71-70 at Torrey, especially when you can't buy a fairway. 
    Great news about his scrambling ability.  Pars won't cut it though, Tiger.
    Watching the replay now. I f’n love watching tiger play golf. Never gets old. Sure hope he is competitive this year and maybe sneaks in a win or two. 
    This Luke List kid is pretty damn good. Don’t know much about him but looks like the real deal. 
    Wobbie said:

TIGER WEEK!

I’m hoping for TIGER TWO DAYS!

maybe less....
    Sorry to disapoint.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Tiger’s out for blood...
    chinese-happy.jpg