Movember

redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
I am on board for this great cause & looking for any kind donations to help bump up my tally...

https://mobro.co/redraw?mc=1

btw - my daughter thinks my Mo is hilarious and laughs at me every day  =)=)

The loss of 2 musical legends (Chris & Chester) shows that no one is immune
Globally, the rate of suicide is alarmingly high, particularly in men. Too many men are ‘toughing it out’, keeping their feelings to themselves and struggling in silence. The Movember Foundation is aiming to reduce the rate of male suicide by 25% by 2030, and I want to help them get there. Help me stop men dying too young.

'95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
'03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
'11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
'14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25

Comments

• NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Bump for a great cause :bee:
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    edited November 2017

Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Donation made bump :bee:
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Thanx Tash =)
    Less than a week to go - hopefully my daughter will stop laughing at me then.....
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    Bump :bee:
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Donation made for such a Great cause...Keep up the Good work redraw :)
    Thanx heaps I_lov_it =)
    Much appreciated!!!
    Only a couple of days to go and hopefully my daughter will stop laughing at me....??
    Bump :bee:
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I've got a Movember account too. Noone has donated despite me making numerous Instagram posts to ask for donations.
    Second time I've done it and noone has donated. Bummer. Don't want to show my face on here as I want to remain anonymous so no I don't expect you people to donate haha.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    So Movember is over and my mo is gone.
    And, I have raised $0.
    Feeling like I don't matter because I donate to other people's accounts yet get nothing in return.
    Second time I've done it and raised $0 despite making Facebook/Instagram posts urging people to give.
    Not doing it again.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    And, I have raised $0.
    Feeling like I don't matter because I donate to other people's accounts yet get nothing in return.
    Second time I've done it and raised $0 despite making Facebook/Instagram posts urging people to give.
    Not doing it again.
    Maybe it would help to look at donations being unreciprocated not as an affront, but as them simply being givenby you or anyone else - with no expectation of return.

Also, this can be a monetarily-tight time for many.  All year can be the same for others.

Don't take it personally.

You can try the best you can
    The best you can is good enough

hedonist said:
    And, I have raised $0.
    Not doing it again.
    Maybe it would help to look at donations being unreciprocated not as an affront, but as them simply being givenby you or anyone else - with no expectation of return.

Also, this can be a monetarily-tight time for many.  All year can be the same for others.

Don't take it personally.

You can try the best you can
    The best you can is good enough

Yeah I know. I thought maybe they donated elsewhere. I understand money is tight nowadays but then I see some people spending it on things not necessary so don't know if that can be used as an excuse.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    And, I have raised $0.
    Not doing it again.
    I didn't see this until too late.  Send me a PM reminder next time and I will donate.  We're spread pretty thin so it won't be a lot but I can always come up with some cash for a good cause.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    And, I have raised $0.
    Not doing it again.
    I didn't see this until too late.  Send me a PM reminder next time and I will donate.  We're spread pretty thin so it won't be a lot but I can always come up with some cash for a good cause.
    You're too kind, Brian. If you're spread pretty thin I don't want you to feel you have to give. Only if you can.
    Much appreciated.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    brianlux said:
    And, I have raised $0.
    Not doing it again.
    You're too kind, Brian. If you're spread pretty thin I don't want you to feel you have to give. Only if you can.
    Much appreciated.
    No problem!  What's the link to your Movember acct?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    And, I have raised $0.
    Not doing it again.
    Much appreciated.
    No problem!  What's the link to your Movember acct?
    I don't want anyone seeing my face haha
    redraw said:
    Thanx heaps I_lov_it =)
    Much appreciated!!!
    Only a couple of days to go and hopefully my daughter will stop laughing at me....??
    You're Welcome redraw...it's good to help out for such a Great and important cause...oh and by the way do you still have your Moustache? ;)
    Haha - no, just a bit of increasingly grey stubble.....
    Thanks to u & some other generous friends I was able to raise $170 & my team from work hit $2500 :)
    The 'stache will be back later this year!!!
    redraw said:
    Haha - no, just a bit of increasingly grey stubble.....
    Thanks to u & some other generous friends I was able to raise $170 & my team from work hit $2500 :)
    The 'stache will be back later this year!!!
    What Really?...hey man that is so Good to raise that much Money well done!...and hey well done for Growing your Moustache too ;) hehe