Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    I’m really not feeling the new songs at all. It’s great that he’s pushing boundaries and trying new things, but it’s not doing anything for me. Personally I don’t feel his voice is strong enough to carry a minimalistic song like Connected By Love, and Respect Commander is a bit of a mess. 

I’ll still check out the album at some point and I’ll try to keep an open mind about it. That being said, this could end up being the third JW solo record in a row that won’t get played more than once or twice.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Not sure of the new JW material. Not surprised it's the new vault but I'm struggling to see the $60 value when the record itself will probably be $20 on black vinyl.
  • PJ_Soul said:

12. What's Done Is Done

SO PLEASE ACCEPT WHAT'S DONE IS DONE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mASJ6JU9axI
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • @MedozK Kev how was the trip down today?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited January 2018
    goldrush said:
    I’m really not feeling the new songs at all. It’s great that he’s pushing boundaries and trying new things, but it’s not doing anything for me. Personally I don’t feel his voice is strong enough to carry a minimalistic song like Connected By Love, and Respect Commander is a bit of a mess. 

I’ll still check out the album at some point and I’ll try to keep an open mind about it. That being said, this could end up being the third JW solo record in a row that won’t get played more than once or twice.
    oh man I play the shit out of jw solo records.  I'm sure i'm in the minority but I actually enjoy jw solo a hell of a lot more than the white stripes.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    edited January 2018
    There’s an ickythump X mint for $25 on Discogs.  Decent price for someone who wanted it?

Snap, it’s the demos only! Never mind :(
    Post edited by RoleModelsinBlood31 on
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Really love the new single. Looking forward to this release!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    @MedozK Kev how was the trip down today?
    Good. VERY COLD, it was like 10 degree wind chill with light snow. About an hour wait. Always cool to visit Third Man, but dang it was cold.
  • Love both the new songs.  For me personally at times I like the artwork that accompanies the music more than the music.
  • Has Meg done anything after WS?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10 said:
    goldrush said:

oh man I play the shit out of jw solo records.  I'm sure i'm in the minority but I actually enjoy jw solo a hell of a lot more than the white stripes.  
    I'm with you. I love Blunderbuss as much as any White Stripes record, often more. And the Acoustic Recordings on wax is my definitive, desert-island JW release. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Has Meg done anything after WS?
    She's a hermit
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    mrussel1 said:
    Has Meg done anything after WS?
    She's a hermit
    Yes.  In true fashion, I think she ended up marrying a son or grandson to one of the MC5 members.  Pretty sure that didn't work out.  I'd expect her to not move much out of the Grosse Point area of Detroit from here on out.  Pretty sure that's where her family is from.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • cwjacwja Posts: 132

Thinning out my Third Man collection. Some older Vaults and a few random things available.

Vault 1 Icky Thump Mono $450 (minor corner damage)

Forever My Queen $75 

$500 for both (no shirt) 

Dead Weather Triple Decker $750

Carl Sagan Cosmos $500

Vault 5 Dead Weather $250

Dead Weather Live At TMR attendee version $250

Vault 15 JW & The Bricks (sealed) $100

2010 Singles comp $50

2009 Singles comp (top seam split) $50

Jon Wayne Pink/Black split $75

Vault 9 Wanda Jackson (small top seam split) $50

Vault 12 Karen Elson $60

Jenny and Johnny Black & Blue $100

Dead Weather I Cut Like A Buffalo tri and dvd $200

Black Belles What Can I Do tri $100

Black Belles Honky Tonk Horror $90

Pair of BB tris $175

Dead Weather Hang You From The Heavens RSD (No Talons) $35

All prices include shipping in the US. Open to offers if any of the prices are out of whack. Message me with any questions about condition or any other questions.

• DE4173DE4173 Posts: 319
    1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Tour dates!!! :triumph:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Whoohoo!!! ... Feeling a lot better about paying too much for the vault now that pre-sales are finally connected to the subscription. :plus_one:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    DMB announced today as well.  Good day.  
  • PJ_Soul said:
    Whoohoo!!! ... Feeling a lot better about paying too much for the vault now that pre-sales are finally connected to the subscription. :plus_one:
    Is the Vault for TMR only one level now?  It used to be a few different price points and access to tickets came with all of them.  I haven't been a member for a while so I'm not sure how it works anymore.

• I might take a drive up to cooperstown for the weekend to see them!
  • cwjacwja Posts: 132
    PJ_Soul said:
    Is the Vault for TMR only one level now?  It used to be a few different price points and access to tickets came with all of them.  I haven't been a member for a while so I'm not sure how it works anymore.

They did away with the lower levels.
    PJ_Soul said:

I didn't even know they used to do pre-sales. I remember for his last tour there weren't any pre-sales at all, and the only ticket benefit with the subscription was a GA early entry lottery (10 GA ticket holders could win it per show... and wow, I actually won it last time! Was awesome).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I didn't even know they used to do pre-sales. I remember for his last tour there weren't any pre-sales at all, and the only ticket benefit with the subscription was a GA early entry lottery (10 GA ticket holders could win it per show... and wow, I actually won it last time! Was awesome).
    I got my tickets for the last couple times I saw him through the vault presales. The only time I think you could not was for his small acoustic run where you had to buy them in person. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Yep. Got presale for the dead whether while I was a $60 vault member. I then never renewed until jack announce shows a few years later, got in in the $20 level the day before tix went on sale and got early tix to the Detroit show.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I got my tickets for the last couple times I saw him through the vault presales. The only time I think you could not was for his small acoustic run where you had to buy them in person. 
    I dunno then... I didn't have access to any pre-sale for his 2014 tour, and I was a subscriber at the time ... perhaps he didn't do it for Canada or something, I have no idea.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I might take a drive up to cooperstown for the weekend to see them!
    Might be joining you
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    my2hands said:
    Might be joining you
    Same here. 
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • my2hands said:
    Might be joining you
    JK_Livin said:
    my2hands said:
    Might be joining you
    Same here. 
    If you two decide to go I'd like to go all weekend and see the BBHOF again.

If y'all are down we can plan a trip.
    @my2hands
    @JK_Livin

The Anthem in DC for me...  Great venue.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    JK_Livin said:
    my2hands said:
    Might be joining you
    Same here. 
    Me too. I m guessing the show is on a big field?  
    What a fantastic brewery!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......