Remember when Stone used to play the full outtro to In Hiding live?

Listening to the studio version and the live version it's a shame Stone doesn't play the full outtro. It seems like he is racing to finish the song.

During the 1998 and for part of the 2000 tour he did the complete outtro and since then it has been shortened.

Has anyone else noticed this? Would love if it was brought back.
I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
-Christopher Walken

you're=you are
your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
-Stephen Colbert

Comments

• drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    I agree. I also wish they'd play the full breakdown/bridge in State of Love and Trust.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,792
    edited January 2018
    I agree. I also wish they'd play the full breakdown/bridge in State of Love and Trust.
    After getting it played at 3 times the original speed at Milan 2006 (the version on Immagine in Corncuie) I wouldn't mind them slowing it down and adding shit to the song. Haha. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Yes, also they need to play it at the original speed.

And how I wish they'd play "I got ID" with guitar solos again, they stopped doing it since the start of the US tour in 1998 I think. Great song, but so much better with solos.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,626
    Original speed of everything would be great.  
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,740
    Listening to the studio version and the live version it's a shame Stone doesn't play the full outtro. It seems like he is racing to finish the song.

During the 1998 and for part of the 2000 tour he did the complete outtro and since then it has been shortened.

Has anyone else noticed this? Would love if it was brought back.
    Honestly, every song is sped up over the last decade of tours. They need an acoustic tour 
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,827
    Don’t worry about the outro...I’d just to hear the full song more often in their live shows! ;) 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    But you won’t get 3 hour shows at regular speed! 
    Ludicrious speed! GOOOOO!! 

www.cluthelee.com
  • But you won’t get 3 hour shows at regular speed! 

Where is the logic in this..?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Remember when someone asked Matt Cameron about slowing down the songs a notch, and everyone on here got crazy?

I think they mean that there would be less songs during the 3 hours.

I noticed that about In Hiding, but I would just love to hear it live, so I wouldn't mind about the outro.

I also noticed the bass ending for Jeremy was shorter for a while, not sure if the full outro made it back.

Think about it. Assignment is due Wednesday. 
    www.cluthelee.com

They could still play 3h. 

Or play the same amount of songs and play 4,5 hours.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    Don’t worry about the outro...I’d just to hear the full song more often in their live shows! ;) 
    Right?!  I know 15 shows isn't a lot compared to what some people have under their belts, but after 15 shows and 18 years In Hiding remains my white fucking whale.
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,345
    My little pet peeves:
    Given to Fly should be slowed down.
    SOLAT should slow down and have the proper bridge, because it's a great bass moment for Jeff.
    RVM always gets the second chorus sung twice, and it's infuriating. I love the "I couldn't breathe"... first chorus, but Ed seemed to stop singing that one around 1996. Drives me nuts.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    Stone def should play electric on Crazy Mary instead of acoustic !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    Original speed of everything would be great.  
    Agreed, they could still play 3 hours shows, just play fewer songs.
  • Original speed of everything would be great.  
    Agreed, they could still play 3 hours shows, just play fewer songs.
    Yes. 

And jam out Given to Fly to a ten minute long Neil Young-esque epic.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    Stone def should play electric on Crazy Mary instead of acoustic !
    You can't top the album version guitar playing.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    even with speeding all these songs up what are we getting, maybe one more song snuck into the setlist?  I mean I can't imagine it saves that much time.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    mcgruff10 said:
    even with speeding all these songs up what are we getting, maybe one more song snuck into the setlist?  I mean I can't imagine it saves that much time.
    Exactly
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,188
    The Rock said:
    My little pet peeves:
    Given to Fly should be slowed down.
    SOLAT should slow down and have the proper bridge, because it's a great bass moment for Jeff.
    RVM always gets the second chorus sung twice, and it's infuriating. I love the "I couldn't breathe"... first chorus, but Ed seemed to stop singing that one around 1996. Drives me nuts.
    I still get annoyed by RVM too. Last Exit is another one. He very rarely alternates the sun and ocean lyrics anymore or changes the end to 4 days. The last version I heard he said sun every time :disappointed:
    It's a hopeless situation...
    mcgruff10 said:
    RVM and Porch are 7-9 minutes each, every show. Just cut those jams a bit shorter.

Yeah I said it. :open_mouth:
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,378
    edited January 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    RVM and Porch are 7-9 minutes each, every show. Just cut those jams a bit shorter.

Shame on you!!! :o
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    mcgruff10 said:

oh hell no, tell ed to stop talking so much.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

oh hell no, tell ed to stop talking so much.
    That could work, too.  As the man himself said at the very first show I ever saw "Fuck the talkin, let's start rockin."

They could still play 3h. 

Or play the same amount of songs and play 4,5 hours.
    What venue would allow that without massive fines. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Let’s see some math boys. Slowed down =
    shorter show (or fewer songs). 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    I'll take a quality 2.5 hour show over a sloppy, too fast 3 hour show any day. 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Most songs are fine with a little kick in the ass, but they went too far with it, especially on a lot of Ten and Vs songs. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,792
    edited January 2018
    Let’s see some math boys. Slowed down =
    shorter show (or fewer songs). 
    What you don't get is, that the people wanting them to slow down don't feel the need for an endless spotify playlist of songs. "Quality" over quantity. Etc.

So there is no problem with the math.