The Idiot Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    why?!?!
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article194569029.html

A stranger disfigured her face in an acid attack, she told police. Then she confessed.

January 13, 2018 01:09 PM

Updated 2 hours 23 minutes ago 

It was a terrifying story: Lizzie Dunn said she was walking down the street in Staten Island, New York, on Monday when a stranger approached her with a question. 

“I didn’t know the person,” the 52-year-old told the New York Daily News. “She asked me for cigarette and I told her no.”

Dunn said the woman then asked if she could spare some money. She again refused, she said.

Then came the attack, she told police. Dunn said the alleged attacker forcibly turned her around and threw some type of acid on her face, leaving her with second-degree burns on her scalp and the left side of her face, Staten Island Live reported.

“It seemed like she was spraying a lot of times, like she had to keep pressing nozzle,” Dunn told CBS New York. “With my right hand I tried to grab the can and knock it out of her hand and with the left hand I was trying to shield whatever spray she was misting on me.”

But it all turned out to be a lie, police told NBC New York.

There was no stranger asking for money who sprayed Dunn, police say, because she sprayed herself and fabricated the story. 

After she disfigured herself with the acid, police say, Dunn stumbled into a nearby deli, frantically asking for someone to call 911. 

“We thought it was a prank at first,” Andrew Kenwood, who was working at the deli, told NBC. “She came in here, she was banging on the door, banging on the door. She was almost fainting and falling. … When I tell you it was absolutely horrible — it looks like her face is melting off.”

Police arrived after Kenwood called 911. Dunn told officers that a black woman in her mid-40s assaulted her with the caustic substance. But police later determined that Dunn, who they say had other scars from self-inflicted wounds in the past, sprayed herself with acid from her home, the New York Daily News wrote.

She also admitted to making up the story, police told WABC. It’s not yet known if she will face any charges for filing a false report to the police.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • People in Hawaii were warned of an imminent missile attack and to take cover via state text alert. People made their peace with each other and braced for the impact. Then the alert was clarified as a mistake.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/hamilton-brantford-couples-in-hawaii-prepared-for-the-end/ar-AAuDYai?li=AAadgLE&ocid=spartanntp
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mcgruff10 said:
    why?!?!

A stranger disfigured her face in an acid attack, she told police. Then she confessed.

It was a terrifying story: Lizzie Dunn said she was walking down the street in Staten Island, New York, on Monday when a stranger approached her with a question. 

“I didn’t know the person,” the 52-year-old told the New York Daily News. “She asked me for cigarette and I told her no.”

Dunn said the woman then asked if she could spare some money. She again refused, she said.

Then came the attack, she told police. Dunn said the alleged attacker forcibly turned her around and threw some type of acid on her face, leaving her with second-degree burns on her scalp and the left side of her face, Staten Island Live reported.

“It seemed like she was spraying a lot of times, like she had to keep pressing nozzle,” Dunn told CBS New York. “With my right hand I tried to grab the can and knock it out of her hand and with the left hand I was trying to shield whatever spray she was misting on me.”

There was no stranger asking for money who sprayed Dunn, police say, because she sprayed herself and fabricated the story. 

After she disfigured herself with the acid, police say, Dunn stumbled into a nearby deli, frantically asking for someone to call 911. 

“We thought it was a prank at first,” Andrew Kenwood, who was working at the deli, told NBC. “She came in here, she was banging on the door, banging on the door. She was almost fainting and falling. … When I tell you it was absolutely horrible — it looks like her face is melting off.”

Police arrived after Kenwood called 911. Dunn told officers that a black woman in her mid-40s assaulted her with the caustic substance. But police later determined that Dunn, who they say had other scars from self-inflicted wounds in the past, sprayed herself with acid from her home, the New York Daily News wrote.

She also admitted to making up the story, police told WABC. It’s not yet known if she will face any charges for filing a false report to the police.

What goes through some people's minds? Geezuz.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    People in Hawaii were warned of an imminent missile attack and to take cover via state text alert. People made their peace with each other and braced for the impact. Then the alert was clarified as a mistake.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/hamilton-brantford-couples-in-hawaii-prepared-for-the-end/ar-AAuDYai?li=AAadgLE&ocid=spartanntp
    A smart man would have used that as a moment to get laid

No reports of panic looting. If the east coast got that warning every store and gas station would have been looted and burned to the ground within 25 minutes 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    mcgruff10 said:
    why?!?!

Mental illness is why.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Jason P said:
    People in Hawaii were warned of an imminent missile attack and to take cover via state text alert. People made their peace with each other and braced for the impact. Then the alert was clarified as a mistake.

A smart man would have used that as a moment to get laid

No reports of panic looting. If the east coast got that warning every store and gas station would have been looted and burned to the ground within 25 minutes 
    can you imagine, 10 years later?

Daddy, how did I get made?
    Well, honey, we all thought we were going to die at the hands of someone they called "Rocket Man", so your mother and I. well....we....um....decided to start a family! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Making the Racist-in-Chief, Richard Spencer, and all white  supremacists proud......

University of Alabama expels student over racist videos
  • Making the Racist-in-Chief, Richard Spencer, and all white  supremacists proud......

University of Alabama expels student over racist videos
    Ridiculous.
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    People heavily invested in crypto currency.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • People heavily invested in crypto currency.
    Haha. My brother talked all christmas about investing in that. I wanted to invest in Nintendo instead. Maybe I'm the smarter one.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Haha. My brother talked all christmas about investing in that. I wanted to invest in Nintendo instead. Maybe I'm the smarter one.

Ponzi scheme.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    unsung said:
    You’re right, that is an idiotic meme. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Completely, lol.

unsung said:
    Completely, lol.

#ponzi. Good luck long term. I reckon you will need it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Been at it four years, thanks no coiner.
    Idiot business owners who think it is a good idea to literally give the finger to potential customers, including large ice sculptures of a hand giving the finger. Why? Because of changes to traffic patterns that make transit move much quicker but limit car access on one street in Toronto.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/davide-mastracci/give-the-finger-back-to-anti-transit-king-street-business-owners_a_23341511/?utm_hp_ref=ca-homepage
  • Idiots of the cultural variety.

Pakastani council orders a 'revenge rape' which is promptly executed:

https://www.aol.com/video/view/pakistani-council-orders-girl-s--revenge-rape-/597a46f8c214e31eb30dd4e6/

It's not an uncommon practice- it's been done before. Nice. eh? F**king morons.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited February 2018
    So the biggest idiots are the pro-gun lunatics flooding the PJ FB page after their plea to fans to do what they can to hold elected officials accountable for the lobbying performed by the NRA. 

I don't think all the people posting on there were true PJ fans, but I just do not understand the gun culture.  Never have. never will.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but gun regulations (not banned, just regulated) here in Canada and other countries has reduced the incidents of gun crime.   Facts are facts. 

But if you read some of the comments on there you can definitely get an idea of the intelligence level of some of these folks. Guns don't kill people, people do.  That is exactly the problem. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    So the biggest idiots are the pro-gun lunatics flooding the PJ FB page after their plea to fans to do what they can to hold elected officials accountable for the lobbying performed by the NRA. 

I don't think all the people posting on there were true PJ fans, but I just do not understand the gun culture.  Never have. never will.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but gun regulations (not banned, just regulated) here in Canada and other countries has reduced the incidents of gun crime.   Facts are facts. 

But if you read some of the comments on there you can definitely get an idea of the intelligence level of some of these folks. Guns don't kill people, people do.  That is exactly the problem. 

What I've gathered from recent shootings, is the only people who understand the gun culture are mentally ill and need to be stopped. 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    This clown is both an idiot and a truly repulsive person. After defrauding his investment clients by millions, fleeing the country and evading paying restitution, he is now taking the BC Securities Commission to court, alleging that their attempts to collect the fine levied against him are an abuse of due process against him.

http://www.timescolonist.com/business/ex-financial-adviser-ian-thow-claims-pursuit-of-250-000-fine-is-abuse-of-process-1.23182975
  • This clown is both an idiot and a truly repulsive person. After defrauding his investment clients by millions, fleeing the country and evading paying restitution, he is now taking the BC Securities Commission to court, alleging that their attempts to collect the fine levied against him are an abuse of due process against him.

http://www.timescolonist.com/business/ex-financial-adviser-ian-thow-claims-pursuit-of-250-000-fine-is-abuse-of-process-1.23182975

Whaaat...?

Thow argues that because the BCSC was not in the habit of collecting fines and penalties — in order to allow fraud victims to recover as much as possible from their fraudsters — that it would have been reasonable to assume it would not seek to collect the $250,000.

I'm really confused by this. Are people actually this idiotic? They can't be. Has anyone given him a swift kick in the ass? He needs one.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited March 2018
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    What in the actual fuck? I can't believe shit like this happens and yet we wonder why teenagers are shooting up their schools with the readily available arsenal at the local gun store. With a rebel yell!

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/05/us/hanging-confederate-mural/index.html
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergs said:
    What in the actual fuck? I can't believe shit like this happens and yet we wonder why teenagers are shooting up their schools with the readily available arsenal at the local gun store. With a rebel yell!

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/05/us/hanging-confederate-mural/index.html
    Wow.

The base cultivating more of the base.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited March 2018
    https://youtu.be/Sj3oz92KHuI
    Karen Mallard, Virginia congress candidate cuts down barrel of an “assault rifle”, inadvertently committing a felony in the process.  She illegally manufactured a SBR (short barreled rifle) live on Facebook, lol.  Last I checked, she has 23k comments on the video from people saying that they are reporting her to the ATF and now has a 1 star rating on her facebook page.  This whole thing is stupidly ironic!!!
    Here is her Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/KarenMallardForVA/
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    PJPOWER said:
    Karen Mallard, Virginia congress candidate cuts down barrel of an “assault rifle”, inadvertently committing a felony in the process.  She illegally manufactured a SBR (short barreled rifle) live on Facebook, lol.  Last I checked, she has 23k comments on the video from people saying that they are reporting her to the ATF and now has a 1 star rating on her facebook page.  This whole thing is stupidly ironic!!!
    oh sure, now you're for restrictions on guns?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    oh sure, now you're for restrictions on guns?
    This restriction has been in place for quite sometime.  I do feel we should enforce laws already on the books and Mrs. Mallard could be used as a great example...otherwise she is going to set president for others that try to do the same thing...