Options

Pearl Jam and EV mystery tube event coming in one week, and a stage used set list extravaganza

Comments

• Options
    He was the guy saying how much he hated pearl jam and the fans on fb a few years ago. Now he is selling all his stuff to them.
    Really? Maybe Ed fired him
    Ed did fire him and from what I understand was a pretty big jerk about it. Not knocking the hard work of the collectionz folks putting on this sale at all as they are busting their asses. But I am a Ricky Ramone truther, or maybe an Eddie Vedder truther. People need to hear the whole story.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,695
    He was the guy saying how much he hated pearl jam and the fans on fb a few years ago. Now he is selling all his stuff to them.
    Ed did fire him and from what I understand was a pretty big jerk about it. Not knocking the hard work of the collectionz folks putting on this sale at all as they are busting their asses. But I am a Ricky Ramone truther, or maybe an Eddie Vedder truther. People need to hear the whole story.
    Not really too important to the theme here, It is what Rick has made available that is the focus, not really how cool or not people found him as a person. At the end of the day no one knows what really went on or how the relations are these days, and thats really how it should stay
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:
    Not really too important to the theme here, It is what Rick has made available that is the focus, not really how cool or not people found him as a person. At the end of the day no one knows what really went on or how the relations are these days, and thats really how it should stay
    Ya ya I def back collectionz and the charity work you guys all do for sure
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    I’ve dealt directly with him to buy set lists in the past and he was a great guy.  I have nothing but positive things to say about him. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,431
    on2legs said:
    I’ve dealt directly with him to buy set lists in the past and he was a great guy.  I have nothing but positive things to say about him. 
    Seconded. Great guy. 
  • Options
    Becca1Becca1 Posts: 176
    Rick is a awesome guy. Met him in the airport after the 2013 wrigley show and still stay in contact with him. Can’t wait to see all the cool items that are up for grabs..
  • Options
    Who doesn’t love a good Extravaganza once in awhile anyway?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Not long now 
  • Options
    I am (hoping) to be in...depends on cost...
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 836
    I’d love the Benny setlist but if it was written by a random crew member, and then photocopied a bunch of times, what makes it so valuable? I’d be buying a photocopy. If it was a one off in Ed’s writing that would be a piece of history. Even if it was an original written by a crew member, that would be more appealing, but it’s just a photocopy.  I was ready to jump on it until I found this out. 
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,531
    I’d love the Benny setlist but if it was written by a random crew member, and then photocopied a bunch of times, what makes it so valuable? I’d be buying a photocopy. If it was a one off in Ed’s writing that would be a piece of history. Even if it was an original written by a crew member, that would be more appealing, but it’s just a photocopy.  I was ready to jump on it until I found this out. 
    It may have notes on it from whatever tech was using it.   Still a concert used item. 
  • Options
    I don’t disagree with what you posted.  But these set lists come from Ed’s guitar tech and were used during the show.  As stated they have the tuning added to them for Ed’s guitars. Some people place a value on it.  But there is an argument to be made that it’s just a photocopy. 

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    I have two of Ed’s stage used photocopied set lists. Shit was up near him all night - pretty fucking badass. Got black tape all over em’ 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I have two of Ed’s stage used photocopied set lists. Shit was up near him all night - pretty fucking badass. Got black tape all over em’ 
    How significant a photocopied piece of paper might be reminds me of the scene in the gas station from No Country For Old Men:

Anton Chigurh: Don't put it in your pocket, sir. Don't put it in your pocket. It's your lucky quarter. 

Gas Station Proprietor: Where do you want me to put it? 

Anton Chigurh: Anywhere not in your pocket. Where it'll get mixed in with the others and become just a coin. Which it is.

• Options
    I guess it is pretty cool that it was part of the night. I bought a band signed poster recently but I never met them. Some on here have said buying a signed item would be meaningless unless they got it signed themselves in person but I get chills every time I look at it. To each their own I guess. 
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    pdalowsky said:
    Not long now 
    Friday night at 7pm UK time right Paul?
  • Options
    cockagecockage Posts: 456
    This is an amazing collection.  Glad to see it being offered to fans.   I'm definitely interested in a few pieces myself.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    Any chance there is a Randall s 2 set list?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    sak300zxsak300zx Posts: 720
    mcgruff10 said:
    I wish, but unfortunately not @mcgruff10
    www.Collectionzz.com
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,504
    Becca1 said:
    Rick is a awesome guy. Met him in the airport after the 2013 wrigley show and still stay in contact with him. Can’t wait to see all the cool items that are up for grabs..
    HA! I'll never forget that morning . You and I must have been at the gates around the same time - I showed up for a 7am flight which got cancelled only to end up waiting 13 hours standby until a spot on another flight opened up. Spotted Rick and Stone's tech Andy hanging out before they caught their flights, didn't bother them as I was too busy trying to figure how best to spend the $10 food voucher I got for the delay! 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,504

I guess it is pretty cool that it was part of the night. I bought a band signed poster recently but I never met them. Some on here have said buying a signed item would be meaningless unless they got it signed themselves in person but I get chills every time I look at it. To each their own I guess. 
    To each their own. While some have been fortunate to receive signatures in person, others have picked up signed pieces through various charitable causes that were truly stunning. Just my $0.02 but when these guys have the opportunity to take their time and sign nicely the end result is truly special. Not a single rushed signature. Definitely a plus! 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    sak300zx said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I wish, but unfortunately not @mcgruff10
    aaaah one day!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    100 Pacer said:

To each their own. While some have been fortunate to receive signatures in person, others have picked up signed pieces through various charitable causes that were truly stunning. Just my $0.02 but when these guys have the opportunity to take their time and sign nicely the end result is truly special. Not a single rushed signature. Definitely a plus! 
    I hear you. They’re not the best signers. Even some of the charity posters which you’d think they’d have all the time in the world to sign look sloppy or they sign in wierd spots. I’m the one who bought the Danny Clinch signed poster. You commented on my post. It’s a really nice item. All in silver and signed beside the correct person. All amazing signatures except Matt’s is a little messy. He’s the worst signer of all of them! I’ve seen other posters and his is usually the worst. I don’t think they put much effort into signing stuff because it’s probably not their thing. They probably wonder why people pay so much for some ink.

What do you think of Matt’s? Not the best example 

Post edited by jpdannabelle on
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    Big day tomorrow. Ready for a little mystery ?
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,303
    pdalowsky said:
    Big day tomorrow. Ready for a little mystery ?
    Damn straight!!
  • Options
    The big day is here!! 2pm EST at collectionzz.com! 
    www.Collectionzz.com
  • Options
    gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    edited January 2018
    Any idea if you can buy one normal tube then one scratch and dent tube?  And will it be like most of these sales where if you are not a robot you are out of luck?
    Post edited by gvn2fly1421 on
  • Options
    Any idea if you can buy one normal tube then one scratch and dent tube?  And will it be like most of these sales where if you are not a robot you are out of luck?
    Yes, you can buy whatever variety you want. So if you wanted 1 PJ Mystery and 1 PJ Scratch & Dent you can do so by either adding both to cart and checking out, or checking out individually for each.
    www.Collectionzz.com
  • Options
    cockagecockage Posts: 456
    im excited for this....hoping to grab a few setlists.

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    I got a set list, but not my first choice, and a poster.