2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Given2Fly said:
    Given2Fly said:
    JM144705 said:
    Given2Fly said:
    I'll never understand the "OMG HOMETOWN SHOW!" people. Have you not been to, or seen the setlists for the couple concerts here the last 20 years? They don't like playing here, it's why they never do and why the setlists are always average at best.
    The last couple times Eddie has come out and said how the crowd just stands around and doesn' give them any energy. That's why they love to play places like Philly, NYC, boston, Chicago. HIGH energy crowds. The band really feeds off of it. 
    Yeah, I understand why they don't like hometown shows. The combo of a stale crowd plus horrible venues (Key Arena is a shithole with horrible sound). I don't understand the people who go out of their way to see a hometown show. Based on the rumored shows coming up, it'll likely be the worst setlist and worst crowd of the tour, and the only thing going really does is take tickets away from Seattle people who have had 3 shows in 9 years -1 show in 8 years- (This is the part where I'm bitter from being shutout of the stupid lotto's.).
    And hah, I just looked at my concerts I've been to, it's technically 3 "non-special" SEATTLE shows in over 15 years. God they despise Seattle shows. Hah.
    So can we assume that you are going to skip the Safeco shows based on your theory of it being the worst setlist and worst crowd? I saw a couple of shows on the 2013 tour and I don't have any complaints about how the Seattle show went. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    CopperTom said:
    Also, great shows can happen with calm crowds.  Bad shows can happen with great crowds.

jdopj said:
    I think the whole crowd thing is overblown 
    Plenty of great crowds across the country. 
    Moline/Milwaukee/Denver run in 14 had great crowds
    Not to mention that it's relative to where you are in the venue as well.  If you're surrounded by shitty people, it might suck but the person 10 feet away from you might think it's the greatest crowd ever.

U.S. crowds for big bands are full of corporate guests and stuff that are in primo locations but couldn't care less about the music.  At Wrigley II 2016 I was on the rail behind the little VIP section on Stone's side.  It was full of guests and friends (including some we all know) and they werent even facing the stage most of the time, either talking or looking at their phones.  I didn't see as much of that in Amsterdam and Italy in 2014.

It's what it is...big business.  I've been trying to go to more small shows/newer bands and it's usually a way better experience.

MSG had the same corporate douchebags next to the GA pits in their suits and ties...playing on there phones the entire time. Eddie and Mike both had to notice too. it was depressing. 
    MSG 1 2016 was down on that group. Show was great but HATED the vibe in that section. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489

I'm at 103 and some of my highlights would be below.  Basically, they are the shows that when I think about them I instantly can say that was an all-time great time.  There are shows I've been to where people would be surprised they weren't listed, but there are a lot of variables involved (city, who you are with, what section you are in, tired, thinking about work, etc...) that impact my enjoyment level.

Champaign 2003, Mansfield III 2003, Toledo 2004, Grand Rapids 2004, Philly 2005, Vic Theater 2007, Columbia 2008, Philly III & IV 2009, PJ20, Amsterdam II 2012, Berlin 2012 (both), Missoula 2012, Wrigley 2013, Brooklyn II 2013, Charlottesville 2013, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Moline 2014, Buenos Aires 2015, Greenville 2016, Quebec City 2016, Telluride 2016

That is pretty cool when 25% of the shows are just kick-ass, memories forever type of shows.  And the other 78 aren't bad either!

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

I'm at 103 and some of my highlights would be below.  Basically, they are the shows that when I think about them I instantly can say that was an all-time great time.  There are shows I've been to where people would be surprised they weren't listed, but there are a lot of variables involved (city, who you are with, what section you are in, tired, thinking about work, etc...) that impact my enjoyment level.

Champaign 2003, Mansfield III 2003, Toledo 2004, Grand Rapids 2004, Philly 2005, Vic Theater 2007, Columbia 2008, Philly III & IV 2009, PJ20, Amsterdam II 2012, Berlin 2012 (both), Missoula 2012, Wrigley 2013, Brooklyn II 2013, Charlottesville 2013, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Moline 2014, Buenos Aires 2015, Greenville 2016, Quebec City 2016, Telluride 2016

That is pretty cool when 25% of the shows are just kick-ass, memories forever type of shows.  And the other 78 aren't bad either!

awesome list!  nothing pre-'03?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Where are the god damn rumors  :s:|
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    Given2Fly said:
    JM144705 said:
    Given2Fly said:
    I'll never understand the "OMG HOMETOWN SHOW!" people. Have you not been to, or seen the setlists for the couple concerts here the last 20 years? They don't like playing here, it's why they never do and why the setlists are always average at best.
    The last couple times Eddie has come out and said how the crowd just stands around and doesn' give them any energy. That's why they love to play places like Philly, NYC, boston, Chicago. HIGH energy crowds. The band really feeds off of it. 
    Yeah, I understand why they don't like hometown shows. The combo of a stale crowd plus horrible venues (Key Arena is a shithole with horrible sound). I don't understand the people who go out of their way to see a hometown show. Based on the rumored shows coming up, it'll likely be the worst setlist and worst crowd of the tour, and the only thing going really does is take tickets away from Seattle people who have had 3 shows in 9 years -1 show in 8 years- (This is the part where I'm bitter from being shutout of the stupid lotto's.).
    The weird part about Seattle shows is that so many people aren't from Seattle, so people blame it on Seattle, but I'd be surprised if people from Seattle made up 30% of the audience.

I thought 2013 was pretty decent... at least it looked like it was from my shitass seats in the upper deck behind the stage.

I'll go to Seattle, usually do.   Vancouver/Seattle are my locals shows.  Both are roughly the same distance way.   There have been pretty damn good Seattle shows.  Seattle II '98, Seattle II '00, Both '02 shows were pretty good, Gorge 05, Gorge 06x2, '13

T
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692

We've been to at least 3 of the same shows. I gotta say, that Champaign 03 show was FIRE! My ex somehow ended up with that boot. One she's probably not since listened to. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    mcgruff10 said:

awesome list!  nothing pre-'03?
    Only saw two shows before then.  1998 Chicago and 2000 Rosemont.  I don’t remember much from the first show other than Ed running around like a monkey during DTE.  The transition from Long Road to DTE was a shock to my system.
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 679
    Zod said:
    The weird part about Seattle shows is that so many people aren't from Seattle, so people blame it on Seattle, but I'd be surprised if people from Seattle made up 30% of the audience.

Ironically, I think that's why MSG shows are so great.  Not because New Yorkers are so awesome but because people travel from all over to see a show at MSG and they are hyped to have a great time.  I think bands feed off that energy and also are hyped themselves to play there.
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Zod said:
    Given2Fly said:
    JM144705 said:
    Given2Fly said:

I thought 2013 was pretty decent... at least it looked like it was from my shitass seats in the upper deck behind the stage.

I'll go to Seattle, usually do.   Vancouver/Seattle are my locals shows.  Both are roughly the same distance way.   There have been pretty damn good Seattle shows.  Seattle II '98, Seattle II '00, Both '02 shows were pretty good, Gorge 05, Gorge 06x2, '13

T
    THANK YOU! I'm glad I am not the only one from Seattle who has enjoyed the shows here. Everyone talks about them like they're the worst of the worst, and I've seen posts in the past from people who didn't even go to the shows but were griping based on word of mouth. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Given2FlyGiven2Fly Seattle Posts: 167
    Zod said:
    Given2Fly said:
    JM144705 said:
    Given2Fly said:

T
    Couldn't tell from my shitass upper deck seats in the back corner in the tin can arena(Thx lotto). Ting, ting, ting. Gorge isn't "Seattle", may as well call Vanc Seattle :) And I Don't think we can talk about 18/20 year old shows :p The real problem is the lotto lacks a "home region" modifier and in a place like Seattle that gets so many "tour-ists" and so few shows, it really f's locals. 

Hey btw, old friend :)
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    SOLAT319 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    Just a thought (sorry if this has been discussed already): Eddie has done Ohana Fest in Southern California the last two years. Seems to be his baby, and I'm not sure it could survive at this point without him. Ohana Fest website says "See you in 2018", so it's obvious the plans are for it to continue this year. How might this affect any potential SoCal shows, or PJ shows elsewhere for that matter?

For what it's worth, last year Ohana Fest was September 8-10, and if we're talking stadiums, the Dodgers are on a long road trip from September 7-16...
    im thinking Ohana will be Sept 8 this year. That's what we are planning on at this point. And true, it's Ed's gig, so I would believe he will be there. So ya, maybe a Dodgers stadium show mixed in?

kasedoug said:
    kaw753 said:
    This answered my question.... but I will point out that the second night of Cal Jam October 6-7 needs a headliner. Both festivals are great times.
    Foo Fighters are the only headliner at Cal Jam. The Friday night this year was lower key with a couple of cover bands and Trouble Funk playing one of the side stages. The main stage was not open on Friday.
    I was about to say the same thing. Cal Jam is basically a one-day (Saturday) festival, with people encouraged to camp and chill on Friday. Not to say that they can't expand it to a full two-day fest, but I haven't heard anything about any intentions to do so, and I have a close friend who works in management at Glen Helen who would tell me that was in the works.

I'm still thinking Outside Lands is the most likely festival possibility for 2018.
    OSL? Not gonna happen. 
    For what reason?

I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
    Where are the god damn rumors  :s:|
    Seriously!

#standingman #duranadam
    I hope a US announcement doesn’t lead to Amsterdam 2 being lost in the wind
    You should give up on Ams 2 by now. 

#standingman #duranadam
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    edited January 2018
    SOLAT319 said:
    Do you have insider info? The way you shoot down ideas so confidently seems to suggest you do
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Where are the god damn rumors  :s:|
    This thread is filled with lots of rumors.
    But not one provable or verifiable fact about U.S. dates in 2018.
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 679

They are playing Citizen’s Bank Park in Philly for sure, likely second weekend of September. This per an executive friend that works at the stadium. 
     jayPJfanCT said:
    I called the Red Soxs tickets dept about Zac Brown and Pearl Jam. They wouldn't confirm/deny any tickets for Pearl Jam. I was told to keep an eye out for new announcements in the further weeks for more concert announcement's. Then told me Zac goes on sale next week. 
    Hopefully these guys aren't getting their info from Alt Nation!!  LOL
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    Sure feels like their twitter and FB posts have increased lately.

Just now on FB: "Which songs are on your dream Pearl Jam setlist?"
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    Hartford 2008 bootleg rocks,
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
    SOLAT319 said:
    Do you have insider info? The way you shoot down ideas so confidently seems to suggest you do

#standingman #duranadam
    I don’t have any  info. Pinkpop is your Ams 2.

#standingman #duranadam
  • JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    Sure feels like their twitter and FB posts have increased lately.

Just now on FB: "Which songs are on your dream Pearl Jam setlist?"
    I thought the same thing myself! 
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Just hope they announce a US tour soon...but even better an Australian tour ;)
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    edited January 2018
    Given2Fly said:
    Zod said:
    Given2Fly said:
    JM144705 said:
    Given2Fly said:

T
    Couldn't tell from my shitass upper deck seats in the back corner in the tin can arena(Thx lotto). Ting, ting, ting. Gorge isn't "Seattle", may as well call Vanc Seattle :) And I Don't think we can talk about 18/20 year old shows :p The real problem is the lotto lacks a "home region" modifier and in a place like Seattle that gets so many "tour-ists" and so few shows, it really f's locals. 

Hey btw, old friend :)
    J?  I thought you moved away from Seattle?   Good to hear from you :)

I still consider Gorge to be Seattle.  There's nothing out there but desert.   The town of George has 100 people.  There's nothing there.  It's mostly people from the Seattle driving to those shows, so I consider to be Seattle.

I wish there was a way to do the hometown modifier without excluding people like me that in a place where PJ never plays.   I always have to go to Vancouver/Seattle.  I guess they could do it.  Maybe include all the neighboring state/provinces?  2013 was the hardest for tickets I've ever seen a Seattle show.    I think a big part was they did the east/west legs as seperate lotto's.  Many eastern US members were able to get #1 picks from local(ish) shows plus a #1 pick for Seattle.  It made it really tough :(

I do agree it's time for PJ to kick some ass in Seattle.   The '09 shows weren't that great.. so it's been one solid show in the past 10 years :(
    Post edited by Zod on
  • DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    Getting this back on the first page....
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Tour rumors are the best rumors.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377
    If it was around January 19th, 2016 that they announced dates, including Fenway, perhaps this is the big week!  http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/01/19/pearl-jam-fenway-park-boston-2016-tour/
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    edited January 2018
    It definitely feels like something is about to pop. I'm just hoping something else besides Wrigley, Fenway and Seattle comes out. I'm hoping to do the Wrigley show(s). But would loooooove it if something in LA was schedule. That would be a great excuse for a mini summer vacation to LA.
  • It’s pretty much confirmed. But I’ve a friend that works for the cubs and he told me wrigley is 100% confirmed this summer. 
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    It’s pretty much confirmed. But I’ve a friend that works for the cubs and he told me wrigley is 100% confirmed this summer. 
    Sure wish we could get some confirmations of other shows besides Wrigley and Boston. I’m still suprised that there doesn’t seem to be any full tour planned for North America this year.