******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Fuck it, rain is gonna be done in the AM and then it gets colder.  Bought some Tork Club level seats for a decent price. 
    Going to train in or Uber in before the game and then squat for an hour in the club after the game before taking the Orange back to Center City and hopefully partying there for the night.  If the results are not good she may not be up for the last part of the plan.

You guys just throw a grill down and pop a keg or something?  Or do you go all nutters like some of the folks with the RVs, big screens, and sound systems?

I generally float between a couple tailgates. My regular one consists of a grill, beers, corn hole, and a make shift porta-potty tent thing (which is a genius idea, by the way).

Then I have work friends on the other side of the same lot and they are with a group that has a couple huge rv's and tv's, music, and tons of different food spreads and booze. Usually had over there after I get tired of the other one.

Some of them looked pretty cool.
    I got a screen thing-y for my back yard so when the kids and their friends are using the pool they can piss behind it.  I dont want them pissing in the pool nor making my cherry wood floors in the den bathroom that they use closest to the pool all fucked up.
    At night I dont even both to go to the screen, I just piss on the grass.  Most people have seen a penis by the time they grow to adulthood.  If you don't like it (please) stay outta my pool and hot tub when I'm drinking!

Pissing in your own backyard is one of the great joys of homeownership.

For a tailgate, though.....this thing is awesome. In the tent, it's like a 2 liter bottle of soda with the top torn off that you piss in and then a tube takes it down into the ground. So glad I'm not the guy who cleans it up.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Hahaha.  Agree, although my wife would frown at that.  Adopting one kid and having another changed that....used to be she didn't care if I passed out at 6pm. 
    Yeah, I'm just getting used to this, but I figure I'll go with, "Daddy's taking a nap."

Also, I think someone is reading this every-important thread. TIMELY...

I guess when I'm right I'm right, ya know?

https://deadspin.com/sports-start-times-ranked-1821990796w
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Ohhhhh Birds game in London. I think I'm gonna have to make this work.

Unless you are going to the game, this blows. I despise the early London games.

NFL needs to stop doing this stuff. Go back to the way it was. Stop the Thursday games too. Just go back Sundays in the continental United States and Monday Night Football. That's all you need. They've overexposed themselves and that's the primary reason ratings are down a little bit....not because less than 1% of their players kneel for 50 seconds during a song.

%100 spot on Juggler.

Hell, even the players do not want to play in the Thursday night game. Plus, with not enough rest/recovery, the games are usually bad. Shouldn't that tell the NFL "something"? 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Hahaha.  Agree, although my wife would frown at that.  Adopting one kid and having another changed that....used to be she didn't care if I passed out at 6pm. 
    Yeah, I'm just getting used to this, but I figure I'll go with, "Daddy's taking a nap."

That is for soccer.  ;)

BTW, living in SoCal also meant that I wore shorts, t shirt, and flip flops to the bar at 10 AM every Sunday of the football season.  This is tough to beat. 
    [Also -- the women were 5x better looking and 10x in better shape than here.  I love this area but this is not up for debate.]
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

That is for soccer.  ;)

BTW, living in SoCal also meant that I wore shorts, t shirt, and flip flops to the bar at 10 AM every Sunday of the football season.  This is tough to beat. 
    [Also -- the women were 5x better looking and 10x in better shape than here.  I love this area but this is not up for debate.]
    That is not for soccer - "Here are the best times for tipoffs, kickoffs, first pitches, and whatever they do in soccer:"

And of course women, and men - ALL OF US - are less attractive in the northeast, especially the Philly/South Jersey area. The mugs of the people who live around me in South Philly make me convinced that everyone lives in a sewer. I am not excluding myself from this.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

That is for soccer.  ;)

That is not for soccer - "Here are the best times for tipoffs, kickoffs, first pitches, and whatever they do in soccer:"

And of course women, and men - ALL OF US - are less attractive in the northeast, especially the Philly/South Jersey area. The mugs of the people who live around me in South Philly make me convinced that everyone lives in a sewer. I am not excluding myself from this.
    Hahaha.  Yeah I misread, sorry.  If Deadspin agrees -- you are correct, sir!

Wtf do I care if men are less attractive?  :lol:

I outkicked my coverage by a lot but I always aimed high.  (Sometimes I settled down low, lol)

I married a South Jersey girl, but I did it after she lived in SoCal for 15 years

edited January 2018

I outkicked my coverage by a lot but I always aimed high.  (Sometimes I settled down low, lol)

I married a South Jersey girl, but I did it after she lived in SoCal for 15 years

Hey, man, I'm right and they just happened to publish after my statement? Too fucking coincidental to not be because of me is all I'm sayin'.

I would think you would care the same about the men as the women no? Just driving home the point that we're an ugly bunch as a whole. 

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    JK_Livin said:
    I think you mean sixers.

also for those going to the game on Saturday don’t forget the killers are playing at Wells Fargo center so the parking lot is going to be cray cray.
    Eagles are playing the Jags in London next year
    oh thought you meant the sixers game today against the celtics in london today, my bad
    I think you mean sixers.

also for those going to the game on Saturday don’t forget the killers are playing at Wells Fargo center so the parking lot is going to be cray cray.

On the exit, I guess, but the concert is at 8. 
    yeah but people will be tailgating and stuff, just a heads up
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

Hey, man, I'm right and they just happened to publish after my statement? Too fucking coincidental to not be because of me is all I'm sayin'.

I would think you would care the same about the men as the women no? Just driving home the point that we're an ugly bunch as a whole. 

They stole it from you!

Nah, I care about how women look but not men.  (I still light my fire with two sticks.)

They stole it from you!

Nah, I care about how women look but not men.  (I still light my fire with two sticks.)
    Oh, this is good shit right here.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

That is for soccer.  ;)

I have a theory about this...I call it my I-95 theory.  If you start in miami and travel north on 95, the women will get noticeably uglier the further north you go.  The only exception is NYC (the best city in the world).  By the time you get to boston it is downright scary.

Eagles find a way to win tomorrow.  I hope it pours
    NYC is pretty tight but it is not the best for looks, even in the US.  Not by a long shot. 
    I like your theory, however. 

NYC is pretty tight but it is not the best for looks, even in the US.  Not by a long shot. 
    I like your theory, however. 

southern california is tough to beat.  My theory only pertains to the east coast.  half of the female population in nyc is models.  It's insane up there - I love it
    There are a lot of beautiful women, for sure!
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Go Birds!!!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Just because I know there are some Pats haters here.  Thought the breakdown, especially at the end, to be hilarious.
    I used to love The Boston Sports Guy...and liked The Sports Guy in the beginning.  Now he is just The Douchelord.

https://deadspin.com/bill-simmons-is-a-fucking-embarrassment-1822032693

Just because I know there are some Pats haters here.  Thought the breakdown, especially at the end, to be hilarious.
    I used to love The Boston Sports Guy...and liked The Sports Guy in the beginning.  Now he is just The Douchelord.

https://deadspin.com/bill-simmons-is-a-fucking-embarrassment-1822032693

I read this earlier and I totally agree with you.

The best part of his column now is his terrible gambling picks.  He went 0-4 last week and mentioned something like 'everyone got killed last week'.  Um, no dipshit not everyone.  The Fixer went 2-2, including a monster bet on the panthers (though KC did put it in my butt).  Anyone betting or advising to bet teasers (ie, simmons) is terrible at gambling.  I hope the picks keep coming, nice opportunity to fade someone who stinks at picking games.

He does have the eagles this week, which really sucks.  I put in a large bet on the Eagles moneyline (+115).  Get it done fellas
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Fuck you, hoes.

I hope you have a miserable time tomorrow.

Smons and I shared that gambling fate last week.  0-4.  Fucking idiot, betting all of the favorites.
    That is why this week I am betting....3 favorites and one dog.  FEF!
    Trying really hard not to lose all rationale and get sucked in to today......yeah, fuck all that, all in now; beers are open - Philly Sports Power Hour will be on a loop.

FUUUUUUUCK GO BIRDS
    Letting last night's vodka wear off....will be beer time in a few hours.
    well that was pretty nerve racking!  Looked shaky in the beginning with the two turnovers but luckily the defense was outstanding.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    edited January 2018
    Fucking hammered.  Zama post game party.  Fuck off!
    (Ha!  Drunken receipt removed!). We ate and drank a lot!
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    Doug Pederson!! You magnificent bastard you!!! I’ll submit that this, other than the ridiculous time out before the fg attempt, was the best coached Eagles playoff game I can ever remember. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Final goal line stand was probably the second...maybe the third loudest I’ve ever heard it down there. Can’t beliwve this team is hosting the NFC championship game. Unreal. Go Birds!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited January 2018

Yall getting smoked by the pats but yeah, think you're going
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Fucking hammered.  Zama post game party.  Fuck off!
    (Ha!  Drunken receipt removed!). We ate and drank a lot!
    saw it last night, that was... WOW!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    That was.....tasty.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    :smiley:

Should be a great game against the Vikings.  Go Birds!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD