I'm in the 10C "Grace Period" - where's my stuff?

Hi all,

My membership is currently expired as of 12/27/17.  I fully plan to renew but I thought it was odd that when I log in it's as if I have never been a member before.  All my bootleg codes, my mp3 access is gone.  I paid for those!

I assume they will come back when I re-up my membership but just found it unusual and a little annoying.  Considering all the anger over the 2016 single (which I have still yet to receive), I was hoping to at least get the mp3s.  So now I have to sign up again in 2018 in order to get something I paid for in 2016?

Oy vey...

- Dan

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    Did you email the ten club?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• No, I just logged in now and noticed.  I'm not really concerned, just wish the grace period was a little more "graceful."

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Maybe they need a little grace too  :wink:
    Give 'em a shout and hopefully it'll get worked out
    https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/requests/new 

No, I just logged in now and noticed.  I'm not really concerned, just wish the grace period was a little more "graceful."

Oh. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    auto-renewal
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited January 2018
    From the 10c member support section.  Grace period only pertains to keeping your membership number.  

Membership Policy

Membership Renewal Policy

-->> A Ten Club Membership is considered delinquent on the exact date of expiration. All membership benefits will stop on the expiration date if the membership is not renewed.<<--

NOTE: Membership benefits apply to the benefits being offered at the time of your renewal. If your renewal was made in 2016, you will be eligible for the 2016 membership benefits. If your renewal is made in 2017, you will be eligible for the 2017 membership benefits, and so on. -->>The grace period only pertains to keeping your member number and does not pertain to membership benefits.<<--

Auto-Renewal
    All memberships purchased after June 3rd 2012 require a valid credit/debit card on file in order for us to process annual membership renewals. The card on file will be charged on your renewal date when your current Membership level automatically renews.

Declined Auto-Renewal
    If the card on file is not valid at the time of renewal (e.g. due to insufficient funds or credit, or an expired card), the site will send an email letting you know and then you will have 2 days to update your payment information before it tries again to renew your membership. The site will make 3 total attempts once every 48 hours to process your card for your renewal. If the final attempt fails, the site will send you an email letting you know that your Membership could not be renewed and is therefore expired.

Renewing Expired Memberships Within 90 Days
    For memberships that have been expired less than 90 days after the date of expiration, the delinquent account may be renewed by logging in to the expired account and purchasing a new membership. Membership benefits will start up again on that date of payment and members will keep their last member number.

Renewing Expired Memberships After 90 Days
    For memberships that have been expired for more than 90 days after the expiration date, the delinquent accounts can be renewed by logging in to the expired account and purchasing a new membership. Membership benefits will start up again on that date of payment. However, a new member number will automatically be assigned and all seniority will be lost.

For special circumstances regarding an account that has been inactive for less than one year, please contact us.

2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    deadendp said:
    From the 10c member support section.  Grace period only pertains to keeping your membership number.  

Membership Policy

Membership Renewal Policy

-->> A Ten Club Membership is considered delinquent on the exact date of expiration. All membership benefits will stop on the expiration date if the membership is not renewed.<<--

NOTE: Membership benefits apply to the benefits being offered at the time of your renewal. If your renewal was made in 2016, you will be eligible for the 2016 membership benefits. If your renewal is made in 2017, you will be eligible for the 2017 membership benefits, and so on. -->>The grace period only pertains to keeping your member number and does not pertain to membership benefits.<<--

Auto-Renewal
    All memberships purchased after June 3rd 2012 require a valid credit/debit card on file in order for us to process annual membership renewals. The card on file will be charged on your renewal date when your current Membership level automatically renews.

Declined Auto-Renewal
    If the card on file is not valid at the time of renewal (e.g. due to insufficient funds or credit, or an expired card), the site will send an email letting you know and then you will have 2 days to update your payment information before it tries again to renew your membership. The site will make 3 total attempts once every 48 hours to process your card for your renewal. If the final attempt fails, the site will send you an email letting you know that your Membership could not be renewed and is therefore expired.

Renewing Expired Memberships Within 90 Days
    For memberships that have been expired less than 90 days after the date of expiration, the delinquent account may be renewed by logging in to the expired account and purchasing a new membership. Membership benefits will start up again on that date of payment and members will keep their last member number.

Renewing Expired Memberships After 90 Days
    For memberships that have been expired for more than 90 days after the expiration date, the delinquent accounts can be renewed by logging in to the expired account and purchasing a new membership. Membership benefits will start up again on that date of payment. However, a new member number will automatically be assigned and all seniority will be lost.

For special circumstances regarding an account that has been inactive for less than one year, please contact us.

Rut roh
    www.cluthelee.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    yeah, i found this annoying. i was in my grace period, not sure if i was going to renew. i couldn't download the 2016 single or deep unless i paid for my 2018 membership, which i thought was kinda bullshit. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

what i found odd, was that i could post here for about a month into my grace period, then bam, couldn't post anymore. not sure why it didn't get shut off posting privileges when everything else got locked up. who knows. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    jjflash said:
    Maybe they need a little grace too  :wink:
    Give 'em a shout and hopefully it'll get worked out
    https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/requests/new 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d18UWu4dRv4
    here u go

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    If there is a Grace Period of 90 Days wouldn't benefits be available if /when payment is made within the 90 days?
    It does say though if renewed within the 90 day period  Membership Benefits will start on the date of payment

aus_suz said:
    If there is a Grace Period of 90 Days wouldn't benefits be available if /when payment is made within the 90 days?
    Pretty sure the whole point of the grace period is that you don’t lose your membership number. 

• CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    edited January 2018
    on2legs said:
    aus_suz said:
    Pretty sure the whole point of the grace period is that you don’t lose your membership number. 
    Yes.  This is the important detail.
    Post edited by CopperTom on
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,743
    So we get 90 days of non payment to keep seniority? Good to know
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16

• I am totally understanding that current/future benefits occurring during ones grace period would not apply.  But benefits of the past, which I paid for and earned (like the bootleg codes) should not disappear.  That's not right.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

I am totally understanding that current/future benefits occurring during ones grace period would not apply.  But benefits of the past, which I paid for and earned (like the bootleg codes) should not disappear.  That's not right.

Yeah, that's kinda fucked up.

I am totally understanding that current/future benefits occurring during ones grace period would not apply.  But benefits of the past, which I paid for and earned (like the bootleg codes) should not disappear.  That's not right.

How many years would you like them to hold your bootleg codes for?

they shouldn't if you had no chance to redeem them prior to your grace period, like with me, i was in my grace period when the new xmas single was for download in my account, and i couldn't access it unless i renewed, which i agree, is garbage. but the bootleg code is available from the day you initially renew. you had a whole year to redeem it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2018

they shouldn't if you had no chance to redeem them prior to your grace period, like with me, i was in my grace period when the new xmas single was for download in my account, and i couldn't access it unless i renewed, which i agree, is garbage. but the bootleg code is available from the day you initially renew. you had a whole year to redeem it. 
    Agreed. You can't expect 10C to act as your download storage manager after your membership expires. Get that done before it expires. It doesn't seem reasonable to have a whole year to use your download codes and then complain you can't access your account once you stop paying your membership. But yeah, in your case, they basically gave you what you paid for and never made it accessible to you at all because of the timing and the fact that they can't manage to give you what you paid for in anything close to a timely manner. That's no good. I bet they would fix it though, if they got an email about it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

Agreed. You can't expect 10C to act as your download storage manager after your membership expires. Get that done before it expires. It doesn't seem reasonable to have a whole year to use your download codes and then complain you can't access your account once you stop paying your membership. But yeah, in your case, they basically gave you what you paid for and never made it accessible to you at all because of the timing and the fact that they can't manage to give you what you paid for in anything close to a timely manner. That's no good. I bet they would fix it though, if they got an email about it.
    they most likely would have, but i decided to renew anyway. against my better judgment. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• quasiquasi Posts: 492
    Sorry, you snooze you lose. The club offers an inch and people want a mile. The same thing happened to me and I didn't expect anything to be left since it was my fault that I let the membership lapse. I just wanted my membership number which is what I got back.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Pretty pathetic if all that stuff disappears during a grace period.
    DewieCox said:
    Come on... it says right in the rules that the grace period only applies to you number.  

• Let's not act like this is an expense on the 10C - the bootleg codes I paid for are what - 10 characters of text long?  It just seems small of them to remove them from your profile.  I paid for them.  Could at least email them to me.

I also had no access to the 2016 single files (and haven't received my 45 yet either.)

I am not outraged or anything, this isn't a big deal.  Just seems a little wrong that's all.

DewieCox said:
    I think when you become current again it re-appears,. But the bootleg codes dont expire  for as long as u are a current member once the membership lapses the codes are gone. 

Let's not act like this is an expense on the 10C - the bootleg codes I paid for are what - 10 characters of text long?  It just seems small of them to remove them from your profile.  I paid for them.  Could at least email them to me.

I also had no access to the 2016 single files (and haven't received my 45 yet either.)

I am not outraged or anything, this isn't a big deal.  Just seems a little wrong that's all.

Im having trouble getting them from my 10c account to anywhere... I've downloaded a few over the yrs but they are sitting there waiting to get moved somewhere somehow one day when I figure out how too....lol
    DewieCox said:
    can we not actually be grateful there's a grace period at all? nothing anywhere says they are required to give us 3 months to get our shit together. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

aus_suz said:
    DewieCox said:
    I think when you become current again it re-appears,. But the bootleg codes dont expire  for as long as u are a current member once the membership lapses the codes are gone. 
    I'm sure when I renew it says my bootleg code expires at the end of February. So I tend to use it right away. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• DewieCox said:
    can we not actually be grateful there's a grace period at all? nothing anywhere says they are required to give us 3 months to get our shit together. 

Yes, I am grateful for the grace period.  Though to be fair, wouldn’t it be comically contradictory of the 10C to be hardliners on deadlines?  :wink: