Donald Trump

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    so can we now say shithole on network news? is that socially acceptable since yesterday?

i heard a reporter say it in the briefing room when asking trump a question. was kinda taken aback for a second.

this is where we are now.
    I guess, yeah. haha. This isn't totally new though I don't think, at least not in Canada. Shit is now perfectly acceptable on the radio now, and I recently noticed that some channel was allowing the word during a commercial promo for some show or other. But anyway, the news is now just warning viewers that the next story contains language that may be offensive to some, and then they launch into it uncensored.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Man I gotta say this move was just fucking stupid.  Yeah, I support trump, but I also support decency and using ones brain.  I am all for shooting from the hip and straight talk and telling it like it is but this was just a dumbass comment.  The dude always takes a step forward and then two back.  Know your audience trump, you’re trying to make a deal and you bust out with shithole country comments.  Jesus what a dumbass.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Man I gotta say this move was just fucking stupid.  Yeah, I support trump, but I also support decency and using ones brain.  I am all for shooting from the hip and straight talk and telling it like it is but this was just a dumbass comment.  The dude always takes a step forward and then two back.  Know your audience trump, you’re trying to make a deal and you bust out with shithole country comments.  Jesus what a dumbass.
    Why do you support Team Trump Treason, with all that we know about him, his behavior, his comments, etc?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Man I gotta say this move was just fucking stupid.  Yeah, I support trump, but I also support decency and using ones brain.  I am all for shooting from the hip and straight talk and telling it like it is but this was just a dumbass comment.  The dude always takes a step forward and then two back.  Know your audience trump, you’re trying to make a deal and you bust out with shithole country comments.  Jesus what a dumbass.
    Why do you support Team Trump Treason, with all that we know about him, his behavior, his comments, etc?
    I like his plans.  Not how he’s going about them obviously, but I support the wall and feel folks who want to be here should attempt to become citizens and assimilate.

I also like the drop in corporate tax rate seeing as I have a corporation.

I love how he’s an outsider and claimed he wanted to drain the swamp.  I don’t think he’s done it, believe me, and the staff he’s brought in has hurt him more than helped him, but DC is full of trash who are lifers in positions that were never meant to be.  i like the fact that they’re all squirming in their seats because he’s there.  They should never be complacent, and I think he’s got the right idea with shaking them up.

like I said before I was liberal and voted dem for a long time but it was always smoke in mirrors with them, a lot of empty promises with nothing to show for it.  I was really turned off by how the party and it’s followers (my brother is a huge dem, rabid on fb) were constantly name calling and harassing people who thought differently than they did.  Calling folks racist who were clearly not, throwing out super ugly claims at folks who just believed something differently than them.  I fully believe that if you don’t agree with someone you learn to appreciate their views, rather than forcing yours on them.  I’m not religious because I think it’s stupid and the forcing ones religion on another is as dumb as it comes, so
    why are dems who are anti religion trying to do exactly that and force their opinions on someone else just like those they hate? Just sent me packing basically, I was ashamed pretty much by how all my dem friends were acting online.
    edited January 2018
    I like his plans.  Not how he’s going about them obviously, but I support the wall and feel folks who want to be here should attempt to become citizens and assimilate.

I love how he’s an outsider and claimed he wanted to drain the swamp.  I don’t think he’s done it, believe me, and the staff he’s brought in has hurt him more than helped him, but DC is full of trash who are lifers in positions that were never meant to be.  i like the fact that they’re all squirming in their seats because he’s there.  They should never be complacent, and I think he’s got the right idea with shaking them up.

like I said before I was liberal and voted dem for a long time but it was always smoke in mirrors with them, a lot of empty promises with nothing to show for it.  I was really turned off by how the party and it’s followers (my brother is a huge dem, rabid on fb) were constantly name calling and harassing people who thought differently than they did.  Calling folks racist who were clearly not, throwing out super ugly claims at folks who just believed something differently than them.  I fully believe that if you don’t agree with someone you learn to appreciate their views, rather than forcing yours on them.  I’m not religious because I think it’s stupid and the forcing ones religion on another is as dumb as it comes, so
    why are dems who are anti religion trying to do exactly that and force their opinions on someone else just like those they hate? Just sent me packing basically, I was ashamed pretty much by how all my dem friends were acting online.
    Do you mean integrate? Or you literally want people to assimilate?? Because that's not gonna happen with a whole lot of immigrants who are good people and valuable to American society.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587

I see liberals as being for separation of church and state, not anti religion as any policy. I do see conservatives be totally anti religion that isn’t their own. Did someone say Muslim ban?
    PJ_Soul said:

Do you mean integrate? Or you literally want people to assimilate?? Because that's not gonna happen with a whole lot of immigrants who are good people and valuable to American society.
    Good call! I meant integrate more than assimilate, but I do mean a bit of both.  Folks have to be involved in their communities and part of society.  My feeling is that I appreciate our open borders because of our founding wishes to welcome with open arms everyone....  Unfortunately we have a major problem of people not renewing visas and sneaking in and remaining undocumented and never attempting to be part of anything positive.  Sure, the few are ruining it for the many, but you can’t have a grey area.  Just with trumps scare tactics he’s lowered the human trafficking massively, and that’s a huge problem here in tx.  The San Antonio police chief is in some serious shit right now due to some human trafficking he turned his back on. The original plan never accounted for 11 million folks to be here in hiding basically.

edited January 2018

I see liberals as being for separation of church and state, not anti religion as any policy. I do see conservatives be totally anti religion that isn’t their own. Did someone say Muslim ban?
    Yeah, liberals just don't want religious people to insert their religious values into law, which is exactly what a lot of Republicans do or want to do. It's got nothing to do with being "anti-religious".
    As for calling folks racist when they're not... yeah, of course that's bullshit. But In a lot of cases, they really are racists and just don't know it or have just completely snowed themselves into think they aren't. I am very familiar with this brand of racist, because my mother is one of them. But damn, you should see her when I point it out to her. She acts so offended, lol, thinks I'm like these liberals you hate, and she references her Chinese friend to prove she's not a racist, lol. She is seriously oblivious to her racism, and that is the case with a LOT of racists. They think that if they don't walk around in a white sheet or get a swastika tattooed on their chest, or if they are okay with "some" of "them", they can't be racists. They are ignorant to a lot of what racism actually is. There are blatant racists, and then there is subtle racism that runs deep and mild and is easier for people to talk their ways out of, and that is the kind that can actually cause the real harm, and the kind that influences policy and shit.
    My sister is also a racist, and much bigger one than my mother, but I'm pretty sure she totally knows she is and is fine with that.
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, liberals just don't want religious people to insert their religious values into law, which is exactly what a lot of Republicans do or want to do. It's got nothing to do with being "anti-religious".
    As for calling folks racist when they're not... yeah, of course that's bullshit. But In some cases, they really are racists and just don't know it. I am very familiar with this brand of racist, because my mother is one of them. But damn, you should see her when I tell her she's racist (and it's obvious - I'm not exaggerating harmless things that aren't actually racist). She acts so offended, lol, thinks I'm like these liberals you hate, and she references her Chinese friend to prove she's not a racist, lol. She is seriously oblivious to her racism, and that is the case with a LOT of racists. They think that if they don't walk around in a white sheet or get a swastika tattooed on their chest, or if they are okay with "some" of "them", they can't be racists. They are ignorant to a lot of what racism actually is. There are blatant racists, and then there is subtle racism that runs deep and mild and is easier for people to talk their ways out of, and that is the kind that can actually cause the real harm, and the kind that influences policy and shit.
    My sister is also a racist, and much bigger one than my mother, but I'm pretty sure she totally knows she is and is fine with that.
    Lol! I’m not oblivious to it, I know a lot of folks like that.  It’s a scary part of the world we live in unfortunately.  Because people are all dfferent I suppose the animal instinct is to be better than your opponent maybe? There’s a lot of folks who vote dem who are openly racist too, it’s not just one party or the other- yet it is certainly one party pointing the fingers at the other.  A bunch of my employees are from Mexico and have worked for me since I opened.  They bust out with shit like “well the guy was black so I want about to open my door.”  They pull on their eyes when they’re talking about a Chinese guy down the way who has a donut shop in our little trade area, and go on and on about how his place is nasty and how he’s dirty because he’s Chinese. They openly mock me since I’m white but I don’t care, we all laugh about it- they’re great employees and they work their asses off for me.

edited January 2018
    Well yeah, the reason one party is pointing the finger at the other in terms of racism is because the Republican party is the one that actually manages to roll racism into policy. That seems fair to me.... I mean come on man. Surely you know that more racists in government are Republican, and that the majority of and the worst racists are Republican/conservative. I don't think anyone can reasonably deny that, especially not now, when the WH is stuffed full of them. That doesn't mean every Republican is racist or that no democrat is racist - anyone who thinks that is just an idiot, so it probably doesn't matter what they say anyhow.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593

Are you aware of how horribly bad such a wall would be for wildlife--  what the long-term devastating consequences for ecological balance along the US/Mexican border would be? 

Please take a few minutes to at least browse this article:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trump-rsquo-s-wall-may-threaten-thousands-of-plant-and-animal-species-on-the-u-s-mexico-border/

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited January 2018
    That is definitely the worst thing about the wall idea Brian. Hell, if there could be a wall without there being a wall, something that didn't destroy the environment and endanger animals (and screw over so many people who have property there and didn't cost so many tens of billions of dollars.. if it doesn't go over $100 Billion I'll be fucking shocked, and that's just to get it built. Never mind all the billions it would cost to maintain it and police it), then I wouldn't mind a wall, lol. Unfortunately, this wall is an affront to common decency and mother nature ..... Of course, no sign of the wall yet. It might not even get off the ground. Trump will be lucky to even start that project before his term's up, and whoever replaces him is likely to axe it.
    You know, I understand wanting to keep people from just walking across the border. That is just common sense that you don't want that. Democrats don't want that either. However, some problems don't have a simple solution like a big ass fucking wall, for good reasons. This is one of those problems.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

How are you fairing on deductions?  We haven't met with our accountant yet but I'm hearing we will loss practically all of them.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    In response to the environmental problems with the wall, I totally agree and that is a definite negative effect.   Every change has an effect. The beauty of wildlife is that it adapts.  Some bad shit is sure to happen, but the benefits massively outweigh the bad.  So much bad shit comes through that border and hits us here in Texas it’s just horrible.  Like fucking 30 foot trucks full of cooked bodies that were never let out because the traffickers who charged them 10k to come over left them and ran.  Tons of shit in the news here all the time it makes you sick to your stomach.  I’m from
    NY and have only lived here 10 years but I’ve heard enough horrible shit about the border for a while.  There’s like 30 something countries with border walls, so the idea shouldn’t be a shock or something new to folks, yet everyone is like “what?! A wall?!” Lol, google it and see for yourselves.  

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    I hope Mexicans don't have boats!
    PJ_Soul said:
    Well yeah, the reason one party is pointing the finger at the other in terms of racism is because the Republican party is the one that actually manages to roll racism into policy. That seems fair to me.... I mean come on man. Surely you know that more racists in government are Republican, and that the majority of and the worst racists are Republican/conservative. I don't think anyone can reasonably deny that, especially not now, when the WH is stuffed full of them. That doesn't mean every Republican is racist or that no democrat is racist - anyone who thinks that is just an idiot, so it probably doesn't matter what they say anyhow.
    Unfortunately I don’t really believe that.  Having been a dem and now on the other side, I don’t think either party espouses racism necessarily, sorry.
    edited January 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    Unfortunately I don’t really believe that.  Having been a dem and now on the other side, I don’t think either party espouses racism necessarily, sorry.
    ..... Seriously? Even right now?? And even on the State level? I've gotta disagree with you there man. But I agree with the necessarily part. It's not like every Republican policy and every Republican is racist, obviously.
    Alright I’m starting to neglect my family now and am getting dirty looks.  Time to drink and smoke a few.  Happy evening y’all 
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    PJ_Soul said:
    Racism was built into trump’s campaign and also his policies. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    In response to the environmental problems with the wall, I totally agree and that is a definite negative effect.   Every change has an effect. The beauty of wildlife is that it adapts.  Some bad shit is sure to happen, but the benefits massively outweigh the bad.  So much bad shit comes through that border and hits us here in Texas it’s just horrible.  Like fucking 30 foot trucks full of cooked bodies that were never let out because the traffickers who charged them 10k to come over left them and ran.  Tons of shit in the news here all the time it makes you sick to your stomach.  I’m from
    NY and have only lived here 10 years but I’ve heard enough horrible shit about the border for a while.  There’s like 30 something countries with border walls, so the idea shouldn’t be a shock or something new to folks, yet everyone is like “what?! A wall?!” Lol, google it and see for yourselves.  

Look, I don't want to sit here and berate you RoleModel and I'm guessing you really do care about an appreciate nature but please, take some time to study the basic concepts of ecological sciences.   Like all science, it's a complex subject but the basic concepts are fairly easy to grasp.  Your argument goes against many well understood basics of ecology.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    When you support trump you support evil

• vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425

now now. we must be careful to stay outside of the liberal bubble.
    i think at this point the vast majority of Trump supporters are confused as hell anyway.  Even the sad people of the alt right
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258

Exactly!!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • brianlux said:

Look, I don't want to sit here and berate you RoleModel and I'm guessing you really do care about an appreciate nature but please, take some time to study the basic concepts of ecological sciences.   Like all science, it's a complex subject but the basic concepts are fairly easy to grasp.  Your argument goes against many well understood basics of ecology.
    The wall is up and has been up and is still going up.

My friend has been building the wall on and off for the last 7 years.

He's been building it during the Obama years too.

The wall is a joke and we all know it.
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    What did he say that was not true?  

So Haiti isn't a shithole?
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    unsung said:

in the eye of the beholder.  
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Like Reuters?

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    unsung said:

As much as I want to unload on this comment, I will pass.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I've been away for over a week and this thread had 1.2K new posts. I have not kept up withe news but Donnie must be on a roll. 
This discussion has been closed.