Iran deal.....

1303132333436»

Comments

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 10,640
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:
    No no, I have it on good authority that his tweet was smarter than anything Obama said.

I still can't figure out if BS really believes this stuff or if he's just taking us for a ride.
    I believe it. So did people in Obama’s administration.

https://youtu.be/3gf-gjbnktM

Silence was the wrong approach then. It is the wrong approach now.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/democracy-post/wp/2018/01/03/the-west-should-stop-dithering-and-show-its-support-for-the-protesters-in-iran/

And Sharansky is no Trump fan.

Well then let me highlight Larison's point on why that likely isn't what the a protester would want..

Iran hawks love to present themselves as friends of the Iranian people so long as they think Iranians are prepared to do what they want (i.e., overthrow the regime), but every policy they support is aimed at impoverishing, harming, vilifying, and excluding Iranians. It is just a little too obviously two-faced to fool anyone. It is no surprise that Iranians remember this and have no interest in receiving “support” from the people that otherwise want to bomb them or strangle their country into submission
    Except Trump is not your typical Iran Hawk. He isn’t for nation building or for a policy that would negatively harm the Iranian people. He is “America First” and no doubt understands that the Iranian people are “Iran First”. These two needs of different countries do not have to be at cross-purposes. If anything his position is far more honest and authentic and can align well with an Iranian people that want freedom from the mullahs and freedom from interference. Trump isn’t tainted by 40 years of failed foreign policy and has the flexibility to chart a new course. As I said since the primaries that a Trump win would come with certain under appreciated advantages. His stance on Iraq, disingenuous or not, positioned himself well to respond to this issue.

It’s about cheaper eggs. Hate to break it to you. You really should travel to Tehran and talk “to the street.”
    09/15/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/29/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield, MA; 08/18/08, O2 London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL;

"If you're looking down on someone, it better be to extend them a hand to lift them up."

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 9,847
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:
    No no, I have it on good authority that his tweet was smarter than anything Obama said.

I still can't figure out if BS really believes this stuff or if he's just taking us for a ride.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/democracy-post/wp/2018/01/03/the-west-should-stop-dithering-and-show-its-support-for-the-protesters-in-iran/

Well then let me highlight Larison's point on why that likely isn't what the a protester would want..

Iran hawks love to present themselves as friends of the Iranian people so long as they think Iranians are prepared to do what they want (i.e., overthrow the regime), but every policy they support is aimed at impoverishing, harming, vilifying, and excluding Iranians. It is just a little too obviously two-faced to fool anyone. It is no surprise that Iranians remember this and have no interest in receiving “support” from the people that otherwise want to bomb them or strangle their country into submission
    Except Trump is not your typical Iran Hawk. He isn’t for nation building or for a policy that would negatively harm the Iranian people. He is “America First” and no doubt understands that the Iranian people are “Iran First”. These two needs of different countries do not have to be at cross-purposes. If anything his position is far more honest and authentic and can align well with an Iranian people that want freedom from the mullahs and freedom from interference. Trump isn’t tainted by 40 years of failed foreign policy and has the flexibility to chart a new course. As I said since the primaries that a Trump win would come with certain under appreciated advantages. His stance on Iraq, disingenuous or not, positioned himself well to respond to this issue.

Trump should hire you, you always find a way to give his blunders and ignorance a positive spin.
    Of course, everything you say is laughable bullshit, but it's sure better than anything Sanders is able to conjure.

We are talking about the guy who literally can't read an entire policy brief, the guy who was so ignorant on world affairs that his staff had to set up a special training session full of charts and graphs and with his name peppered throughout so that they could hold his attention.
    But, no, I'm sure that's all part of his master plan and you'll explain it to us afterwards.
    Yes...he’s a total moron who accidentally keeps accomplishing most of his agenda while at the same time he is a cunning hitlarian genius who masterfully colluded with Russia to steal the election. At some point you’ll all have to square that circle. Two sides of the same coin? 
    He hasn't accomplished shit and everyone knows it, you can parrot Hannity all day but it won't make either of you right.
    I don't believe he's done anything in his life masterfully, aside from convincing other idiots that he's not one of them.  I don't think the collusion stole the election, I do think it's a great toehold for nailing him on the money laundering it appears he's been doing for the Russian mob.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 5,147
    rgambs said:
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:

Trump should hire you, you always find a way to give his blunders and ignorance a positive spin.
    Of course, everything you say is laughable bullshit, but it's sure better than anything Sanders is able to conjure.

We are talking about the guy who literally can't read an entire policy brief, the guy who was so ignorant on world affairs that his staff had to set up a special training session full of charts and graphs and with his name peppered throughout so that they could hold his attention.
    But, no, I'm sure that's all part of his master plan and you'll explain it to us afterwards.
    Yes...he’s a total moron who accidentally keeps accomplishing most of his agenda while at the same time he is a cunning hitlarian genius who masterfully colluded with Russia to steal the election. At some point you’ll all have to square that circle. Two sides of the same coin? 
    He hasn't accomplished shit and everyone knows it, you can parrot Hannity all day but it won't make either of you right.
    I don't believe he's done anything in his life masterfully, aside from convincing other idiots that he's not one of them.  I don't think the collusion stole the election, I do think it's a great toehold for nailing him on the money laundering it appears he's been doing for the Russian mob.

Ha. The special prosecutor is a “great toe hold for nailing him on the money laundering it appears he has been doing for the Russian mob”. Where do you come up with that crap? Steve Bannon? But you’re the sane one parroting nobodies talking points. Also I’m glad you admit why you want the special prosecutor in place. It isn’t about “collusion” but a totally different crime that he wasn’t even appointed to investigate. You pretty much confirm the belief by some that this is nothing more then a witch hunt. You’re trying to reverse an election you lost via other means. What a patriot!

edited January 7
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:

Ha. The special prosecutor is a “great toe hold for nailing him on the money laundering it appears he has been doing for the Russian mob”. Where do you come up with that crap? Steve Bannon? But you’re the sane one parroting nobodies talking points. Also I’m glad you admit why you want the special prosecutor in place. It isn’t about “collusion” but a totally different crime that he wasn’t even appointed to investigate. You pretty much confirm the belief by some that this is nothing more then a witch hunt. You’re trying to reverse an election you lost via other means. What a patriot!

You should read Team Muller’s Mandate. It’s far reaching and all encompassing. I guess only Hillary Clinton has to follow the letter of the law. Your  hypocrisy is stinking, Professor.

09/15/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/29/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield, MA; 08/18/08, O2 London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL;

"If you're looking down on someone, it better be to extend them a hand to lift them up."

Brilliantati©
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 9,847
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:

You are putting too many words in my mouth.  The toehold comment (I wasn't clear so not really your fault) was about where it will end, not where or why it began.
    It is no witch hunt, even Hannity knows that!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 5,147
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:

You should read Team Muller’s Mandate. It’s far reaching and all encompassing. I guess only Hillary Clinton has to follow the letter of the law. Your  hypocrisy is stinking, Professor.

Oh I get that it is wide ranging but still appreciate your admission that you just want a hunt for a crime. If it was a cop on the street you would be disgusted by that type of approach but as long as the investigators are pointing at Trump then it’s game on! 

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 13,548
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:

what position is that exactly? Hmm? Far as I can tell his nly position is that the deal was bad for us and that Iran got away with murder as it were. other than that, I havent seen anything that suggests an actual belief about much of anything other than his own self-determined greatness.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 13,548
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:

link contains the letter making the appointment of Sp Pros. Look at section b and all 3 subsections......

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/05/17/us/politics/document-Robert-Mueller-Special-Counsel-Russia.html

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited January 7
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:

Oh I get that it is wide ranging but still appreciate your admission that you just want a hunt for a crime. If it was a cop on the street you would be disgusted by that type of approach but as long as the investigators are pointing at Trump then it’s game on! 

I believe Team Trump Treason colluded with Russia to ensure a victory over Hillary. Putin has been developing and grooming Trump for years. Team Mueller will lay it all out in legal filings and those charged will be offered an opportunity to defend themselves, unlike the repubes’ witch hunts of the past. Money laundering is but one charge. There will be others.

Brilliantati©
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 7,952
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:

Okay, so what precisely is he for and how does he accomplish it?  Because I haven't actually heard/seen a cogent strategy of how to rescind the JPOA, increase sanctions while not hurting the Iranian people.  Please detail how that will be accomplished.  
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 8,971
    GG obliterates Bill Maher!

“I used to spend a lot of time in this room...back when it was a shit hole and I was a shit head.”
    big·otˈbiɡət/ noun: a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.
    big·ot·ryˈbiɡətrē/ noun: intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

Brilliantati©