Options

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

Any fans of these guys? Been hooked on them for the last few months.

Comments

• Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,645
    been playing sketches of brunswick for the last week or so.  also have nonagon infinity.  need to check out their other albums from this year.
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,749
    edited November 2017
    Yes, for many years now
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    King Lizard and the Lizard Lizard
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    My buddy loves these guys. They have a few cool tunes but it all runs together after an album side.
  • Options
    Castle Face Records puts out some good stuff and these guys are one of them!
  • Options
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/howlinwolf/king-gizzard-andthe-lizard-wizard-polygondwanaland/posts/2057275

Guy over on the Steve Hoffman forums is outing this together. Thought there may be some interested parties here.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/howlinwolf/king-gizzard-andthe-lizard-wizard-polygondwanaland/posts/2057275

Guy over on the Steve Hoffman forums is outing this together. Thought there may be some interested parties here.
    THANK YOU for posting this!

Test pressing pledged here!
  • Options
    Never heard of them b4 your post. Just listened to a few songs. I’m really liking it. Where do I start? 
  • Options
    They’re giving Polygondwanaland and it’s my favorite thing I’ve heard from them. Quarters and Flying Microtonal Banana are both solid too. 
  • Options
    mans_amans_a Posts: 16
    Love them. Saw them on the Nanogon Infinity tour and they were great. They have restored my faith in rock music.
    14/09/2011 - Ottawa
    16/06/2014 - Amsterdam
    17/06/2014 - Amsterdam
    19/06/2018 - London
    25/06/2018 - Rome
    03/07/2018 - Krakow
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I find it interesting how much Americans love Aussie acts. Seems like you guys love some acts more than we do i.e. Courtney Barnett.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    I find it interesting how much Americans love Aussie acts. Seems like you guys love some acts more than we do i.e. Courtney Barnett.
    LOVE HER TOO, LOL.

I'm a big fan of anything that Castleface records puts out and this is one of those bands.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    I'm really sad i missed them when they were in atlanta a few months ago. I got into them right after the show. So much music... so much good music. 
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    Surprised i had to dive so deep to find this thread. Been jamming to these guys for a couple years straight now and they're constantly dropping new music. 

For anyone who hasn't checked them out and is confused where to start: https://i.redd.it/k7dy0fnnb9x81.jpg
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475

I picked up Nonagon Infinity on the advice of my cousin... man, that album is something else.. those guys are talented AF.

The vocals kill me though... some songs would be better w/ no vocals at all, IMO. Is that unique to that album, or reflective of their whole discography? 
  • Options

I picked up Nonagon Infinity on the advice of my cousin... man, that album is something else.. those guys are talented AF.

The vocals kill me though... some songs would be better w/ no vocals at all, IMO. Is that unique to that album, or reflective of their whole discography? 
    That's also the album that I was introduced to first. It's definitely rough around the edges compared to some of their others. Each album has a completely different music style, so the vocals change a lot. I don't think they're necessarily known for their vocals but I'd recommend checking out another album or two to see what you think. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475

That's also the album that I was introduced to first. It's definitely rough around the edges compared to some of their others. Each album has a completely different music style, so the vocals change a lot. I don't think they're necessarily known for their vocals but I'd recommend checking out another album or two to see what you think. 
    I think what kills me is that pretty much all the vocals on NI have an instrument shadowing their melody... it's fine for one or two songs, but gets old after a bit. 

Still in all, Robot Stop, Big Fig Wasp, Evil Death Roll, Road Train... all f'ing awesome songs. The discography is overwhelming, it's so expansive, but I definitely want to check out more,. 
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,111
    This band is crazy! My son and I have started going through their catalog and they are pretty cool. Read the reviews on Allmusic.com to see how they force themselves into musical challenges for each album.

Haven’t seen them live yet, but I see they are doing 4 days at The Caverns in Tennessee. That is a really cool place to see a show. It’s underground!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    this band is fantastic. I got into them thanks to a couple of friends & I'm glad they introduced me to them.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,968
    A few years ago I was part of that kickstarter group that funded Polygonwanaland.  Interesting there is no mention of this on their wiki page.

Anywho I have like 4 different versions of this album and a test press being one of them.

Fun band, go see them.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    @mfc2006 stuck a song on our shared Spotify playlist and I DIG IT! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
  • Options
    @mfc2006 stuck a song on our shared Spotify playlist and I DIG IT! 
    Glad you like it, man! 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    New album out today! Going the metal route on this one. Just got to see them play two nights in Chicago and it was incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpUKO-WKaqo
  • Options
    New album out today! Going the metal route on this one. Just got to see them play two nights in Chicago and it was incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpUKO-WKaqo
    Haven't listened yet - trying to wait for the LP
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,111
    Just listened today! If you love Infest the Rat’s Nest, you’ll love this. I enjoyed it, but it paints a dark story!