BERLIN PRE-PARTY 2018

w8scmaw8scma Berlin Posts: 49
edited July 2018 in The Porch

Hi, my name is Steff. I’m the singer of the Berlin-based band Box of Chocolates AND a die-hard Pearl Jam fan. 
My bandmate Loupoe and I organize a pre-party for the Berlin PJ concert in July to ease the waiting for our favorite band with a little live gig the night before. The idea is to provide an opportunity for international fans to connect with other fans, grab a beer and listen/dance/sing to some Pearl Jam played live. I’ve been to similar pre-parties at PJ concerts in other cities before, and I’ve been waiting for this opportunity to give something back to the community.

We rented the Baumhausbar („Treehouse bar“) Berlin (Green Room)!
Address: Falckensteinstr. 48, 10997 Berlin (U-Bahn Schlesisches Tor)

This is a cool and cozy spot right in the middle of Berlin nightlife. The Baumhausbar is located at the top of the club Musik&Frieden („music and peace“), the former famous indie-rock Magnet Club. Sipping your beer, you’ll have a great view on Kreuzberg by night, you can even see the river Spree which is right around the corner. 

DATE & TIME
The pre-party will take place on July 4th, 2018, the night before the concert. Doors to the bar will open at 7 PM. We’ll start the concert at 8 PM sharp because in the building there is a strict live sound curfew at 10 PM. But you can stay on after the concert as long as you wish.

The concert room is limited to 130 (standing) guests. Since we have no idea how many people will show up: ARRIVE EARLY TO MAKE SURE YOU GET IN. If it gets crowded: There are additional seats available at the adjacent bar. There's a glass wall between the two rooms and we can leave the door open so that people sitting in the bar can listen to the concert as well. 

MUSIC
Since we're not a Pearl Jam cover band, we will play a mix of Pearl Jam cover songs and some of our own PJ-inspired songs. It'll be me and Loupoe on stage. The wonderful pianist Robert Semmler will join us for a couple of songs as our special guest for the evening.
DISCLAIMER: Although I would love to sound like Eddie, my female soprano voice couldn't be further off. ... So, expect something different!  :o 

FREE ADMISSION
We want this event to be free of charge for all Pearl Jam fans. If you show up with a Pearl Jam T-Shirt (Ramones or Soundgarden will equally be accepted ;), you’ll get in for free. Otherwise, the cover charge will be 5 Euro. If you’re a Pearl Jam fan but for whatever reasons don’t have a Pearl Jam shirt (shirt got ripped in Krakow, you’re running out of clean shirts and want to save the last one for Waldbühne, etc.) THEN you can also get in for free if you know the code word: It's "IN MY TREE"  :D:D:D

DONATIONS
Obviously, this event costs some money to organize (rent, security, insurance, etc.) There will be a box for donations, and if you’re able to spare some Euros, we’d be grateful. Any donations exceeding our costs will be donated to Wishlist Foundation.

DINING
If you’re hungry, there are a million options for all kinds of inexpensive but great food within walking distance
Check out this websites with 10 tips for restaurants close-by the venue:
https://theculturetrip.com/europe/germany/articles/top-10-restaurants-in-schlesisches-tor/
Disclaimer: "The Rootz" mentioned in the article is closed!

OTHER STUFF TO DO
There’s lots of other things to explore: 
The famous Ramones museum, that Eddie tends to visit when he’s in Berlin, is right around the corner: https://www.ramonesmuseum.com
You can take a romantic night walk at the river Spree.
If you’re up for more nightlife after the concert you can either stay in the area or you can cross the Oberbaumbrücke (the bridge that Lola passes in the famous German movie „Run Lola Run“) and take a dive into Berlin Friedrichshain

INTERESTED?
We’ve set-up a facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/246084769263242/
We will communicate all updates concerning location etc. in this thread as well as on the facebook event page.

Please use this thread also if you have any questions concerning your stay in Berlin. We’re happy to help out with any insider knowledge we might have.
Loupoe and I would be thrilled to welcome you in our hometown and we’re fiercely determined to give you guys a great time in Berlin!

Hope to see you soon!
Steff

Prague 2000. Berlin 2006. Berlin 2007. Berlin 2009. Berlin 2010. Philadelphia 2012. Chicago 2013 (Wrigley). Milan 2014. Trieste 2014. Berlin 2014. New York 2016 (MSG). Berlin 2017 (Eddie Vedder Solo). Padova 2018. Rome 2018. Berlin 2018. Berlin 2019 (Eddie Vedder Solo).
Post edited by w8scma on

Comments

• Hello, I'm interested, depending on travel arrangements from Krakow.x 
  • w8scmaw8scma Berlin Posts: 49
    Cool! We'll keep you posted!  :)
    Prague 2000. Berlin 2006. Berlin 2007. Berlin 2009. Berlin 2010. Philadelphia 2012. Chicago 2013 (Wrigley). Milan 2014. Trieste 2014. Berlin 2014. New York 2016 (MSG). Berlin 2017 (Eddie Vedder Solo). Padova 2018. Rome 2018. Berlin 2018. Berlin 2019 (Eddie Vedder Solo).
  • RideTheWave93RideTheWave93 UK Posts: 210
    Hello, I'm interested, depending on travel arrangements from Krakow.x 
    Likewise, depends if we can get in from Krakow in time. But would definitely be interested. 
    Likewise, depends if we can get in from Krakow in time. But would definitely be interested. 
    Are you guys planning on coming in from Krakow on July 4?
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    w8scma said:
    Lot of people traveling that day..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • I'm.not yet sure if I'll be travelling on the 4th from Krakow, or overnight on 4th. I guess alot of us will be doing the same 
    Yeah, I figured! It's not so easy to get from Krakow to Berlin... :s
    Bus: e.g. Flixbus 8-9 hours (about 20 Euro)
    Train: Deutsche Bahn about 8 hours 
    Flight: There seems to be an early inexpensive LOT flight via Warsaw that might make sense, or a Lufthansa via Munich (expensive!). But check out upcoming Easy Jet offers. They just announced that they want to start operations at Berlin Tegel airport soon, now that our local airline Airberlin went bankrupt. 
  • RideTheWave93RideTheWave93 UK Posts: 210
    w8scma said:
    Flight: There seems to be an early inexpensive LOT flight via Warsaw that might make sense, or a Lufthansa via Munich (expensive!). But check out upcoming Easy Jet offers. They just announced that they want to start operations at Berlin Tegel airport soon, now that our local airline Airberlin went bankrupt. 
    Thanks, I'll look into this. 
    w8scma said:
    That's the idea, set off first thing the following morning after the Krakow show, and get into Berlin early as we can hopefully!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    w8scma said:
    Are you saying there may be more flights popping up? Also thanks for the heads up on the Warsaw flight. I see it is 114 Euros rights now. Is that the price you see as well? I was using Goeuro.
    PJNB said:
    w8scma said:
    Are you saying there may be more flights popping up? Also thanks for the heads up on the Warsaw flight. I see it is 114 Euros rights now. Is that the price you see as well? I was using Goeuro.
    I see a LOT flight from Krakau at 5:50 am via Warsaw for 122 Euro, seems to be the one that you have. Probably a good price.
    Concerning Easy Jet: They have not yet published their summer flight plan, but have announced that they will add flights from Berlin Tegel. Since Krakau is also on their list of airports, there might be a chance for additional flights. But this is all I know: 
    http://www.easyjet.com/de/tegel (German)
    You might also check-out Eurowings via Dusseldorf (arrival 6:05 pm).
  • Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    edited January 2018

Hello, I'm interested, depending on travel arrangements from Italy

Post edited by Cosimo82 on
  • Bine75Bine75 Germany Posts: 77
    Hi, I'm interested!
    Ciao, Cosimo! Hallo Bine! Welcome aboard  :)
  • Bine75Bine75 Germany Posts: 77
    Danke
  • Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
     :) 
  • alesekalesek Posts: 809
    Yeah a lot of people will be travelling on that day. There are 100 of us on two buses already. Should arrive around 6pm in Berlin on the 4th...
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
    alesek said:
    Yeah a lot of people will be travelling on that day. There are 100 of us on two buses already. Should arrive around 6pm in Berlin on the 4th...
    Well, that sounds just perfect. You guys arrive around 6pm, totally relaxed from a day of sleeping in the bus  :D
    You drop off your luggage at your hotels and then join us at the venue. We're looking for a nice central location preferably with food. And once everybody has finished their Bratwurst and Schnitzels and Kartoffelsalat, we start the concert.  
    Then more after show drinking. And at around 12pm, we leave for the real Berlin nightlife... Sounds like a plan? =)=)=) 
  • kermie13kermie13 Berlin Posts: 49
    w8scma said:
    Hi, my name is Steff. I’m the singer of the Berlin-based band Box of Chocolates AND a die-hard Pearl Jam fan. 

My bandmate Loupoe and I would like to organize a pre-party for the Berlin PJ concert in July to ease the waiting for our favorite band with a little live gig the night before. The idea is to provide an opportunity for international fans to connect with other fans, grab a beer and listen/dance/sing to some Pearl Jam played live. I’ve been to similar pre-parties at PJ concerts in other cities before, and I’ve been waiting for this opportunity to give something back to the community.

DETAILS
    • The pre-party will take place on July 4th, 2018, the night before the concert. 
    • We are right now looking for a cool spot (music pub or club) in a central location so that you can easily get there, and after the party get to know more of Berlin’s vibrant nightlife. 
    • We will prepare a mix of Pearl Jam cover songs and some of our own PJ-inspired songs.
    • Depending on the conditions of the location, there might be a small cover charge, but we’ll try to keep it at max. 5 Euro. Maybe with a reduction for everyone wearing PJ gear :-)

INTERESTED?
    We’ve set-up a facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/246084769263242/
    If you know that you will be in town on July 4th and are generally interested in going to the pre-party (no commitment, just basic interest), it would be great if you could click „Interested“ on the facebook event page. This would help us tremendously to get a rough estimate of the number of people who might attend to find a matching location. 
    If you’re not on facebook, you can also indicate your interest here in this thread.
    We will communicate all updates concerning location etc. in this thread as well as on the facebook event page.

Please use this thread also if you have any questions concerning your stay in Berlin. We’re happy to help out with any insider knowledge we might have.
    Loupoe and I would be thrilled to welcome you in our hometown and we’re fiercely determined to give you guys a great time in Berlin!

Hope to see you soon!
    Steff
    Hi Steff. tolle Idee!!!

Fellow Berliner und PJ- Fan.

About the location...i was thinking CLASH: https://clash-berlin.de
    I dont know what do you think? Too punk?  Or Junction Bar? http://www.junction-bar.de

I am not on Facebook so will check this thread for updates.

Kristin
  • PearlJammerAUPearlJammerAU Melbourne, Australia Posts: 28
    Travelling on my own from Australia, so am definitely keen on this!
    Sounds like a great night. Count me in!
    Flying out from Melbourne, Australia, for PJ Europe 2018!
  • The Berlin venue looks amazing! I wonder how easy it will be to get close to the rail.....
    kermie13 said:
    w8scma said:

My bandmate Loupoe and I would like to organize a pre-party for the Berlin PJ concert in July to ease the waiting for our favorite band with a little live gig the night before. The idea is to provide an opportunity for international fans to connect with other fans, grab a beer and listen/dance/sing to some Pearl Jam played live. I’ve been to similar pre-parties at PJ concerts in other cities before, and I’ve been waiting for this opportunity to give something back to the community.

DETAILS
    • The pre-party will take place on July 4th, 2018, the night before the concert. 
    • We are right now looking for a cool spot (music pub or club) in a central location so that you can easily get there, and after the party get to know more of Berlin’s vibrant nightlife. 
    • We will prepare a mix of Pearl Jam cover songs and some of our own PJ-inspired songs.
    • Depending on the conditions of the location, there might be a small cover charge, but we’ll try to keep it at max. 5 Euro. Maybe with a reduction for everyone wearing PJ gear :-)

INTERESTED?
    If you know that you will be in town on July 4th and are generally interested in going to the pre-party (no commitment, just basic interest), it would be great if you could click „Interested“ on the facebook event page. This would help us tremendously to get a rough estimate of the number of people who might attend to find a matching location. 
    If you’re not on facebook, you can also indicate your interest here in this thread.

Hope to see you soon!
    Steff
    Hi Steff. tolle Idee!!!

I dont know what do you think? Too punk?  Or Junction Bar? http://www.junction-bar.de

Kristin
    Hi Kristin! We're looking for a location where people can also grab a bite to eat. CLASH is a great idea. I will check it out ( We already spoke to Rickenbacker's and Yorckschlösschen. They liked the idea but had already a gig scheduled on July 4. I also wanna check Golgatha. That might be nice in the summer. If all else fails, we can rent a small club with a bar, there are so many... We would just have to give up on the food, then. Anyway, we'll find something! Freue mich, Dich kennenzulernen  :)

Travelling on my own from Australia, so am definitely keen on this!
    Sounds like a great night. Count me in!
    Wonderful! Can't believe you're coming here all the way from Australia! But then again: My husband and I were seriously thinking about flying to a Brazil concert  B)

The Berlin venue looks amazing! I wonder how easy it will be to get close to the rail.....
    Yes, definitely! The Waldbühne is said to be one of the most beautiful open-air locations in Germany. It's much bigger than Wuhlheide (where PJ used to play in the past when they came to Berlin).
  • larisalarisa Posts: 11
    Hey, cool...I´ll be there :) Please keep me updated...no facebook B)Freue mich =)
  • nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    Berlin pre-party is always a good time. I still remember the party at the YAAM in 2012.
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• JzPJzP Posts: 931
    I will be at the show and depending whats up with the folks I'm with, we'll probably be there.

~JzP
  • JzPJzP Posts: 931
    I'll be with CrazyMartin!
    ~JzP
    w8scma said:
    kermie13 said:
    w8scma said:

DETAILS

INTERESTED?

Hope to see you soon!
    Steff
    Hi Steff. tolle Idee!!!

Kristin
    Hi Kristin! We're looking for a location where people can also grab a bite to eat. CLASH is a great idea. I will check it out ( We already spoke to Rickenbacker's and Yorckschlösschen. They liked the idea but had already a gig scheduled on July 4. I also wanna check Golgatha. That might be nice in the summer. If all else fails, we can rent a small club with a bar, there are so many... We would just have to give up on the food, then. Anyway, we'll find something! Freue mich, Dich kennenzulernen  :)
    Freue mich auch!!!

None of my friends like Pearl Jam or most just know them because of my obsession hahaha
    Luckily I have a lovely colleague at the museum where I work, he is great fun and a Jammer!
    PS: Rickenbackers- totally forgot. great place! 
    I live in the Mehringdamm area, Golgatha is perfect in the summer but we have to keep in mind that the FOOTBALL WORLD CUP is on  =)
    most likely Germany is going to play on the 2nd/ 3rd July, but they might screen other games too. 
  • dreamcodedreamcode Posts: 165
    I guess my friend and I are interested. Not sure though which day we arrive from Denmark yet. 
    And he still gives his love,
    he just gives it away...