St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ That’s pretty damn cool! 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    bbiggs said:

try to ignore my wife’s miller lite bottle caps.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    bbiggs said:

try to ignore my wife’s miller lite bottle caps.
    Miller lite was my first beer and the one I’ve probably consumed the most of.  No judging here...nothing wrong with a good ol Miller lite my friend 
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Tried a Flying Dog Raging Bitch this weekend. Not a fan and left my mouth feeling dry.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    JK_Livin said:
    Tried a Flying Dog Raging Bitch this weekend. Not a fan and left my mouth feeling dry.
    I'm not a fan of Flying Dog.
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    First drink to kick off New Years. One of my favs!

founders is some great beer!  cheers bud! hopefully we can get a drink at wrigley this year!

For sure my man!  Looking forward to it.  Cheers!  Here’s another I’m trying for the first time. A local brew. Real good! 

Nice!  I was just at Noon Whistle on Saturday.  They have some really good beers over there.  Gummy Buddy is awesome....had a couple of those last night.
    I’m heading to noon whistle this Saturday. Any suggestions aside from the gummy buddy? I was looking at the stout aged in Old Forester barrels too...looks tasty. 
  • JK_Livin said:
    Really?  I liked it.  Hadn't had it in years so maybe they changed it?

Speaking of change.  

Has anyone tried, drank, like Blue Point brewery's Hoptical Illusion?

FANTASTIC IPA!!!

Since Inbev bought them they changed the label and the taste of the beer and now it sucks...

Story goes that the top brewer for Inbev went to visit the BP brewery and noticed that they were doing it wrong.  The Inbev guy has a degree in brewing and is a master brewer and showed the people at Blue Point how it's supposed to be done.

Well now the beer is undrinkable...  Idiot.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    First drink to kick off New Years. One of my favs!

founders is some great beer!  cheers bud! hopefully we can get a drink at wrigley this year!

For sure my man!  Looking forward to it.  Cheers!  Here’s another I’m trying for the first time. A local brew. Real good! 

Nice!  I was just at Noon Whistle on Saturday.  They have some really good beers over there.  Gummy Buddy is awesome....had a couple of those last night.
    I’m heading to noon whistle this Saturday. Any suggestions aside from the gummy buddy? I was looking at the stout aged in Old Forester barrels too...looks tasty. 

Any of the other Gummy beers that they have are good.  I know those ones are always changing and I haven't had a bad one yet.  The M-Punk Red ale was good too.  Don't think they had that barrel aged stout when I was there, but that sounds damn good!
    ^ Thanks for the suggestions bud! Looking forward to going and will report back here on any good finds I come up with. 
  • Wobbie said:
    my 12 dolla “craft” project:

I do this with concert tickets!

I see a Squatters in there!  Great beer!!!

My cousin asked a few of us to save our bottle caps because she wanted to make a bar.  I gave her all my caps from the different beers I drank and now they have a beautiful backslash and counter for their outside bar.
    JK_Livin said:

Speaking of change.  

FANTASTIC IPA!!!

Since Inbev bought them they changed the label and the taste of the beer and now it sucks...

Story goes that the top brewer for Inbev went to visit the BP brewery and noticed that they were doing it wrong.  The Inbev guy has a degree in brewing and is a master brewer and showed the people at Blue Point how it's supposed to be done.

Flying Dog is getting better, but I still don't like many of their beers.  I think I've only ever had two or three that I was fond of.  There's a guy from town here that started a hops farm, Organarchy Hops, a couple years back, and he is now Flying Dog's exclusive hops supplier. It's only been since then that I've been more open to trying their beers.  The dude's a bit of a dickhead, but he has money and he's trying to make some things happen around here.  He currently has plans to open a brewery in town, Dig Deep Brewing, in one of the old buildings that's being restored.
  • JK_Livin said:

Speaking of change.  

FANTASTIC IPA!!!

Flying Dog is getting better, but I still don't like many of their beers.  I think I've only ever had two or three that I was fond of.  There's a guy from town here that started a hops farm, Organarchy Hops, a couple years back, and he is now Flying Dog's exclusive hops supplier. It's only been since then that I've been more open to trying their beers.  The dude's a bit of a dickhead, but he has money and he's trying to make some things happen around here.  He currently has plans to open a brewery in town, Dig Deep Brewing, in one of the old buildings that's being restored.
    If I had property in NY upstate I would grow hops.  I really would.  The beer market is only going to get bigger.
    Wobbie said:
    my 12 dolla “craft” project:

I put all my caps that aren't bent into an empty pretzel tub. I like that.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Some friends got me a 750ml of Delerium Tremens for checking on their house last week while they were out of town.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Russian River Shadow of a Doubt Imperial Porter.

This one was aged a little over a year.

#FHP
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Anyone had this?
    Would try it just because of the name.....

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Yeah, it's from Four Father's in Valparaiso, Indiana. A really small brewery, but a pretty good operation so far. My girlfriend really enjoys this one.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Delicious local IPA. 

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Drinking  Bell's Two Hearted Ale and Hopslam!  Yummy!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    Drinking  Bell's Two Hearted Ale and Hopslam!  Yummy!
    Just finished a couple Bells Two Hearted Ales...agreed...delicious! 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,709
    Beer of the Day yesterday was the Victory HopDevil...after not liking the Golden Monkey much at all this was awesome....love the hoppy goodness...god I hope Victory brings their stuff to Mizzip just so I can indulge in this one at will.

My store has growler fills of Rogue Mom Hefeweizen and Lazy Magnolia Southern Hops'pitality which i'll be picking up tomorrow. Hopefully the newest edition of the Yazoo Hop Project (#65) will arrive today as well

Victory is a great brewery. You should try Hop Wallop too. I also love their pilsner and Golden Monkey (but I can see how others wouldn't).
    having a golden monkey now.  that has a serious kick to it. 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Tried the Noon Whistle dubbel giggity barrel aged stout today. Aged in Old Forrester barrells.  It was pretty good. Strong bourbon flavor. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,709
    Beer of the Day yesterday was the Victory HopDevil...after not liking the Golden Monkey much at all this was awesome....love the hoppy goodness...god I hope Victory brings their stuff to Mizzip just so I can indulge in this one at will.

My store has growler fills of Rogue Mom Hefeweizen and Lazy Magnolia Southern Hops'pitality which i'll be picking up tomorrow. Hopefully the newest edition of the Yazoo Hop Project (#65) will arrive today as well

Victory is a great brewery. You should try Hop Wallop too. I also love their pilsner and Golden Monkey (but I can see how others wouldn't).
    having a golden monkey now.  that has a serious kick to it. 
    didn't really care for it too much.  Least my stomach didn't. :neutral:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Had this delicious 25oz beverage tailgating for the Eagles on Saturday. I highly recommend it.
    Image result for 25 oz natural light
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin said:
    Had this delicious 25oz beverage tailgating for the Eagles on Saturday. I highly recommend it.
    I've been transported back to my late teens again...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    JK_Livin said:
    this was my college beer.  fucking so nasty but so good.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    That is some nasty shite  right there
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    edited January 2018
    What about Ice House???  That shit use to give me some wicked hangovers!

Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit