******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

You know what you’ve got to do, Doug. Do it. Do it.

http://www.philly.com/archive/zach_berman/eagles-doug-pederson-nick-foles-nfc-nfl-playoffs-20180102.html

After the regular season concluded, Eagles coach Doug Pederson identified what he thought must be the team’s formula for postseason success: “Play great defense and be able to run the football

chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I learned back in the 2002 season to never root to play a certain opponent. Blah Blah Bay has never lost a game under 38 degrees.............. How'd that work out for us. If the Falcons beat the Rams then the Falcons will have had to play and beat a pretty good team. We play who we play and let the chips fall.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Speaking pass run ratios:

After getting an 18 point lead and losing Kelce, Andy reverted back his old self and ran it 5 times in the final THREE quarters. His running back lead the league in rushing this year.

Second time since leaving here he’s blown a huge playoff lead in the same exact way. 

Easy money with the Titans tonight. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I parlayed the Titans but played Chiefs as a single.  Shit.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bring on the Falcons!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    bring on the Falcons!
    Best outcome for the Eagles....they are 3 point favorites though
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    bring on the Falcons!
    Interesting - so if this game's in Atlanta they're a 6 point dog.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    bring on the Falcons!
    You're crazy. Rams would have been a much better match up. Rookie coach, 2nd year QB. Shaky defense. Falcons offense had a rough year losing shannahan but that's a good defense and experience team. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Rams would have been NFC Championship.  They would have played the Saints had the Falcons lost.
    I agree that the Rams would have been better but also that the Falcons are a better matchup for the Birds than the Saints.
    What could have been....instead hoping that Asswipe Schwartz's defense can carry the day(s). 

Almost pulled the trigger on some sweet seats this morning...want to see if the forecast changes as we get closer.  No way am I shelling out a grand on tickets to sit in the cold rain. 
    bring on the Falcons!
    You're crazy. Rams would have been a much better match up. Rookie coach, 2nd year QB. Shaky defense. Falcons offense had a rough year losing shannahan but that's a good defense and experience team. 
    As the 2 seed, it would have been impossible to play the Rams next week.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Go birds.  11:30 arrival time for me this Saturday.  Andy, Andy, Andy...

Cox has to dominate. 
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited January 2018
    ^ Nice. Hoping to get there round noon myself. 45 and rain is the latest I've seen. Dome team on the road--I want the shittiest weather possible.

Here's how they can win:

Tempo---go up tempo to try and get Foles in a groove
    RunRunRun---Give it to Ajayi 20+ times
    Turnovers--force 2+ turnovers

= fighting chance 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2018
    ^^
    Also to add - Ryan's a statue, gotta gotta gottaaaa get to the QB. 

And I know everyone wants to run the ball down Atlanta's throats, but that means the left side of the line has to step up. Wisniewski is back right (even though Warmack has been playing better)? That also means they're playing ahead on the scoreboard. If they're down by ~10 points by the half then it makes it a lot harder to run.

So they better not defer in the 1st half. They better hope they can get up early, shut down Freeman/Coleman, put Ryan's head in the dirt, and Birds' O-line gets a push.

So, yeah, just do all of that.

Gonna be a long week.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    Best chance is Schwartz vs Sark.  Sark will overthink things and try to get fancy a bunch of times when it is not needed.  These will kill many drives if they can be stopped for losses as they should be.

45 and rain = I watch from my couch.  Mrs FMe's team, not mine.  (I am sure I will give in and buy her tickets if she wants to go anyway but I fucking hate 45 and rain.  25 and snow is much better to be outside in.) 
    45 and rain is probably a gooch on the Falcons, though, you are right in calling for that.
    JK_Livin said:
    Go birds.  11:30 arrival time for me this Saturday.  Andy, Andy, Andy...

Cox has to dominate. 

What lot do you normally park in? I was wanting to get there around noon but my buddy and the guys we tailgate with are wanting to get there around 10 because they think lots will be full shortly after.

I haven't done anything but 1pm games for a few years now. Can't hang like I used to. You think they will be full by noon?

chinese-happy.jpg
    Normally the Holiday Inn lot. Traffic and the lots tend to be different for the later games.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Fuck it, rain is gonna be done in the AM and then it gets colder.  Bought some Tork Club level seats for a decent price. 
    Going to train in or Uber in before the game and then squat for an hour in the club after the game before taking the Orange back to Center City and hopefully partying there for the night.  If the results are not good she may not be up for the last part of the plan.

You guys just throw a grill down and pop a keg or something?  Or do you go all nutters like some of the folks with the RVs, big screens, and sound systems?
    Ohhhhh Birds game in London. I think I'm gonna have to make this work.
    The high of 47 Sat will be at 7am, down to 35 by 11am.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    I think you mean sixers.

also for those going to the game on Saturday don’t forget the killers are playing at Wells Fargo center so the parking lot is going to be cray cray.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    I think you mean sixers.

also for those going to the game on Saturday don’t forget the killers are playing at Wells Fargo center so the parking lot is going to be cray cray.
    Eagles are playing the Jags in London next year
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    I think you mean sixers.

On the exit, I guess, but the concert is at 8. 
    Fuck it, rain is gonna be done in the AM and then it gets colder.  Bought some Tork Club level seats for a decent price. 
    Going to train in or Uber in before the game and then squat for an hour in the club after the game before taking the Orange back to Center City and hopefully partying there for the night.  If the results are not good she may not be up for the last part of the plan.

You guys just throw a grill down and pop a keg or something?  Or do you go all nutters like some of the folks with the RVs, big screens, and sound systems?

I generally float between a couple tailgates. My regular one consists of a grill, beers, corn hole, and a make shift porta-potty tent thing (which is a genius idea, by the way).

Then I have work friends on the other side of the same lot and they are with a group that has a couple huge rv's and tv's, music, and tons of different food spreads and booze. Usually had over there after I get tired of the other one.

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2018

Unless you are going to the game, this blows. I despise the early London games.

NFL needs to stop doing this stuff. Go back to the way it was. Stop the Thursday games too. Just go back Sundays in the continental United States and Monday Night Football. That's all you need. They've overexposed themselves and that's the primary reason ratings are down a little bit....not because less than 1% of their players kneel for 50 seconds during a song.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg

Unless you are going to the game, this blows. I despise the early London games.

NFL needs to stop doing this stuff. Go back to the way it was. Stop the Thursday games too. Just go back Sundays in the continental United States and Monday Night Football. That's all you need. They've overexposed themselves and that's the primary reason ratings are down a little bit....not because less than 1% of their players kneel for 50 seconds during a song.

Guhhhhh....yeah, I'm talking about it not blowing in relation to going to that game. Which would not blow.
    And to add to that - I wish I lived on the west coast. I would looooooove 10am kickoffs and having my Sunday football day done by 8:30/9.
    And to add to that - I wish I lived on the west coast. I would looooooove 10am kickoffs and having my Sunday football day done by 8:30/9.
    Easier said than done.  I lived in LA area between ages 18 and 38.  For 20 years I had that -- cannot tell you how tough it was when you crashed at 6 AM to get up and make it to the bar by 10.  Holy shit.  The later years it was OK as I was only staying out until 1 or 2 AM. 
    By the 3rd game we would be so fucking drunk.

Good times.

It is great for baseball and hockey -- you can get happy hour drinks and watch east coast games and roll into west games.

I generally float between a couple tailgates. My regular one consists of a grill, beers, corn hole, and a make shift porta-potty tent thing (which is a genius idea, by the way).

Then I have work friends on the other side of the same lot and they are with a group that has a couple huge rv's and tv's, music, and tons of different food spreads and booze. Usually had over there after I get tired of the other one.

Some of them looked pretty cool.
    I got a screen thing-y for my back yard so when the kids and their friends are using the pool they can piss behind it.  I dont want them pissing in the pool nor making my cherry wood floors in the den bathroom that they use closest to the pool all fucked up.
    At night I dont even both to go to the screen, I just piss on the grass.  Most people have seen a penis by the time they grow to adulthood.  If you don't like it (please) stay outta my pool and hot tub when I'm drinking!
    Easier said than done.  I lived in LA area between ages 18 and 38.  For 20 years I had that -- cannot tell you how tough it was when you crashed at 6 AM to get up and make it to the bar by 10.  Holy shit.  The later years it was OK as I was only staying out until 1 or 2 AM. 
    By the 3rd game we would be so fucking drunk.

Good times.

It is great for baseball and hockey -- you can get happy hour drinks and watch east coast games and roll into west games.

Yeah, I'm not 25. There's no better pastime at this point in my life than to be inebriated before the sun has set.
    Hahaha.  Agree, although my wife would frown at that.  Adopting one kid and having another changed that....used to be she didn't care if I passed out at 6pm.