What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited January 2018
    The Killing of a Sacred Deer(2017)
    What a bat shit crazy movie and it was fantastic. A top ten for me of the year.
    Colin Farrell and Nicole Kidman were both excellent as is the young actor who plays Martin.
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Four Christmases (2008)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Forest Gump. The first time I've seen it this year. And I'm sure I'll watch it another 10 times before the year is over. That along with the godfather 1 and 2, good fellas, and the hurt locker I can never turn off when I see it's on tv.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    The Deer Hunter
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    I, Tonya.  It was okay.  Kind of chewing the scenery big.  But entertaining.  
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJ_Soul said:
    mother!

At the end of the day I think I liked it (FWIW, I watched it high - probably makes a difference, lol). It is a fucking weird movie though, and it slowly escalates towards being fairly horrific and stressful. I found the statement it makes about the process and impact of creativity quite interesting - it's a metaphorical film.
    Just saw this. Liked it a lot. Tons going on especially in that third insane act.
    Several different messages can be taken out of this movie.
    I must say too that J. Lawrence was fantastic in this. I do think she is overrated a bit as a whole, but she deserves to be credited here.
    Yeah, she was really good. I think she's pretty much always really good though, not overrated.
    The more I think about this movie the more I like it.... it certainly surpassed my expectations. I saw a couple of bad reviews on it. Now I know that the critics who wrote them are just kind of dumb.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited January 2018
    Enkidu said:
    I, Tonya.  It was okay.  Kind of chewing the scenery big.  But entertaining.  
    It was extremely entertaining. Much better than I expected, and I think it's because of the format. They managed to make it kind of a comedy without being offensive about it, lol. I mean, I guess they didn't have to try too hard for it to be funny in a way - the real story is just so ludicrous, even while Tonya's life story is tragic. It reminded me a little bit of This is Spinal Tap, actually, just because of its kind of quirky, fake documentary style.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    edited January 2018
    Deadpool.
    Funnier than I expected
    Post edited by Longueuil on
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    2001: A Space Odyssey and A Clockwork Orange. What I believe to be the greatest film of all-time followed by my favorite film of all-time. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    RiotZact said:
    2001: A Space Odyssey and A Clockwork Orange. What I believe to be the greatest film of all-time followed by my favorite film of all-time. 

Have you seen Hope Floats?
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    RiotZact said:

Have you seen Hope Floats?
    I don’t think I have, why do you ask?
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    The Last Jedi
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    The Simpsons Movie (2007)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    The last jedi
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Pap said:
    Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas (1999)
    I watched Walt before Disney and that's led to watching some of the original Mickey Mouse, I've laughed a lot!  
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Brawl In Cell Block 99
    Wow just wow
    Vince Vaughn like you've never seen before 
    And hopefully never again 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Brawl In Cell Block 99
    Wow just wow
    Is Vince Vaughn even active right now? The last thing I saw him in was True Detective a few years ago and he was horrid. Some of the worst dialogue and delivery ever. It was brutal.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Goodfellas
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Goodfellas
    Now why don't you go home and get your shine box.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Taxi Driver
    In Time - Cillian Murphy :heart:
    edited January 2018
    A Cure for Wellness (2017)
    Another strange yet beautifully shot film.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    The Big Lebowski, man. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    tbergs said:
    Brawl In Cell Block 99
    Wow just wow
    Is Vince Vaughn even active right now? The last thing I saw him in was True Detective a few years ago and he was horrid. Some of the worst dialogue and delivery ever. It was brutal.
    He's  definitely active. Cell Block 99 being an impressive yet scary addition to his resume.
    Creep 2 (2017)
    Solid sequel to the original.
  • Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    dankind said:
    The Big Lebowski, man. 
    +1 ))
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Father Figures -  lame
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Chuck
    Good acting but I turned it off once Rocky came out and he started making an ass out of himself.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    tbergs said:
    Brawl In Cell Block 99
    Wow just wow
    He's  definitely active. Cell Block 99 being an impressive yet scary addition to his resume.
    I think he does best by far playing creepy roles. I don't know wtf he ever did comedy for - he's not really suited to it IMO.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    Brawl In Cell Block 99
    Wow just wow
    I think he does best by far playing creepy roles. I don't know wtf he ever did comedy for - he's not really suited to it IMO.
    Double Down Trent, not suited for comedy!  :)
    Old School?!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved