Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

As I mentioned earlier just need an Australian Tour Rumour ;)

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PJNB said:
    With the rumours of Fenway being the Aug 31st weekend that would force the Philly shows (if true ) to farther in the week for set up time. If Boston is Friday/Sunday then Philly would have to be Thursday/Saturday I would guess since unless the field crew are ok with a game the day after a concert which would allow Friday/Sunday then. 

Sounds good to me
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    PJNB said:
    With the rumours of Fenway being the Aug 31st weekend that would force the Philly shows (if true ) to farther in the week for set up time. If Boston is Friday/Sunday then Philly would have to be Thursday/Saturday I would guess since unless the field crew are ok with a game the day after a concert which would allow Friday/Sunday then. 

Sounds good to me
    But will there be a Proper US tour after these supposedly Ballpark Shows?
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    whats up bitches!!!??
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,389
    whats up bitches!!!??
    A lot is up... now we need to know what’s going down! 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    whats up bitches!!!??
    You reckon we'll hear of a Tour announcement anytime soon?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    whats up bitches!!!??
    The lack of hints from Dimi has me thinking we are farther off from an announcement then most are hoping for... 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    PJNB said:
    whats up bitches!!!??
    The lack of hints from Dimi has me thinking we are farther off from an announcement then most are hoping for... 
    or the opposite? 
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    3days said:
    CopperTom said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    interesting (take it with a grain of salt):

Kevin Connaughton commented on Alternative Nation’s Facebook yesterday, “They will be at Citizens Bank Park in Philly in September 2018 per my source at Live Nation.”

When we pressed him, he elaborated, “I did hear two nights at Citizens Bank Park in early September will happen. Family friend works for Live Nation (and also a huge PJ fan) and confirmed this. Phillies out of town on road trip from 9/3-9/9.”

https://www.alternativenation.net/pearl-jam-rumored-do-something-incredible-philadelphia/

Neither Live Nation nor Ticketmaster would handle those tickets.  Aren't all tickets at the Sports Complex through ComcastTix?
    That means nothing. Because Live Nation/TM are such a monopoly, they often handle aspects of a venue unrelated to ticket sales (merch, security, concessions, local setup... etc). I think in 2016, TM was actually advertising the Wrigley show on their website, even though the tickets were sold elsewhere. It could also be insider info, regardless of Live Nation having anything to do with it.  
    Comcastix doesn't handle the Phillies. When I got Billy Joel or Paul McCartney tickets door citizens bank ball park it was thru ticketmaster. 
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    timdwilli said:
    Just had my gf sign up in case tomorrow is the day! For anyone interested in such things, new membership numbers being issued are 676XXX
    woah lol.  man time flies.  signed up in 2004 my number is 327xxx
    Yeah I signed up in in 2003 and my number is 300xxx, I finally signed up my wife last week and she' 676xxx. My seats are decide when ibget reserve, but I'd almost be scared to see where they put us for reserved seats. 
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    i_lov_it said:
    my2hands said:
    PJNB said:

Sounds good to me
    This is what I’m wondering... just moved to the Michigan and was looking forward to taking advantage of being more central US and hitting a bunch of shows this year
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,629
    Let’s hear about Philly dimi 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i dont know anmything about philly for next summer
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    ☹️
  • Options
    But Australia though ;) haha
  • Options
    Damn... no Philly and no Cleveland... 
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,873
    Damn
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

*fingers crossed*
  • Options
    link93link93 Posts: 404
    Dimi are northwest shows still in play for 2018?
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    link93 said:
    Dimi are northwest shows, not including Safeco, still in play for 2018?
    Ftfy
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    Damn... no Philly and no Cleveland... 
    In a weird way I’m kind of happy. Now my hand will be forced to finally make the trip to Seattle. Philly/Pittsburgh/Cleveland would have made it stupid to travel that far when they are coming so close by. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    DEGBTI said:
    seems Dimi has avoided this rumor thread as of late. He did say once the Euro schedule was announced, we could talk usa rumors. Maybe there are some changes of the whole plan? He always seems to want to play the rumor game. The fact he has been MIA is odd.
    Read on Facebook that he thinks Wrigley is a go and as for the rest of the arena tour nothing has been confirmed yet so he is not speaking on it.
    Where in Facebook did you read about dimi hints?   I'm late to the game I know. ☹️
  • Options
    cwjacwja Posts: 132
    18 shows already on the books. If they do 6-8 ballpark shows, outside of a one off or two (Missoula or festivals), that’s probably it. Unless you think we’re getting 35-40 shows this year.
  • Options
    It must suck to live in Chicago knowing you're never getting a proper arena show ever again lol
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    my2hands said:
    It must suck to live in Chicago knowing you're never getting a proper arena show ever again lol
    Thanks for throwing salt in the wound...ughhh 
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Better than no shows (Cleveland, columbus, Indianapolis, Des Moines, Kansas City, Louisville, Houston)
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    I'd argue that no place in the world has had it better than Chicago for PJ fans. The only down side is that everyone wants to come here. Those of us fortunate enough to travel get to see arena shows elsewhere, but since 2009, we've had it damn good. 

my2hands said:

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Don't worry, I'll be coming back for the Soldier Field show in a few years :)
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,141
    edited January 2018
    i_lov_it said:
    my2hands said:
    PJNB said:

Sounds good to me
    Originally it sounded like a possible fall west coast tour at some point.. but then I read rumours of "big plans" in 2019.    There was also comments they're working on a new album.... maybe they pushed back the idea of a fall tour to finish the album?

Not to mention I thought it was wierd to have a seperate West Coast tour without Seattle (As they'd already have played Seattle).    You could do a West Coast tour without Seattle, but its not something they do often.  Seattle is the biggest city in the NorthWest...   plus when you skip it then you've got california, portland, vancouver, alberta.   Lots of big empty gaps in between.   That's my thoughts anyways....
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 885
    Detroit or Moline aren't too far away.