How you feeling right now???

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    In flu zone..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Pretty down.
    My mum just told me that I am never going to get married and said that 'who'd want me?'.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul said:
    hedonist said:
    The holidays are kind of kicking my ass this year, but I'm still optimistic about the future and where I'm headed. Hope everyone is surrounded with loved ones and finishes the year strong! Much peace and love from my little corner of the world.
    Keep that mindset, my friend.  You will get where you need and want.

I just watched this and it gutted me, so damned...WOW.  What a voice; she is beyond gorgeous to me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKrkEOlyJo8

This is possibly my favorite song of all time. I get goosebumps every time I hear her version. It is SO beautiful that it basically stops me in my tracks.
    I never thought anyone could surpass this, but damned if KD did.

And I SO appreciate the honesty from both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FpwjQLZTTs
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Pretty down.
    My mum just told me that I am never going to get married and said that 'who'd want me?'.
    How can a mum talk like that to her child? I’m very sorry, I hope things will get better for you, keep working with your studies.
    Annafalk said:
    Pretty down.
    How can a mum talk like that to her child? I’m very sorry, I hope things will get better for you, keep working with your studies.
    It's normal for her.
    Thanks Anna.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Annafalk said:
    Pretty down.
    It's normal for her.
    Thanks Anna.
    just keep reminding yourself "this is not about me, this is about her". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Annafalk said:
    Pretty down.
    It's normal for her.
    Thanks Anna.
    Still hurts. It's true but. I've never had a girlfriend.
    I wish I had the courage to off myself but I do not.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Annafalk said:
    Pretty down.
    It's normal for her.
    Thanks Anna.
    Just because you never have doesn't mean you never will.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Annafalk said:
    Pretty down.
    It's normal for her.
    Thanks Anna.
    At 33 years I don't think I ever will.
    I have no friends. Red flag.
    PJ_Soul said:
    Annafalk said:
    Pretty down.
    It's normal for her.
    Thanks Anna.
    Well you've had several posts over time about how you've made some friends. Sure, they keep falling apart in short order because you overthought it all and took everything too seriously and/or because they were jerks. But honestly, if you just keep trying you'll inevitably find a friend and/or girlfriend that sticks. The only way for you to guarantee that you will be friendless and single forever is by not trying anymore.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Friendship (the basis for any good relationship) isn't forced, it's forged.  It's two ways.

Just be yourself.  Volunteer toward a cause important to you; you're likely to meet others who share that same passion and you may also discover valuable and positive attributes about yourself in the process.  
    edited January 2018
    hedonist said:
    Friendship (the basis for any good relationship) isn't forced, it's forged.  It's two ways.

Just be yourself.  Volunteer toward a cause important to you; you're likely to meet others who share that same passion and you may also discover valuable and positive attributes about yourself in the process.  
    Good advice. Whatever is chosen as an activity, the only way to meet new friends is to get out there around other people and share experiences with them, one way or another.
    Ever since deactivating my Facebook account I have not heard from people I used to even though they know that I can still be reached via messenger. Fakebook fake friends. That's something that has been getting me down.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I don’t have many friends—zero anywhere near me—but I like it that way.   

I did, however, find someone crazy enough to marry me and my winning personality, so there’s hope for you yet, T_A. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    PJ_Soul said:
    Annafalk said:
    Pretty down.
    It's normal for her.
    Thanks Anna.
    it takes effort. a lot of it sometimes. join groups. sports beer leagues. volunteer. get a dog and walk it to the local dog park. you'd be amazed how quickly you meet people in those situations. 

a good friend of mine who was a pretty severe addict moved back to winnipeg from vancouver recently to escape that life after rehab. he was (for whatever reason) shocked that life moved on without him (after 20+ years of being away), and that all his friends had families and lives and whatnot, so he sits in his apartment after work watches netflix or jets games and goes to bed. i keep telling him he can call me or any of our mutual friends, he always says 'i don't want to bother you, you have a wife and kids and a life'. then get out and do shit! you can't make friends sitting at home alone moping. if you have mental health issues, like many of us do, get help. that's your first step on this road. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I see people that make friends easy (former friends and my sister) but they change them like they change underwear. That turns me off friendships as people are so fickle. What's a friend?
    dankind said:

I did, however, find someone crazy enough to marry me and my winning personality, so there’s hope for you yet, T_A. 
    I feel like it's too late for me.
    I see people that make friends easy (former friends and my sister) but they change them like they change underwear. That turns me off friendships as people are so fickle. What's a friend?
    ok, so what makes these people former friends? and why do you care about your sister's relationships? my sister treats people like they owe her something. that affects me zero. 

a friend is someone who cares about you and expects nothing in return, but you give it anyway. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dankind said:

33 years old is too late? dude, it's NEVER TOO LATE. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    dankind said:

"Don't believe everything that you think"

And definitely don't believe everything that you feel. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    dankind said:

My hair is greying
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    dankind said:

My hair is greying
    That's not going to affect your ability to make friends :smile:
    dankind said:

My hair is greying
    Girlfriend I mean
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:

My hair is greying
    Girlfriend I mean
    That either. Some ladies dig a silver fox. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Yeah I really don't see why that would be an issue. Fuck it, I'm 32 and have plenty of grey hairs. Believe me, it's got to be worse for a girl!
    Yeah I really don't see why that would be an issue. Fuck it, I'm 32 and have plenty of grey hairs. Believe me, it's got to be worse for a girl!
    At least you can colour it.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

Well, so could you, if you're going to be picky about it. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

Well, so could you, if you're going to be picky about it. 
    Exactly
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Pretty down.
    :o  Please, don't listen to her. I am shocked to read this! Sent your mum greetings and tell her that she has to stop that!
    I mean, for how long is she telling you stuff like that? For me that sounds like she is guilty of causing the problem! She needs to realise that. 
    Stop thinking that way. And listen to these advices from people here and go out. Find things you like to do. Be good to yourself and try to think positive! I know that's not easy! But it's just like the others said earlier, you can't hide, you need to show up somewhere and have fun and then things are happening when you won't expect it. 
    And come on, you guys don't have a problem with grey hairs.. ;) it just make you look even better! It's only a point of view!
    33 is freaking young! A lot of people wish to be that young again!
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Ok, I'm sorry, I don't want you to get in trouble with your mum about it! Just don't listen to these words of hers. :)