TORREY

PINES

MOTHER

FUCKERS

chinese-happy.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited January 2018
    bflynn1 said:
    I get to play Kapalua in March when I go to Hawaii. They have a package that includes 3 rounds. Two are at The Bay course and one at the Plantation course. I'm excited and humbled that I'll get to cross the Plantation course off the bucket list.
    Nice. That's awesome. I was able to pull off one round on my honeymoon and played Poipu Bay in Kauai. Kapalua is definitely on my list though.

So you guys played the course they are playing this weekend? They always go waaaaay under par there. How is it playing as a regular amateur golfer? Tough with the elevation?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited January 2018
    bflynn1 said:
    I get to play Kapalua in March when I go to Hawaii. They have a package that includes 3 rounds. Two are at The Bay course and one at the Plantation course. I'm excited and humbled that I'll get to cross the Plantation course off the bucket list.
    Nice. That's awesome. I was able to pull off one round on my honeymoon and played Poipu Bay in Kauai. Kapalua is definitely on my list though.

So you guys played the course they are playing this weekend? They always go waaaaay under par there. How is it playing as a regular amateur golfer? Tough with the elevation?
    I have not played it, played a different one, but from what I understand the plantation course, which they are playing and bflynn referenced is a fun, wide resort course that can play tough with wind.  There are a lot of elevation changes, so I am sure there are some tricky shots for ams.

The course I played, Poipu Bay is where they held the grand slam of golf thing they used to do where the 4 major winners play.  Pictures of Tiger and Phil and all all over the clubhouse and all.  Was cool.

https://www.poipubaygolf.com/
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    edited January 2018

TORREY

PINES

MOTHER

FUCKERS

He was always going to play this and maybe I am just being paranoid, but I don't love this.  Some chilly tough mornings on a rough course can't be great for the back.  Regardless, if he's gonna win again, he'll have to play these types of courses.  Just kinda prefer he get back into the swing of this in places like Scottsdale.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    bflynn1 said:

It's not easy. Played it a couple times about 18 years ago. Lots of elevation changes and wind. And on 18, there's a marker about where most tee shots go. It's at the top of the hill and the green is within sight. I think the marker said "No way" or "good Luck". Anyway, my tee shot landed right near it and I decided to go for it. Swung way too hard and jacked it left into the brush. Good times. 
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    bflynn1 said:

I have not played it, played a different one, but from what I understand the plantation course, which they are playing and bflynn referenced is a fun, wide resort course that can play tough with wind.  There are a lot of elevation changes, so I am sure there are some tricky shots for ams.

The course I played, Poipu Bay is where they held the grand slam of golf thing they used to do where the 4 major winners play.  Pictures of Tiger and Phil and all all over the clubhouse and all.  Was cool.

Yeah I'm playing the Plantation course in March. Never been before so not sure what to expect. I do use a range finder with slope so hopefully that'll help me with the elevation changes a bit. 
    bflynn1 said:
    bflynn1 said:

Yeah I'm playing the Plantation course in March. Never been before so not sure what to expect. I do use a range finder with slope so hopefully that'll help me with the elevation changes a bit. 
    Enjoy. Hawaii is sweet.
    Why do the graphics on this rerun of last year's tournament look like they're from 1983?  Are these the graphics they really used last year?
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    bflynn1 said:
    i was lucky enough to play the plantation course on my honeymoon. Such an amazing golf course all the way around. I was actually there the week after the pros played so the course was in immaculate condition. Watching whales breach in the distance while hitting a golf shot...no comparison 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Jordan Spieth is finished.  Lost his game.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

TORREY

PINES

MOTHER

FUCKERS

FUCK

MOTHER

FUCKING

TIGER
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    My takes for this year

Rickie wins a major. DJ wins another.

Jordan and JT don't but both have good years

Rory wins a tournament or two but continues to be inconsistent. 

Cantlay breaks through and becomes a household name.

Koepka has a horrible year.

Tiger doesn't win but has a number of top 10s and is in the mix on multiple Sundays. And here's my hottest of hot....plays in Paris and the US wins a tight one. Phil and tiger are the captains picks

Dustin Johnson is a beast.   Nice to see Pat Perez continue his great play. 

Dustin should never lose at this course.

My takes for this year

Tiger doesn't win but has a number of top 10s and is in the mix on multiple Sundays. And here's my hottest of hot....plays in Paris and the US wins a tight one. Phil and tiger are the captains picks

It should be a great year.  So many contenders.  Ryder Cup. And having Tiger back just elevates every tourney he plays in. 

My Tiger predictions are:

1) Win at Torrey Pines.

2) Will start the day in one of the three final groups on Sunday at Augusta.

Agree with all this except pat Perez. Ever since he made comments about tiger I thought he was a douche. Not because I think everyone has to like tiger (far from it), but for the simple fact this guy who’s done nothing on tour decided to take a shot when the greatest ever was at his lowest. Dude is classless 

My takes for this year

It should be a great year.  So many contenders.  Ryder Cup. And having Tiger back just elevates every tourney he plays in. 

1) Win at Torrey Pines.

2) Will start the day in one of the three final groups on Sunday at Augusta.

Would love to watch your #2 prediction unfold on masters Sunday!  
    bbiggs said:

Agree with all this except pat Perez. Ever since he made comments about tiger I thought he was a douche. Not because I think everyone has to like tiger (far from it), but for the simple fact this guy who’s done nothing on tour decided to take a shot when the greatest ever was at his lowest. Dude is classless 
    People who actually will say what is on their minds will get themselves in trouble sometimes.  It is nice to see someone succeed who isn't a PGA robot. 
    My takes for this year

1) palimony suit(s)

2) back to rehab

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

Dustin should never lose period. His game is so good 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

Dustin should never lose period. His game is so good 
    His tee shot on 12 today was insane.  
    fuck tiger.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    This cracks me up...

Palm Springs is so sweet.  Played a few courses out there 5 or 6 years ago, including a scramble.  Went to a party at Frank Sinatra's house. All expenses paid. No big thing.
    Palm Springs is so sweet.  Played a few courses out there 5 or 6 years ago, including a scramble.  Went to a party at Frank Sinatra's house. All expenses paid. No big thing.
    My in laws live in La Quinta.  I’ve been going to the desert annually since 2006 and I get in at least 4 rounds each time I go.  Fantastic golf out there! Do you remember the courses you played? 
    bbiggs said:
    My in laws live in La Quinta.  I’ve been going to the desert annually since 2006 and I get in at least 4 rounds each time I go.  Fantastic golf out there! Do you remember the courses you played? 
    Great golf.  I played both courses at the JW Marriott which was where we were staying and where I played in the scramble.  I played a Pete Dye course too, but can't remember the name.  Just remember it as it is the only Pete Dye course I have played. 

I want to get back out.  Was a sweet get up though. Marriott event through my wife's work.
    edited January 2018
    ^ Very cool.  I’m familiar.  Nice course (they all are).  If you head back, there’s another Marriott resort course called Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert. It’s a nice one if you choose to stay at a Marriott again.  A short list of winners:

SilverRock, PGA West (Nicklaus or TPC Stadium course), LaQuinta Resort and Club (Mountain course), Eagle Falls and Classic Club.  You would not be disappointed with any of these! 
    Post edited by bbiggs on
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    bbiggs said:

Well if he's classless than he's just like Tiger.

bbiggs said:
    ^ Very cool.  I’m familiar.  Nice course (they all are).  If you head back, there’s another Marriott resort course called Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert. It’s a nice one if you choose to stay at a Marriott again.  A short list of winners:

SilverRock, PGA West (Nicklaus or TPC Stadium course), LaQuinta Resort and Club (Mountain course), Eagle Falls and Classic Club.  You would not be disappointed with any of these! 
    Nice. Awesome you get there every year. I'd love to get back.

Definitely familiar with the PGA courses and classic club because of the bob hope or whatever it's called now.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Check out

Club Pro Guy

on twitter. Genius. He did a podcast with No Laying Up and yesterday he did one for the golf channel.
    Guy created a fictional club pro who used to play professionally on the Mexican Mini-Tour. King of the punch-out.
    If you like golf you'll love this guy.