Comments

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    90 minute's this evening. 
    Awesome beer. Are you a fan of the 120?
    Is a frog's ass water tight?
    Lmao! Never heard that one. “Does a bear shit in the woods?” has been my go to for years. Might need to switch it up. 

120...you’re a brave soul. I enjoy the shit out of the 60 and 90 though. 
    I"m just not a fan of the 120.  the 90 is perfect but the 120 is not my cup of tea.  
    I do like the 90
    Can take or leave the 120
    But if you can get it try the 75
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Ugh, my phone screwed up and I just deleted my whole post by accident.  Anyway, to sum up:

@Malroth, definitely check out Orlando Brewing. The Blackwater Porters, Pale Ale, Olde Pelican, and Pompous Ass are all excellent.  And if there is any way you can and would be willing to ship me a bottle or two of the Mint Chocolate Girl Stout, I would gladly pay you!!
    Was on foot so went to a closer brewery.  10ten.
    Brought home some Brother of the night and Ebenezer.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Not being able to visit many breweries, I just found out what a crowler is.
    A 32 OUNCE CAN OF DRAFT BEER! awesome.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Wobbie said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Lmao! Never heard that one. “Does a bear shit in the woods?” has been my go to for years. Might need to switch it up. 

is the pope catholic?
    You're all wrong...
    It's, "Does the pope shit in the woods?"
  • Wobbie said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

is the pope catholic?
    You're all wrong...
    40 pound rat got big feet?!?

Does a chicken have lips?!?
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    First drink to kick off New Years. One of my favs!

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    bbiggs said:

founders is some great beer!  cheers bud! hopefully we can get a drink at wrigley this year!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

founders is some great beer!  cheers bud! hopefully we can get a drink at wrigley this year!

For sure my man!  Looking forward to it.  Cheers!  Here’s another I’m trying for the first time. A local brew. Real good! 

mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I"m just not a fan of the 120.  the 90 is perfect but the 120 is not my cup of tea.  
    I do like the 90
    haven't seen the 75....the hunt is on.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

For sure my man!  Looking forward to it.  Cheers!  Here’s another I’m trying for the first time. A local brew. Real good! 

Nice!  I was just at Noon Whistle on Saturday.  They have some really good beers over there.  Gummy Buddy is awesome....had a couple of those last night.
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Nice!  I was just at Noon Whistle on Saturday.  They have some really good beers over there.  Gummy Buddy is awesome....had a couple of those last night.
    I’m definitely going to check out some others.  I’ve heard the Gummy Buddy is good. I’ll be making a trip to Lombard for sure to do some more sampling. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I do like the 90
    haven't seen the 75....the hunt is on.
    I've  only ever had the 75 at the brewery itself or one of the Dogfish brewpubs.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Wobbie said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

is the pope catholic?
    You're all wrong...
    If a bear is Catholic and no one is around to hear it, does it make a tree?
  • I will not be drinking beer until the Superbowl so I will live vicariously through you all...
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719

severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    I will not be drinking beer until the Superbowl so I will live vicariously through you all...
    so just vodka?
    Pretty damn good stuff...

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    ......on the hunt for Bell's Hopslam! 
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    KBS on the left is my last one from 2016. The bomber of KBS on the right is earmarked for a groovy fellow when I get a day off to get it to him.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    ^ That’s a fine selection you have there! How’s the Dark Lord? Worth the hype? 
  • ......on the hunt for Bell's Hopslam! 
    It's good but don't go crazy for it...
    I have yet to try the Dark Lord. The bottle I have is 2016 so I'd like to age it for another year still. I've heard it's over hyped but I also heard the variant bottles are the ones people really go crazy for. I might try to get out to Dark Lord day this year. If for no other reason than its the only time of year they bring back their brisket tacos! Fucking amazing! Plus it would be good to try it on tap too. I mostly prefer beer on tap. Zombie Dust is great as it is, but at the brewery on tap is like a beer version of a Coke at McDonald's. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Hopslam should be coming back real soon. I've got like 3 cans from last year still. Strong enough ABV to last a year for an IPA. It's rolling out right now. You can visit the link and find out when it's heading your way.

https://www.bellsbeer.com/news/shipping-dates-state-hopslam-2018-other-helpful-links
    I have yet to try the Dark Lord. The bottle I have is 2016 so I'd like to age it for another year still. I've heard it's over hyped but I also heard the variant bottles are the ones people really go crazy for. I might try to get out to Dark Lord day this year. If for no other reason than its the only time of year they bring back their brisket tacos! Fucking amazing! Plus it would be good to try it on tap too. I mostly prefer beer on tap. Zombie Dust is great as it is, but at the brewery on tap is like a beer version of a Coke at McDonald's. 
    My facts are probably off here but I heard tickets for dark lord day are $150 or so this year. I wonder what that includes. I’m sure a couple dark lords on tap but if that doesn’t include a couple bottles to bring home I’d probably pass.  Do you know the details?

the zombie dust on tap comparison to a McDonald’s coke is awesome...really makes me want to get some on tap! 
    Found this one in the back of the fridge. Tastes great!!

bbiggs said:
    My facts are probably off here but I heard tickets for dark lord day are $150 or so this year. I wonder what that includes. I’m sure a couple dark lords on tap but if that doesn’t include a couple bottles to bring home I’d probably pass.  Do you know the details?

the zombie dust on tap comparison to a McDonald’s coke is awesome...really makes me want to get some on tap! 
    I haven't researched for this year, but last year it was $200. That came with $50 in food/drink vouchers for the event, 4 bombers of Dark Lord and 1 bottle of a variant Dark Lord. I learned that a lot of the people that went would just sell their variant bottle or 3 of their regular bottles at or after the event. They would make enough to pay for their $200 ticket and still have some money to spare. 
    bbiggs said:

I haven't researched for this year, but last year it was $200. That came with $50 in food/drink vouchers for the event, 4 bombers of Dark Lord and 1 bottle of a variant Dark Lord. I learned that a lot of the people that went would just sell their variant bottle or 3 of their regular bottles at or after the event. They would make enough to pay for their $200 ticket and still have some money to spare. 
    Wow not bad at all. I’m not interested in selling my beer but I still think it’s a decent value all things considered. Do you know when tix go on sale and how difficult it will be to get them? 
    Summer ale to winter lager