2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 698
    jmug23 said:

I think we all got excited about a big tour this year with all of the talk of three continents.  But I think reality is setting in with a "bigger" leg in Europe, and then three shows in SA and a few ballpark shows in the US.   Nothing different than any other post 2006 year other than 2017 with no shows.

2013 was pretty big though for PJ, so perhaps a new album in 2019 will usher in a "full" US tour.

I’d be pretty bummed if that’s all it was. I’m really hoping for a west coast arena tour. Did both chicago and Boston last year and I’m ready to get back to the arenas. 
    Yeah.   I think of these shows I would only consider Wrigley and if I can’t get GA I would pass.
    crazy talk.  lol
  • JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    Man I just keep hoping that the Boston dates are wrong. Labor day weekend would be a mess and it'l be hard as hell for me to get off of work.  
  • Does anyone have a seating chart for Wrigley 2016? Or was there a thread showing where folks sat with Reserved 10c tix if they had a low 10c number? Searched but I couldnt find one. thanks
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    nalyd61 said:
    jmug23 said:

I think we all got excited about a big tour this year with all of the talk of three continents.  But I think reality is setting in with a "bigger" leg in Europe, and then three shows in SA and a few ballpark shows in the US.   Nothing different than any other post 2006 year other than 2017 with no shows.

2013 was pretty big though for PJ, so perhaps a new album in 2019 will usher in a "full" US tour.

I’d be pretty bummed if that’s all it was. I’m really hoping for a west coast arena tour. Did both chicago and Boston last year and I’m ready to get back to the arenas. 
    Yeah.   I think of these shows I would only consider Wrigley and if I can’t get GA I would pass.
    crazy talk.  lol

I've turned into one of those people that I used to make fun of.   I'll have seen PJ 3 times in Europe this year, so I won't be in the mindset of "it doesn't matter where, just being in the building". 
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    If it's ballpark shows (and maybe a festival or benefit in Montana) only in the U.S. in 2018, then by the time 2019 rolls around, it will basically be 3 years between US arena shows (last ones being in spring 2016).
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited January 2018
    3 cities... 6 shows... 240,000 tix sold... 1,000,000 posters sold lol....

1 show at Safeco will sell the same amount of tix as 3 shows @ Key Arena 

Get used to it my American friends
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,925
    ^ Bummer if you’re right (I think you are).  I wonder why they don’t use the same philosophy in Europe with soccer stadiums as venues. Too much capacity to fill?  Acoustics?  Both? 
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    I hope they announce a North American Tour soon...Flights are way more Cheaper booked in advance haha
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Bummer if you’re right (I think you are).  I wonder why they don’t use the same philosophy in Europe with soccer stadiums as venues. Too much capacity to fill?  Acoustics?  Both? 
    They used the soccer stadiums in Italy in 2014 and now in 2018.  Not sure why just Italy.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    bbiggs said:
    They used the soccer stadiums in Italy in 2014 and now in 2018.  Not sure why just Italy.
    Friends Arena in Stockholm was an indoor soccer stadium.
    CopperTom said:
    bbiggs said:

True.  So was Oslo.  They only sold probably 50% of Oslo's stadium. 
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,273
    Does anyone have a seating chart for Wrigley 2016? Or was there a thread showing where folks sat with Reserved 10c tix if they had a low 10c number? Searched but I couldnt find one. thanks
    Facing the stage, I was to the right of the mixing board maybe 5 or 6 rows behind the walkway. 10club number 144###.  I thought the seats were great.  Hope that helps a little
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    CopperTom said:
    bbiggs said:

True.  So was Oslo.  They only sold probably 50% of Oslo's stadium. 
    Same for Stockholm.
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    7 shows 8/8 and 8/10 Seattle. Boston and Chicago. Forget where the other one is.  Us and Canada Tour in 2019 also. Not sure about anywhere else
    Is this info from an inside source? Thanks for the heads up, even if it is depressing, haha
  • mr bungle said:
    Does anyone have a seating chart for Wrigley 2016? Or was there a thread showing where folks sat with Reserved 10c tix if they had a low 10c number? Searched but I couldnt find one. thanks
    Facing the stage, I was to the right of the mixing board maybe 5 or 6 rows behind the walkway. 10club number 144###.  I thought the seats were great.  Hope that helps a little
    That’s great, thanks!
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905
    7 shows 8/8 and 8/10 Seattle. Boston and Chicago. Forget where the other one is.  Us and Canada Tour in 2019 also. Not sure about anywhere else
    kind of weird they'd do a show on a Wednesday?   According to the mariners schedule there's no games in Seattle from the 6th to 16th?  You'd think they do Friday/Sunday or Saturday/Monday or something?
  • Zod said:
    kind of weird they'd do a show on a Wednesday?   According to the mariners schedule there's no games in Seattle from the 6th to 16th?  You'd think they do Friday/Sunday or Saturday/Monday or something?
    I’m just given the info. 
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Zod said:
    I’m just given the info. 

Thanks for the scoop! 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited January 2018
    The Wed/Fri @ Safeco makes perfect sense if they are headlining the Outside Lands Festival that Sunday 8/12 (speculation)

We are playing chess here folks, not checkers :)
    Post edited by my2hands on
    my2hands said:
    The Wed/Fri @ Safeco makes perfect sense if they are headlining the Outside Lands Festival that Sunday 8/12 (speculation)

We are playing chess here folks, not checkers :)
    LOL  =)
  • Not seeing a Wednesday show at Safeco being a winner. I don’t see how they could even sell it out, there’s really 50,000 legit PJ fans in the Seattle area? It would have to be a greatest hits show on an unprecedented level to keep that many casual fans engaged. I understand a weekend show working because fans like myself would fly in. Too bad that wouldn’t just play the Gorge which 99% of us prefer but I guess they’ve are obsessed with this ballpark thing for whatever reason. If they think the vibe at Safeco will come close to Fenway or Wrigley they are delusional. Those are the two most iconic ballparks in the world. Safeco is an okay ballpark with virtually zero history despite being around for two decades.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
    Not seeing a Wednesday show at Safeco being a winner. I don’t see how they could even sell it out, there’s really 50,000 legit PJ fans in the Seattle area? It would have to be a greatest hits show on an unprecedented level to keep that many casual fans engaged. I understand a weekend show working because fans like myself would fly in. Too bad that wouldn’t just play the Gorge which 99% of us prefer but I guess they’ve are obsessed with this ballpark thing for whatever reason. If they think the vibe at Safeco will come close to Fenway or Wrigley they are delusional. Those are the two most iconic ballparks in the world. Safeco is an okay ballpark with virtually zero history despite being around for two decades.
    I'm not too thrilled about the ballpark shows, but I'd rather go there than the Gorge. A five hour drive and camping out is far less convenient than driving to Safeco for the evening. 
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,344
    Zod said:
    I’m just given the info. 
    any dates for Boston and Chicago?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,613
    If Safeco is Wednesday and Friday, my plan would be miss the Wednesday show and just use 1PTO day Friday to go to the Friday show.  I would use both for a Thursday/Friday run, but a useless gap day on a Thursday isn’t worth it
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I'm fine with whatever happens at Safeco Field in Seattle...
    I'll be there for the whole week no matter which nights Pearl Jam play!!
    There's so much to do and see in the city & surrounding area,
    one week is barely long enough for me.
    AND besides that,
    anytime I can fly to one city and get 2 shows...
    I'm a happy camper!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 873
    planing on both safeco and wrigley. But if safeco is a wednesday/friday. I'm out for wednesday, Bummer
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    derbydave said:
    AND besides that,
    I'm a happy camper!!
    I would love to here what things there are to do in Seattle. It has never been on my radar as cities to see besides to see Pearl Jam play there of course. I am also disappointed in the Wednesday rumoured date. The 10th weekend is one of the two weekends I have off in August and it would have fit perfectly for me if they played it. Just a rumour right now and hoping that it changes. 
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    AND besides that,
    I'm a happy camper!!
    I would love to here what things there are to do in Seattle. It has never been on my radar as cities to see besides to see Pearl Jam play there of course. I am also disappointed in the Wednesday rumoured date. The 10th weekend is one of the two weekends I have off in August and it would have fit perfectly for me if they played it. Just a rumour right now and hoping that it changes. 

I'd spend a day hanging out in the city center...
    Pioneer Square, Belltown, Pike Place Market, SODO, Capital Hill etc...
    SOOO many great bars, restaurants & shops to visit!!
    I'd also be checking out what's on the agenda at the other music venues in town,
    to see who's playing at The Showbox, The Crocodile, Tractor Tavern or many of the other clubs in the evenings.
    Next...I'd head over to Woodinville Wine Country & spend a day visiting all the wineries,  
    and end that day with dinner at my favorite restaurant in the Seattle area, The Herbfarm.
    Then I'd take a little roadtrip down to Mount Rainier.
    It's an INCREDIBLE drive and if you're this close,
    it's a MUST SEE in my book!
    I would also have to make a stop in Tacoma to visit the Museum of Glass,
    a trip to Seattle isn't complete without seeing Dale Chihuly's work up close.
    On the day between shows...
    you would find me in West Seattle.
    Easy Street Records and a walk along Alki would be GREAT on a nice August day!!
    If I still had time left...
    I'd take another road trip out to the Olympic Peninsula,
    and spend an evening (or two) in one of the cabins at Kalaloch Lodge overlooking the Pacific.

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    derbydave said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    AND besides that,
    I'm a happy camper!!

I'd also be checking out what's on the agenda at the other music venues in town,
    to see who's playing at The Showbox, The Crocodile, Tractor Tavern or many of the other clubs in the evenings.
    Next...I'd head over to Woodinville Wine Country & spend a day visiting all the wineries,  
    and end that day with dinner at my favorite restaurant in the Seattle area, The Herbfarm.
    and spend an evening (or two) in one of the cabins at Kalaloch Lodge overlooking the Pacific.

:bow:

I took a pic of this. A lot of stuff I would not have thought of thanks!
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430
    derbydave said:
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    AND besides that,
    I'm a happy camper!!

This sounds awesome. Hope it comes to fruition
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2