2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    I can only imagine the pools of jizz drying up over at E(SEC)PN studios right now.

don’t agree at all. this game is going to get shit ratings. one SEC team is fine, but having two makes this only attractive to jim bob and sissy (aka lolo and ND) 
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Wobbie said:
    I can only imagine the pools of jizz drying up over at E(SEC)PN studios right now.

don’t agree at all. this game is going to get shit ratings. one SEC team is fine, but having two makes this only attractive to jim bob and sissy (aka lolo and ND) 
    Stop pouting, or at least keep the whining between you and your sister wives.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    ehbacon said:
    Michigan why are you the way that you are? 

But awesome for UCF. Awesome to see the terribly overrated SEC fall on their faces in the bowl games, while the B1G shoves a big finger in the face of the committee by dominating. Glorious

Looks like the terribly overrated SEC fell right on their faces to the national title game. 
    Oops, our bad.

Also no matter which team people cheer for they still want the best top 4 teams in the CFP. Doesn't matter if the team has been there before or not. You have a lot to learn grasshopper.

Oh and one last thing....
    ROLL TIDE!!!!!!
    The SEC is over rated. Yes, they have the best team in the country. They are top heavy. They have 2 good teams. After bama and Georgia ,  they have nothing. 

The big 10 has 7 or 8 teams that are very good. Had michigan nkt handed that game to USC, they would have been 8-0. The SEC was lucky to even have USC and GA win. Every other team lost. Including auburn, who lost to some team Florida team that has to recruit against FSU,  Florida, Miami, GA,  and Clemson. 

The bug ten is the best conference in college football right now. There's no real argument to be made otherwise. 
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    Who said most of the country would rather see Wisconsin than Alabama in the playoff? I'm not sure anyone thinks that. Why would you pick Wisconsin over the actual conference champion? OSU has a better case to get in. I think they should have gotten in over bama. 

That being said, I do believe that ANY undefeated team should be in. I don't care what conference they play in. It is difficult for any team to run the table. I don't think you could do that though unless they expanded to 6 teams. I don't like the idea of an 8 team playoff. With 6 teams, you have room for teams like UCF and OSU or even Penn St last year.
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Who said most of the country would rather see Wisconsin than Alabama in the playoff? I'm not sure anyone thinks that. Why would you pick Wisconsin over the actual conference champion? OSU has a better case to get in. I think they should have gotten in over bama. 
    It was rather see Wisconsin win the conference championship and get in than have them lose and Alabama get in. 

Maybe it's just a young person thing. Alabama has been dominant our entire lives and we are so sick of it. Everyone I know who watches college football hates Alabama. And all the college fans I've met at games and in other states feel the same way.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
    ehbacon said:
    It was rather see Wisconsin win the conference championship and get in than have them lose and Alabama get in. 

Maybe it's just a young person thing. Alabama has been dominant our entire lives and we are so sick of it. Everyone I know who watches college football hates Alabama. And all the college fans I've met at games and in other states feel the same way.
    Absolutely.  Had Wisconsin beaten OSU, there's no way bama gets in. An undefeated power 5 conference champ and you do g let them in? The committee would have lost all of its credibility had that happened . 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    this is a great matchup for the “my cousin is also my wife” crowd.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    SEC Rules. Been that way for 10 years. 

Shyner said:
    SEC Rules. Been that way for 10 years. 

Up until about 2 years ago. They're not better than the big 10. Yes, they have the best program in the country. But the conference overall is inferior to the big 10 and has been for 2 years now. 
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

Man, the haters are coming out on here!

Roll Muthaf*cking Tide, Wobbie!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    edited January 2018
    lolobugg said:

Not sure why people like to hate on winners.  For my money, give me classic match-ups.

Lakers v Celtics?  Oh, yeah!
    Yanks v Dodgers?  Yep.
    Habs v Bruins?  Give me more.
    Niners & Pats?  This is my dream SB.

For NCAA...the sport is better when at least a handful of the teams listed below are playing at a high level.  There cannot be too many of them excelling!

Florida
    LSU
    Penn State
    Florida State
    Miami
    Michigan
    Texas
    Nebraska
    Oklahoma
    Notre Dame
    USC
    Ohio State
    Alabama

This doesn't mean that I don't root for Clemson or Georgia or some program like that who turns the flame up for a period and gets some time in the spotlight.  I could argue that it might be better for there to be a traditional powerhouse or 2 and a few party crashers in the playoffs each season.  Might be more fun that way. 

Haters can root for their Royals vs. Brewers matchups all they want -- but not many people tune in when that is the scenario.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    I guess I am a sports elitist.  ;)

Yeah, maybe... but you aren't a hater!

Pete Carroll back to USC. you heard it here first!!  :lol:

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:

Yeah, maybe... but you aren't a hater!

Pete Carroll back to USC. you heard it here first!!  :lol:

We were texting that back and forth among the idiot alumni group that I text with about 2 minutes after reports came out that The Pete might retire from Seattle.
    We should throw Jimbo money at him.  I would love this, so much.
  • ehbacon said:
    Michigan why are you the way that you are? 

But awesome for UCF. Awesome to see the terribly overrated SEC fall on their faces in the bowl games, while the B1G shoves a big finger in the face of the committee by dominating. Glorious

Looks like the terribly overrated SEC fell right on their faces to the national title game. 
    Oops, our bad.

Also no matter which team people cheer for they still want the best top 4 teams in the CFP. Doesn't matter if the team has been there before or not. You have a lot to learn grasshopper.

Oh and one last thing....
    ROLL TIDE!!!!!!
    The SEC is over rated. Yes, they have the best team in the country. They are top heavy. They have 2 good teams. After bama and Georgia ,  they have nothing. 

The big 10 has 7 or 8 teams that are very good. Had michigan nkt handed that game to USC, they would have been 8-0. The SEC was lucky to even have USC and GA win. Every other team lost. Including auburn, who lost to some team Florida team that has to recruit against FSU,  Florida, Miami, GA,  and Clemson. 

The bug ten is the best conference in college football right now. There's no real argument to be made otherwise. 
    C'mon man. 
    Mississippi State also won. 
    I'm through with screaming
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    ehbacon said:
    SEC is still overrated. Clemson played their worst game today, Bama beating that Clemson team means nothing. Any of the top 10 could've beat Clemson the way the played today, unimpressive. Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Penn State all would have handled Clemson the same way. 

Georgia did what they had to do, they stayed with Oklahoma (who has one of if not the worst defense in the top 25) long enough to get to overtime and made it happen there. Mayfield being ill meant that the Oklahoma defense needed to step up, but they just didn't. A healthy Mayfield and that is an entirely different game.

And the worst part is that it distracts from the fact that the rest of the SEC performed terribly in their bowls. LSU and Auburn are supposed to be elite in the SEC, both lost. Auburn got steamrolled by UCF. Pathetic. 

There are two reason the B1G was left out of the CFP. 

Number 1: They voted for Alabama's name. Before the final vote, Alabama had played absolutely nobody. They played Auburn and got steamrolled, and Auburn turned out to be terribly overrated as well. They got in because for decades they've been great. Ohio State had one of the most difficult schedules a college team can have, and they only came in with 2 losses; neither of which recent. Alabama lost their LAST GAME OF THE SEASON. A team that loses to the only decent team they play all year, doesn't make their conference championship, and loses their last game DOES NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. EVER. They got in because they are Alabama. 

Number 2: The B1G's top 3 teams were all so good that they knocked themselves out of the playoffs. Penn State lost to OSU by 1 point in one of the best games of the year (and following a questionable 4th down conversion spot), and lost to Michigan St. at the last second on a game so ridiculous that it should just be thrown out and never mentioned again. Wisconsin lost to Ohio State. Ohio State, again, had the hardest schedule a college team could have. Georgia and Alabama were the only two good teams in the conference, and they did not play each other this year. Georgia earned there way to where they are, but Alabama absolutely did not.
    That was Clemson's worst game in 3 seasons. It was bad. Hard to argue they deserved the #1 spot, or even playoffs after that. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    To hell with Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Alabama all three.  WHY THE HELL WASN'T CENTRAL FLORIDA IN??!!!

Undefeated. Check.
    Conference Champs. Check.
    Manhandle the team that mandhandled both teams appearing in the CFP title game. Check.
    lolobugg said:

I'm not hating on bama. They've been the best program in college football for a decade. That doesn't mean the SEC is the best conference though.
    edited January 2018
    To hell with Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Alabama all three.  WHY THE HELL WASN'T CENTRAL FLORIDA IN??!!!

Undefeated. Check.
    Manhandle the team that mandhandled both teams appearing in the CFP title game. Check.
    Strength of record #77 in the league. Check
    They start playing some of the big boys and beating them during reg season and you have an argument.
    Post edited by northerndragon on

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.

Undefeated. Check.
    I agree. I felt from the beginning of this playoff system that ANY undefeated team should get in. It's hard to go undefeated no matter what conference you play for. But the only way to get a team like UCF in is to expand to 6 teams. And I'm not sure that would be a good thing. I like the 4 team playoff structure.

Undefeated. Check.
    I agree. I felt from the beginning of this playoff system that ANY undefeated team should get in. It's hard to go undefeated no matter what conference you play for. But the only way to get a team like UCF in is to expand to 6 teams. And I'm not sure that would be a good thing. I like the 4 team playoff structure.
    Dumb

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    lolobugg said:

Not sure why people like to hate on winners.  For my money, give me classic match-ups.

Lakers v Celtics?  Oh, yeah!
    Yanks v Dodgers?  Yep.
    Habs v Bruins?  Give me more.
    Niners & Pats?  This is my dream SB.

For NCAA...the sport is better when at least a handful of the teams listed below are playing at a high level.  There cannot be too many of them excelling!

Florida
    LSU
    Penn State
    Florida State
    Miami
    Michigan
    Texas
    Nebraska
    Oklahoma
    Notre Dame
    USC
    Ohio State
    Alabama

This doesn't mean that I don't root for Clemson or Georgia or some program like that who turns the flame up for a period and gets some time in the spotlight.  I could argue that it might be better for there to be a traditional powerhouse or 2 and a few party crashers in the playoffs each season.  Might be more fun that way. 

Haters can root for their Royals vs. Brewers matchups all they want -- but not many people tune in when that is the scenario.
    I agree with this. College football Saturdays are not just about watching my team, but monitoring the entire top 25 and really, really hating on a bunch of teams on this list (USC, Michigan and the Florida trio). But when one of these schools is in the dumps, it's no fun. When Michigan or USC just had some bad years, it took a lot of excitement out of the games/rivalries. 

I liken it to when the Cubs won the world series. The start of the year was awesome for the Cubs/Sox rivalry. Through mid-May they were about the 2 best teams in baseball. It even made the trash talk fun. By September, it just wasn't as much fun to talk shit. Now, after they won it all, I didn't give a flying rats ass, I made sure everyone I came across knew the Cubs had won the 2016 World Series. :rock_on:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory

Undefeated. Check.
    Dumb
    Only dumb if you have No concept or understanding of basic football concepts. Oh wait, consider the source.
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    for the record, I root against teams like the Patriots and Alabama because if they win the championship it means nothing to them or their fans. It would mean so much more for a team like Wisconsin, who has never seen a national championship game, to get the opportunity. We hate them because there are an insane amount of FBS teams that are shit year after year, and this team gets disappointing when they don't win the championship game? fuck out of here. Plus 95% of their fans never went to their school, they are the ultimate bandwagon team. That sucks because we all know as soon as Bama turns to shit, they'll all flee the bandwagon in an instant. They have the worst fans in all of college football.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
    ehbacon said:
    for the record, I root against teams like the Patriots and Alabama because if they win the championship it means nothing to them or their fans. It would mean so much more for a team like Wisconsin, who has never seen a national championship game, to get the opportunity. We hate them because there are an insane amount of FBS teams that are shit year after year, and this team gets disappointing when they don't win the championship game? fuck out of here. Plus 95% of their fans never went to their school, they are the ultimate bandwagon team. That sucks because we all know as soon as Bama turns to shit, they'll all flee the bandwagon in an instant. They have the worst fans in all of college football.

I appreciate you speaking for me and assuming that a National Championship doesn't mean anything....

It means everything, every year.... I guess you would have to pull for a team that has won one to understand.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

Bama has the worst fans? 
    I don't know...I have not been to most stadiums to witness their fans -- or have the experience of their fans coming to visit a game at a stadium I was at.

I think Ohio State has some obnoxious fans...they do have a great history to back it up, and they pack their big ass stadium every home game...so it is tough to say they are bad.  They are just passionate.

Cal fans suck -- one of the big reasons is because their team always sucks.  Why do you run mouth so much when you finally have a halfway decent team?

As a fan of a traditional power in College Football I welcome the hate.  Hate, hate, and more hate.  Does USC count success by Rose Bowls, National Titles, Heisman Trophys, NFL First Round Draft Picks, and NFL Hall of Famers?  Yes.  Yes, we do.

I love SEC fans when I meet them and talk to them.  They (on average -- a generalization here) care significantly more than the rest of us do.  Are they obnoxious?  Sure.  Isn't that part of the fun?

Would it mean more to you if Wisconsin went to the title game than it would to me if USC went back to a title game? 
    How do you know?  (It might...but how do I know & how do you know?)

The blanket statements made here crack me up.

I love college football -- that people feel so strongly about it is a beautiful thing.  Keep hating -- it is a strong emotion, at least, and it makes things fun!
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    I didn't think Ohio State or Alabama really "deserved" to get in.  Alabama weak resume plus not winning their conference and Ohio States loss to Iowa.  Plus with JT at QB the buckeyes offense was mediocre at best against USC.  The Defense won that game.

Yes I know OSU got in last year without winning the Big 10 but they were #2 two going into the Michigan game and beat OU on the road.  Washington kept PSU out last year not the Buckeyes.

Back to this year I didn't think Alabama looked all that impressive the other night.  It was more how shitty Clemson looked.  Maybe they were the ones that should of been left out.  I know this is lame reasoning but take away the two pics in the 3rd and that was a 10-6 crappy football game.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    KC138045 said:
    I didn't think Ohio State or Alabama really "deserved" to get in.  Alabama weak resume plus not winning their conference and Ohio States loss to Iowa.  Plus with JT at QB the buckeyes offense was mediocre at best against USC.  The Defense won that game.

Yes I know OSU got in last year without winning the Big 10 but they were #2 two going into the Michigan game and beat OU on the road.  Washington kept PSU out last year not the Buckeyes.

Back to this year I didn't think Alabama looked all that impressive the other night.  It was more how shitty Clemson looked.  Maybe they were the ones that should of been left out.  I know this is lame reasoning but take away the two pics in the 3rd and that was a 10-6 crappy football game.

so who would you have voted for?

UCF?  :lol:

Bama played the best defensive game of their season (so far) on Monday night.

it helped getting 3 of our linebackers back.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

ehbacon said:
    Just as an FYI, being an Alabama fan is a birthright. It is in their bloodline. Through good and bad times. 
    I see the same thing with many of the programs out there. 
    You have no idea of what you speak. I suggest you get some age and experience on you before shooting off your mouth like that.