Options

So no holiday single at all in 2017.

123457»

Comments

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
    Showbiz78 said:
    does anyone really join this club for deep and the single? i joined for one reason only: the chance for great seats. the rest is just bonus
    The chance of great seats makes bugger all difference because I always go GA. I hate sitting at a show.
    I joined up for the single, and have kept my analogue membership despite the price rise mainly for the single and vault releases. 
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    pjfan98pjfan98 Posts: 50
    pjfan98 said:
    I’ll say it again because it is simple. You pay for something you expect to get what you paid for in a timely fashion. We all love this band. Wouldn’t be on here if we didn’t.  It is a simple obligation from a consumer standpoint to provide us with what we paid for each year. It can not be glossed over or apologized for or whatever term you want to use.  If it is the people running the club or the band that is causing the delay. They need to hear or in this case read that people are unhappy. I’d like to think they still care whoever they may be. Just treat your members who pay hard earned money to stay in this club, the respect and goods they deserve and stop with the lackadaisical attitude or at least give a reasonable explanation as to the cause of all the delays. I feel after twenty five years and thousands of dollars spent, yes by choice, that I at least am entitled to that. And if you don’t like the term entitled then tell me what would be more appropriate........

You are correct; however, this laissez-faire attitude is nothing new. The 10C operation isn't going to change because people want them to. They're doing it as they see fit to do it.

So, the consumer has a choice to make- pay their dues knowing what to expect or don't pay and avoid the situation.

So 'choice' is the best term to use in my mind.
    Just becuse the "laissez-faire attitude is nothing new", or because it "isn't going to change" doesn't make it right or mean that we have to accept it.

We do have a 'choice' - and it doesn't have to be either continuing to pay dues and accepting everything as is, or simply not paying and leaving the fan club.

Let me present a third option: remaining a member, while holding the fan club and its management accountable to provide PAID FOR goods and services within a reasonable amount of time, and to communicate and provide some sense of customer service for their DUES PAYING MEMBERS. Saying that poor service is par for the course, and that it's a "take it or leave it" situation is complete B.S.

• Options
    pjfan98pjfan98 Posts: 50
    100 % agree. It’s gone on way too long 
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,771
    There are a few photos of emails going around Facebook.

10C basically says that this is the 2016 single and the 2017 will be sent in due time.

So the 2016 single says 2017 on it. We all have a few options:
    1) Not let this interrupt our lives.
    2) Do a mental substitution and let the next single be the 2016 and this is the 2017.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 479

10C basically says that this is the 2016 single and the 2017 will be sent in due time.

2) Do a mental substitution and let the next single be the 2016 and this is the 2017.
    3. Be grateful it's finally arrived (or on it's way) and wait until June or so before demanding info on the 2017 single.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    the problem with the "then don't renew your membership" argument is that they provide a service that literally no one else provides. Access to tickets to your favourite band, and their fan club merch that you can only get here or on ebay later for a usually inflated price and a risk that goes along with those transactions. 

sorry, I just don't buy the 'i can't get worked up about $20". that's laughable and it's presented as being on some moral high ground when all it is, is it's because your fan club priorities are different than others (message board, just tickets, etc). Maybe you don't care about the vinyl. Good for you. Some of us love the annual vinyl. And some of us don't get to see the band, so our entire member fee is basically the vinyl and the shirt and the remote possibility the band will come to our neck of the woods. We look forward to it every year. and it's inexplicable that a band, especially with how inactive they are, can't get it done. and if there are legit reasons, fine, but it's the lack of communication that pisses people off. they continually say nothing or say something that turns out to be flat out false. the "you'll know when the single is in production when you see the tracks in your download section of your account" is the latest in a long list of things stated that turn out to be untrue. 

everyone knows there is an inherent risk to not renewing your membership. something amazing comes up and now you aren't a member.  they don't "tweet" warnings about memberships being up to date anymore. Shit just drops. you never know with this band, which is why most people keep their memberships. Which is also why a large proportion have gone digital, so they aren't throwing their money away on something they think they may not get. 

it's tough to know if this is a 10C issue or a band issue. It could be both. It could be one or the other. No one really knows how this organization is structured. Maybe the band's management tells 10C what they can and can't say to the membership. Maybe they are autonomous. Who knows. 

But this blind loyalty "take my money, you've earned it" bullshit is hilarious. My wife has earned my loyalty over the years too, but if she takes $20 out of my wallet, damn straight I'm gonna ask her about it. 
    1. Yes, they do. Each person needs to make the determination if what they weigh as benefits and drawbacks balance out.
    2. I assure you that I do care about the vinyl. I have an analog membership and am waiting for the vinyl and Deep just like most everyone else with the same membership level. 
    3. I haven't checked their timecards, but I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't term them as "inactive." They have spouses and children (including Jeff who has helped villages of kids with his skateparks) but that doesn't mean that they are inactive. They have side projects, have toured solo or TOTD or with other bands... And, if they sit a spell to just smell the roses, I personally won't argue. 
    4. I would tell my 14 year old that it is responsibility. She has a cellphone and I would encourage her to use the year reminder on her calendar. My guess is that there is also an app for that. 
    5. They aren't taking money out of your wallet. You are giving it to them. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,058
    Why do people turn shit into bigger things than they are?  It’s real simple. I chose analog membership for all the benefits, including an exclusive vinyl (I love records. Especially from my favorite band). When it’s not delivered in the time frame it should be I think it’s ok to be slightly annoyed and call out the 10c and/or band on it. I’m not worried about it or losing sleep or any of this other extreme bullshit people are saying. Of course we understand there are starving children and other larger problems. Hell I don’t even feel like people are really bitching rather just stating things could be handled better. For me I just get excited about the single and are looking forward to it. It’d be nice if it was somewhat on time. Oh well can’t wait to here the chuck berry cover when it arrives. Peace. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,001

"in due time" would have been last month...so that isn't true.
  • Options
    bigjilmbigjilm Sea Posts: 184
    Is this still going on? Damn
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 479
    Showbiz78 said:
    does anyone really join this club for deep and the single? i joined for one reason only: the chance for great seats. the rest is just bonus
    Probably already been answered, but yes. I do. They tour New Zealand so infrequently there’s no point for tickets. Since I’ve been a member (17 years or so) they have played here twice, and one of those times was a festival event with no Tenclub tickets.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    DW139059DW139059 Posts: 353
    Ive got the digital membership, and prefer buying the single when it lands in the shop... When the flippity bip is THAT happening??   :s
    Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    deadendp said:
    the problem with the "then don't renew your membership" argument is that they provide a service that literally no one else provides. Access to tickets to your favourite band, and their fan club merch that you can only get here or on ebay later for a usually inflated price and a risk that goes along with those transactions. 

sorry, I just don't buy the 'i can't get worked up about $20". that's laughable and it's presented as being on some moral high ground when all it is, is it's because your fan club priorities are different than others (message board, just tickets, etc). Maybe you don't care about the vinyl. Good for you. Some of us love the annual vinyl. And some of us don't get to see the band, so our entire member fee is basically the vinyl and the shirt and the remote possibility the band will come to our neck of the woods. We look forward to it every year. and it's inexplicable that a band, especially with how inactive they are, can't get it done. and if there are legit reasons, fine, but it's the lack of communication that pisses people off. they continually say nothing or say something that turns out to be flat out false. the "you'll know when the single is in production when you see the tracks in your download section of your account" is the latest in a long list of things stated that turn out to be untrue. 

everyone knows there is an inherent risk to not renewing your membership. something amazing comes up and now you aren't a member.  they don't "tweet" warnings about memberships being up to date anymore. Shit just drops. you never know with this band, which is why most people keep their memberships. Which is also why a large proportion have gone digital, so they aren't throwing their money away on something they think they may not get. 

it's tough to know if this is a 10C issue or a band issue. It could be both. It could be one or the other. No one really knows how this organization is structured. Maybe the band's management tells 10C what they can and can't say to the membership. Maybe they are autonomous. Who knows. 

But this blind loyalty "take my money, you've earned it" bullshit is hilarious. My wife has earned my loyalty over the years too, but if she takes $20 out of my wallet, damn straight I'm gonna ask her about it. 
    1. Yes, they do. Each person needs to make the determination if what they weigh as benefits and drawbacks balance out.
    2. I assure you that I do care about the vinyl. I have an analog membership and am waiting for the vinyl and Deep just like most everyone else with the same membership level. 
    3. I haven't checked their timecards, but I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't term them as "inactive." They have spouses and children (including Jeff who has helped villages of kids with his skateparks) but that doesn't mean that they are inactive. They have side projects, have toured solo or TOTD or with other bands... And, if they sit a spell to just smell the roses, I personally won't argue. 
    4. I would tell my 14 year old that it is responsibility. She has a cellphone and I would encourage her to use the year reminder on her calendar. My guess is that there is also an app for that. 
    5. They aren't taking money out of your wallet. You are giving it to them. 
    1) yeah, no shit. which is why most of us are still here. but that doesn't preclude anyone from saying anything even if they decide to remain a member. it's also up to each member to decide if it is ok with them that the band is taking money for something they aren't rendering a service or good for (yet). which you are. fine. but don't begrudge others for having a different opinion than yours. 
    3) I said "how inactive they are", which means how much band activity there is when compared to past years. I know what they do on the side. Props to them. I'm just saying, they used to be WAY more active as a band, while still involved in philanthropic activities and still got their fan club shit together.
    4) you misunderstood #4, but thanks for the backhanded comment. real classy. I was talking about how they don't warn about a tour announcement. so you if you let your membership lapse, there is no recourse. 
    5) yes, I am giving it to them. FOR GOODS AND SERVICES WHICH HAVE NOT BEEN RENDERED. it's really not that difficult to understand. 

now, apparently it's come about that the single is coming, and 2017 is on its way. However, we have heard this many many times before. and the digital files are still not in anyone's accounts, which they said they would be prior to the single being sent. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    dankind said:

WORD

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633
    January 3rd, thinks he got a single
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited January 2018
    lolobugg said:
    dankind said:

WORD
    I saw that stupid fuck nearly every day on my lunch break. Of course, they all cleared out once it got a little chilly. 

I bet those who actually have to work for a living are management consultants and advertising agents now.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked and answered already, but I'm not able to find the digital version of the Deep mag or single anywhere. I've looked everywhere I know to look. Is the digital version not available yet?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,916
    PJ_Soul said:
    Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked and answered already, but I'm not able to find the digital version of the Deep mag or single anywhere. I've looked everywhere I know to look. Is the digital version not available yet?
    Nope, not yet. It is very strange.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    JimmyV said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Thanks! Yeah, that is strange.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    E.K said:
    I'm a Digital member and haven't received a Deep Magazine or a Single to download since 2015.  If this continues I won't be renewing my membership when it's due on November 30, 2018. :angry:

The 2016 is the one you'll be able to download soon. You'll then be back on schedule.
    Ok .. thanks
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    PJ_Soul said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Thanks! Yeah, that is strange.
    Have been trying too as I'm a DIgital member.  I might email the Ten Club and ask