NCAA College Football -

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    I didn’t see a “person of color” in the entire sconnie cheering section.
    Bro, you live in Utah 

more bro’s in the stands at a Ute game.
    racist
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Wobbie said:
    I didn’t see a “person of color” in the entire sconnie cheering section.

But I'm guessing you did see a lot of red necks, mullets and jorts.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    damn what's the Wisco hate? Are people bitter because we lost and let Alabama into the playoffs? If so, I respect that.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    ehbacon said:
    damn what's the Wisco hate? Are people bitter because we lost and let Alabama into the playoffs? If so, I respect that.
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Trust me when I say no one but you wanted to see Wisconsin in the playoffs.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    Easy now, it was just a joke. It was really just stuff to trash talk about as we make jokes about Packers fans. A little sports ribbing, if you will. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    ehbacon said:
    That is very untrue. Given the option of getting to watch Wisconsin or Alabama in the playoffs, literally every college football fan outside of Alabama would have picked Wisconsin. Nobody likes Alabama and it is a joke that they got into the playoff over OSU, who have proven that they were a worthy team.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    ehbacon said:
    ehbacon said:
    That is very untrue. Given the option of getting to watch Wisconsin or Alabama in the playoffs, literally every college football fan outside of Alabama would have picked Wisconsin. Nobody likes Alabama and it is a joke that they got into the playoff over OSU, who have proven that they were a worthy team.
    except for the Iowa game.....

as a resident of Columbus aka Buckeye Central , we were too inconsistant over the year to have earned a spot imo. THEN theres the Iowa game. We went to the bowl we should have.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    and of course Shittygan fucks up the sweep.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    mickeyrat said:
    They had us beat. Still can't believe we scored 23 unanswered.
    Michigan why are you the way that you are? 

But awesome for UCF. Awesome to see the terribly overrated SEC fall on their faces in the bowl games, while the B1G shoves a big finger in the face of the committee by dominating. Glorious
    mickeyrat said:
    They had us beat. Still can't believe we scored 23 unanswered.
    every other team in the Big 10 can believe it.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I would pick Alabama.
    Although, I was very impressed that they beat Miami in Miami.

UCF!

The Rose Bowl is damn exciting, again.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    What a wild game.  If Oklahoma had any sort of D, they win that game easily.
    ehbacon said:

But awesome for UCF. Awesome to see the terribly overrated SEC fall on their faces in the bowl games, while the B1G shoves a big finger in the face of the committee by dominating. Glorious
    I'm not sure there is any need or legitimate reason for B1G fans to want to put a finger in the face of the committee. Their job is not to pick the 4 teams that people nationwide want to watch in the CFP. Their job is to pick the four best teams to get in the playoffs. 
    I would pick Alabama.

UCF!

You would rather see Alabama then Wisconsin in the CFP? I'm not asking who you think would win, but who you would just rather watch in the playoffs. An Alabama team that is in the top 4 basically every year and has been for decades, or a team that has never been to the national championship? Every college football fan outside Alabama would rather Wisconsin be in it. And that's not just me being a homer, switch them out with any similar team and It's the truth still. 
    ehbacon said:
    I would pick Alabama.

UCF!

You would rather see Alabama then Wisconsin in the CFP? I'm not asking who you think would win, but who you would just rather watch in the playoffs. An Alabama team that is in the top 4 basically every year and has been for decades, or a team that has never been to the national championship? Every college football fan outside Alabama would rather Wisconsin be in it. And that's not just me being a homer, switch them out with any similar team and It's the truth still. 
    I want the top 4 teams in the CFP. I think they got it right this year, so yes, I wanted Alabama in over Wisconsin. And I don't live in Alabama.
  • ehbacon said:
    I would pick Alabama.

UCF!

I want the top 4 teams in the CFP. I think they got it right this year, so yes, I wanted Alabama in over Wisconsin. And I don't live in Alabama.
    Same. And I would've picked UCF over Wisconsin if it came to that. 
    I'm through with screaming
  • Speaking as an old person who is usually in bed by 10p, why did the Sugar Bowl have such a late start time? Clemson needs to hurry up and lose. 
    I'm through with screaming
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Speaking as an old person who is usually in bed by 10p, why did the Sugar Bowl have such a late start time? Clemson needs to hurry up and lose. 
    I think your safe to go to bed lol. Clemson looks like crap. 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    Speaking as an old person who is usually in bed by 10p, why did the Sugar Bowl have such a late start time? Clemson needs to hurry up and lose. 
    ESPN didn't want the 2 CFP games overlapping (overtime messed that up lol).

They should have started the Rose Bowl earlier imo.
    edited January 2018
    I'm not talking about deserving to get in. You obviously aren't following the conversation. 

It all starting with some jabs at Wisconsin, I said "are you guys just bitter because we lost and let Alabama into the playoffs?" Then someone replied that nobody wanted Wisconsin to win and go to the playoffs except Wisconsin fans, which I said is untrue because basically every college football fan I've ever met hates Alabama and would want them to not make the playoffs. This is a hypothetical situation. In this hypothetical, either Wisconsin wins and gets in, or they lose and Alabama gets in. You cannot possibly tell me that you would rather have seen Wisconsin lose and Alabama get in. I refuse to believe it.

It's the same question as what would you rather see, the Bills make the super bowl or the Patriots. NOBODY would rather see the Patriots in another super bowl.

and this CFP has sucked btw. Two SEC teams in the championship? I don't even know if I'll watch. Just covering up the overall weakness of the conference this bowl season. Alabama is still overrated, Clemson looks like the Syracuse Clemson. Beating themselves.
    Post edited by ehbacon on
    If you're taking away all the circumstances for this year, and it's just Bama or Wisky, I'd rather see Bama. Just because you refuse to believe something doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
    edited January 2018
    ehbacon said:

Looks like the terribly overrated SEC fell right on their faces to the national title game. 
    Oops, our bad.

Also no matter which team people cheer for they still want the best top 4 teams in the CFP. Doesn't matter if the team has been there before or not. You have a lot to learn grasshopper.

Oh and one last thing....
    ROLL TIDE!!!!!!
    Post edited by northerndragon on

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    SEC is still overrated. Clemson played their worst game today, Bama beating that Clemson team means nothing. Any of the top 10 could've beat Clemson the way the played today, unimpressive. Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Penn State all would have handled Clemson the same way. 

Georgia did what they had to do, they stayed with Oklahoma (who has one of if not the worst defense in the top 25) long enough to get to overtime and made it happen there. Mayfield being ill meant that the Oklahoma defense needed to step up, but they just didn't. A healthy Mayfield and that is an entirely different game.

And the worst part is that it distracts from the fact that the rest of the SEC performed terribly in their bowls. LSU and Auburn are supposed to be elite in the SEC, both lost. Auburn got steamrolled by UCF. Pathetic. 

There are two reason the B1G was left out of the CFP. 

Number 1: They voted for Alabama's name. Before the final vote, Alabama had played absolutely nobody. They played Auburn and got steamrolled, and Auburn turned out to be terribly overrated as well. They got in because for decades they've been great. Ohio State had one of the most difficult schedules a college team can have, and they only came in with 2 losses; neither of which recent. Alabama lost their LAST GAME OF THE SEASON. A team that loses to the only decent team they play all year, doesn't make their conference championship, and loses their last game DOES NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. EVER. They got in because they are Alabama. 

Number 2: The B1G's top 3 teams were all so good that they knocked themselves out of the playoffs. Penn State lost to OSU by 1 point in one of the best games of the year (and following a questionable 4th down conversion spot), and lost to Michigan St. at the last second on a game so ridiculous that it should just be thrown out and never mentioned again. Wisconsin lost to Ohio State. Ohio State, again, had the hardest schedule a college team could have. Georgia and Alabama were the only two good teams in the conference, and they did not play each other this year. Georgia earned there way to where they are, but Alabama absolutely did not.
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    So um like i said. Georgia#1 Bama #2

I'm an alabama fan who was rooting for wisconsin in the big ten title game. Go figure ? 
    I make no sense. 

Happy bama to ya
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Sorry brother but yes....I do not live in Bama and am not a Bama fan....but I would rather see Bama in than Wisconsin if all things are equal.
    I would also rather see the Patriots in the Super Bowl than the Bills. (Not a Pats fan either.)
    I appreciate excellence
    Some mock it, grow to hate it, or just plain tire of it
    ...but I appreciate it.  

This is no attack on WI, nor on the Bills - but neither of them demonstrate excellence in football over time.   Few teams in history have done so like Bama and Patriots
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I can only imagine the pools of jizz drying up over at E(SEC)PN studios right now.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Sorry brother but yes....I do not live in Bama and am not a Bama fan....but I would rather see Bama in than Wisconsin if all things are equal.
    I would also rather see the Patriots in the Super Bowl than the Bills. (Not a Pats fan either.)
    I appreciate excellence
    Some mock it, grow to hate it, or just plain tire of it
    ...but I appreciate it.  

This is no attack on WI, nor on the Bills - but neither of them demonstrate excellence in football over time.   Few teams in history have done so like Bama and Patriots

Yep.  Would much rather see Bama than Wisconsin.  Because Bama is a much better team.  Plain and simple.
    I can only imagine the pools of jizz drying up over at E(SEC)PN studios right now.
    It hasn't had a chance to dry, they are still going off. :lol:

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    It hasn't had a chance to dry, they are still going off. :lol:
    No doubt!!

I guess go Tide?  Cuz fuck Georgia!