Options

What Veddermas Means to Me!

I would like to take a moment and remind the good folks here about the true meaning of Veddermas.  In this seemingly time of world wide suicide, it’s easy to forget the true reason for the season.  No, it’s not about attending midnight mass at Easy Street Records or gifting Pearl Jam Flags or Socks.  It’s certainly not about receiving some flimsy little vinyl single that you will surely forget about by the next week. 

No, that is not for you.

Behold, trom the Gospel 10:2010::

And, ole, it all began some time ago in the small town of Evanston, where our savior was visited by three wise men: Neil, Pete, and Joey.  They brought our man of the hour the gifts of introspection, consideration, and indignation. 

With these gifts, Eddie grew older and met some apostles named Mathew, Michael, Jeffrey, and Peter (from the Greek word πέτρος (petros) meaning “rock” or "stone").[ With the help of these men, Eddie soon began to raise the musically, socially dead to live again, made the deaf to hear, made the lame to jump around, cast out the demons, turned the tables on a monstrous corporation, made food for five thousand from a few fat chords, stilled the oceans during a tumultuous political storm, and walked upon water with his surfboard. 

Soon after, Eddie was surprised to learn, like an unthought known, that he was not his father’s son.  It came as a shock to learn that his real father was actually a musical god, a virtual tremor Christ. 

And to this, a wave came crashing.  It was like a fist to the jaw. 

It delivered him wings to which he declareth, “Hey, look at me now!” 

With his arms wide open and the sea as his floor he declareth, “O’ Powr’ O’.” 

And so he flew.

Once, during a yellow moon, he floated back down ‘cause he wanted to share his key to the locks on the chains that he saw everywhere. 

But first he was stripped and then he was stabbed by faceless men!

Well, fuckers, and behold, he still stands!

And Lo, he still gives his love, he just gives it away: the love he receives is the love that is saved.

And, sometimes, on a clear December 23rd, one may see a strange spot in the sky.

Do not soon forget that it is merely a human being, yet one that was given to fly!

In the end, he may be sick o’ pussies, and lying in Satan’s bed, but he is here to save you, his strangest tribe.  So spin that black circle you angels and animals and bugs and daughters and elderly women.  And go do the evolution down in my tree with the leatherman, the nothingman, and the better man.  And remember, on this holy or holiest nights, to mind your manners, release your grievance and indifference, go place a marker in the sand, and take stock in knowing that you are still alive and you may thank this man who was of the earth. 

The faithfull must only follow the footsteps.

But, alas, let me sleep … it’s Veddermas time.

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    :lol: My kind o' religion!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    Priceless! :clap:
    And go do the evolution down in my tree with the leatherman, the nothingman, and the better man.
    :plus_one:

Merry Christmas Pete! :star:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Great story. Happy New Year :joy: