RIP Chris Cornell

Comments

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    I just watched Audio Slave: Live in Cuba tonight.  A really fun watch.  Not the best visuals, they are a bit clunky, but the Audio is really well done.  They played AudioSlave, SoundGarden & Rage songs at that show.  Amazing.  Loved the instrumental version of Bulls on Parade.  He looks so young and vital in that movie.  Makes me sad of what we lost.  I saw Chris Solo and in SoundGarden, but I never did see Temple of the Dog or Audio Slave Live.  A couple huge holes in my concert list.  Still hurts to think about.  I'll always miss him.
    So sorry.

IMO- you didn't miss much not seeing Audioslave.

Temple on the other hand was as close to a religious experience I have had in a long time.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Chris solo is still the best live show of any kind I've whitnessed without exception.I ve been to so many gigs but nothing will top his talent to command a room. I cry listening to him. Mind i did before he died. But i do hear the pain in some of his songs always. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Fox Theatre, Detroit, 2017.

Merry Xmas guys. Be good to each other ❤️

• edited December 2017
    Post edited by dancinacrossthewater on
  • edited December 2017
  • Now spinning

• ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    All night thing 
  • He never said nothing to me ❤️
  • edited December 2017
    Now spinning

NICE!!! i want this

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• lolobugg said:
    Now spinning

NICE!!! i want this
    It’s so good man. The acoustic Like Suicide is so essential. And the artwork is beautiful.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    lolobugg said:
    Now spinning

NICE!!! i want this
    @lolobugg
    My local has one for $44 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • I agree a wonderful item in its entirety. Art stunning. Its a must have. And that price above is great
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,944
    lolobugg said:
    Now spinning

NICE!!! i want this
    It’s so good man. The acoustic Like Suicide is so essential. And the artwork is beautiful.
    My first encounter with the acoustic Like Suicide was this wierd EP called Alive in the Superunknown.   It had a handful of songs and some cd-rom content.  I've still got it around here somewhere.  Definitely played the crap out of it when I found it.
  • lolobugg said:
    I just watched Audio Slave: Live in Cuba tonight.  A really fun watch.  Not the best visuals, they are a bit clunky, but the Audio is really well done.  They played AudioSlave, SoundGarden & Rage songs at that show.  Amazing.  Loved the instrumental version of Bulls on Parade.  He looks so young and vital in that movie.  Makes me sad of what we lost.  I saw Chris Solo and in SoundGarden, but I never did see Temple of the Dog or Audio Slave Live.  A couple huge holes in my concert list.  Still hurts to think about.  I'll always miss him.
    So sorry.

Temple on the other hand was as close to a religious experience I have had in a long time.

Wow, the only time I saw Audioslave was during the Out of Exile tour and it was easily a top ten show for me. Audioslave, Rage and Soundgarden songs!
    looking to hear of the earth
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    lolobugg said:
    So sorry.

I would agree with the Audioslave sentiment. The best part of that show was when it was just him on stage doing his solo acoustic songs. 

I would give up half of my past shows to have experienced TOTD. I will kick myself till my dying day for uttering the words 'I'll catch them next tour". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Zod said:
    lolobugg said:
    Now spinning

NICE!!! i want this
    My first encounter with the acoustic Like Suicide was this wierd EP called Alive in the Superunknown.   It had a handful of songs and some cd-rom content.  I've still got it around here somewhere.  Definitely played the crap out of it when I found it.
    I still have that too. I was so incredibly excited when I found it years ago. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

lolobugg said:
    So sorry.

Wow, the only time I saw Audioslave was during the Out of Exile tour and it was easily a top ten show for me. Audioslave, Rage and Soundgarden songs!
    that was at Chris's low point with his voice. it wasn't holding up well in the mid-oughts. I wasn't a big fan of him doing Rage songs. Didn't fit well. I did like Audioslave, but not as much as all his other stuff. His Songbook tour was one of my all time concert highlights (2nd row on the floor, he smiled and waved to me-such a fanboy). 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

lolobugg said:
    Now spinning

NICE!!! i want this
    @lolobugg
    My local has one for $44 

Nice price. I am gonna check my local shop in case.

does your local store do mailorder?

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• edited January 2018

I would give up half of my past shows to have experienced TOTD. I will kick myself till my dying day for uttering the words 'I'll catch them next tour". 
    I've said it before but to be more explicit it was absolutely no coincidence that the Temple shows were so close so the end of Chris's life on earth.

The best thing to do for now with the Temple shows is to enjoy the mp3 recordings and Youtube vids until a possible official release
  • edited January 2018

• Hands are for shaking...no not tying 

I've said it before but to be more explicit it was absolutely no coincidence that the Temple shows were so close so the end of Chris's life on earth.

The best thing to do for now with the Temple shows is to enjoy the mp3 recordings and Youtube vids until a possible official release
    I have seen you say this before, and I still don't think I understand what you mean by it. How it is no coincidence?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• I would give up half of my past shows to have experienced TOTD. I will kick myself till my dying day for uttering the words 'I'll catch them next tour". 

I have seen you say this before, and I still don't think I understand what you mean by it. How it is no coincidence?
    I think Chris felt a sense of completeness or fulfillment after the TOTD tour that honestly he hadn’t felt before. He spoke about the tour being finally the dealing with Andy’s passing.

So why would someone hurt themselves if they recently experienced a kind of peace they hadn’t previously? This is a complicated question but when it comes to pain and depression there’s not an obvious answer. Sometimes after you achieve something you’ve been waiting a long time to do it can be difficult to return to the routine.

Its interesting because the feel of the final SG tour had  a kind of summing up feel to it as well at points - a lot of reflections on what the songs meant when they were written and whether the meaning had changed at all in the intervening 30 years (see the excellent pro shot vid of Incessant Mace from Fort Myers, Florida on YouTube).

I think he had a lot of future plans that don't jive with the "no coincidence" theory. But that's just my take. We'll never know. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• For sure man. I’m not saying what happened in Detroit was premeditated in a conscious way. I don’t think it was. I think the human heart works in complex ways and there was a lot about Chris’s last couple years - the Higher Truth album and tour, the TOTD tour, The Promise, that felt something like a man completing his life’s work, or at least making a very definitive statement. I’m not saying it doesn’t feel like he had a lot more to give, because oh boy did he have a lot to give.

the 3 song appearance in April 2017 on CBS is also definitive and a must watch - The Promise, Higher Truth, and Black Hole Sun.
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    I love you Chris
    Could've been there in 10 minutes or so
    I feel so low. I want you to know. 

You are the greatest. 
  • edited January 2018
    In my heart I will hold what my bloody hands have dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4RTRCrZIN8&feature=share