2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Everyone keep fishing around for more rumors/dates please!
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    JojoRice said:
    I think next month could hopefully be exciting as far as announcements go. January is usually a good month for summer/fall concert announcements. 
    I've noticed many artist announcing fall arena tours already. 
    What worries me is the lack of arena rumors. Where's the guy with a friend who works at the local arena?!?! Spill the beans!
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    JojoRice said:
    I think next month could hopefully be exciting as far as announcements go. January is usually a good month for summer/fall concert announcements. 
    What worries me is the lack of arena rumors. Where's the guy with a friend who works at the local arena?!?! Spill the beans!
    I’m getting a little nervous myself that maybe there is only a few stadium shows. Better than nothing for sure, but would definitely prefer an arena tour. I feel like we would be hearing some rumors now if things were in the works. Maybe it’s still too early and rumors will start in early spring. It just seems like last tour we had tons of rumors way in advance. 
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I'm not holding my breath for an arena tour... maybe some ampitheaters sprinkled in though?
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,992
    3days said:
    derbydave said:
    DEGBTI said:
    thank you guys, but to make it even more tricky, I would want to do both nights at say safeco and wrigley. Of course I would wish for GA both nights at both locations. So based on what you are telling me, and Safeco is my first choice to go to, I would do this?

1. Safeco night one GA
    2. Safeco night two reserved
    3. Wrigley night one reserved
    4. Wrigley night two reserved
    ??
    thanks

That is your best bet...
    but watch the odds and see if Safeco Night 2 has better GA odds than Night 1.
    If it's like the past lotteries,
    you won't get GA unless it is your first choice.

I don't think that this is bad advice, but I would make another suggestion. 

For the Wrigley/Fenway lottery in 2016, a bunch of people won Wrigley GA with both of their first 2 picks. Furthermore, people were still pulling Wrigley reserved seats with their third and fourth picks. Some people won tickets to both Wrigley and both Fenway shows.

Therefore, I would pick GA with AT LEAST your first 2 priority picks (possibly third pick also). I'm suggesting this based on the fact that you want GA. It still gives you a solid crack at reserved tickets with picks 3 through 6. (Especially IF this lottery is for 3 cities and 6 shows).
    I don't know about Wrigley 2....my wife did get GA with her 1st pick. But Wrigley 1 GA was my first choice in the lottery and I lost. Wrigley 1 Reserved was my 2nd choice and I did get that. So Wrigley 1 GA did not even get through the first choicers. I wouldn't suggest loading up on early GA entries. I did that in the 2014 tour and I missed out on tickets to St. Louis and Milwaukee as a result. I ended up buying tickets for St. Louis off stubhub.
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,344
    So what are hotel prices like in Seattle for the summer.  Airfare will be crazy.  Maybe I'll try Airbnb to save some $$$.  
    I usually stay near the airport where the hotels are much cheaper and take the light rail into town, there is a stop right at Safeco Field.  I think its $9 for a day pass
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Sarava said:
    3days said:
    derbydave said:
    DEGBTI said:
    thank you guys, but to make it even more tricky, I would want to do both nights at say safeco and wrigley. Of course I would wish for GA both nights at both locations. So based on what you are telling me, and Safeco is my first choice to go to, I would do this?

1. Safeco night one GA
    ??
    thanks

That is your best bet...

For the Wrigley/Fenway lottery in 2016, a bunch of people won Wrigley GA with both of their first 2 picks. Furthermore, people were still pulling Wrigley reserved seats with their third and fourth picks. Some people won tickets to both Wrigley and both Fenway shows.

Therefore, I would pick GA with AT LEAST your first 2 priority picks (possibly third pick also). I'm suggesting this based on the fact that you want GA. It still gives you a solid crack at reserved tickets with picks 3 through 6. (Especially IF this lottery is for 3 cities and 6 shows).
    I don't know about Wrigley 2....my wife did get GA with her 1st pick. But Wrigley 1 GA was my first choice in the lottery and I lost. Wrigley 1 Reserved was my 2nd choice and I did get that. So Wrigley 1 GA did not even get through the first choicers. I wouldn't suggest loading up on early GA entries. I did that in the 2014 tour and I missed out on tickets to St. Louis and Milwaukee as a result. I ended up buying tickets for St. Louis off stubhub.

If I am planning on doing a lot of shows on a tour, I tend to go for the sure thing!
    To me...it's more important to be "in the building" so I pay close attention to the odds,
    and make sure I have the harder tickets to score as my 1st or 2nd choices.
    Having a couple of good ticket buddies really helps too...
    we actually have ticket strategy meetings over brews to figure out who is putting in for which show.

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• vercemanverceman Posts: 679
    jmug23 said:
    JojoRice said:
    I’m getting a little nervous myself that maybe there is only a few stadium shows. Better than nothing for sure, but would definitely prefer an arena tour. I feel like we would be hearing some rumors now if things were in the works. Maybe it’s still too early and rumors will start in early spring. It just seems like last tour we had tons of rumors way in advance. 
    Following this thread since the beginning.  Seems like the US rumors are 3 stadiums in the summer (Seattle Chicago Boston) and a more extensive arena tour in the fall which includes at least one northwestern state besides Washington.
  • JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    So I know someone who works at the wells Fargo center (in Philly) who deals with very sensitive information. He often tells me if a band I like is coming usually months before it's announced cause the band will ask them to "hold" certain dates. So I shot him a text yesterday and he says pearl jam has nothing on Hold for next year at the wells Fargo center.
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430
    JM144705 said:
    So I know someone who works at the wells Fargo center (in Philly) who deals with very sensitive information. He often tells me if a band I like is coming usually months before it's announced cause the band will ask them to "hold" certain dates. So I shot him a text yesterday and he says pearl jam has nothing on Hold for next year at the wells Fargo center.
    Appreciate the heads up. I will never miss a Philly show moving forward. I didnt expect them to play there again this year, but thats good to know 
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    JM144705 said:
    Damn. Thanks for the info bud. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JM144705 said:
    Probably their favorite spot in the East... not good news for any of us hoping for East Coast dates... which is not too surprising after the 2016 tour
    I wouldn't say there's no hope for a show here in Philadelphia I would assume it just further fuels the stadium speculation though. 
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 873
    Sarava said:
    3days said:
    derbydave said:
    DEGBTI said:

1. Safeco night one GA
    ??
    thanks

That is your best bet...

how were the reserved seats at wrigley?
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited December 2017
    I hope that an Australian Tour will be announced soon ;)
    i_lov_it said:
    I hope that an Australian Tour will be announced soon ;)

Goodluck! I'm dying to go to Australia. There is a rumor of a WWE (yeah I'm a big wrestling fan) pay-per-view happening in October in Australia I'm considering going to. I looked up flight information it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.
  • kdiddykdiddy Posts: 733
    DEGBTI said:.
    I did Reserved seats for all three Wrigley shows, and they were great! both times were lower bow. Wrigley 1 our seats were between home and first base. great view! then for Wrigley 2 and 3, our reserved seats were between third base and home plate, within the same section both nights. again, great view still! I'll always stick with Reserved for the lottery. I did reserved for most 2014 shows except for one, where I did GA and I enjoyed the views from Reserved much more (which for those arena shows, i had great seats on the side of GA basically). Unless you're a tall persona or super duper close, GA is a neck strain.. Plus you don't get the full scope of the stage like you do from reserved. To each their own though!
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    DEGBTI said:
    Sarava said:
    3days said:
    derbydave said:
    DEGBTI said:

1. Safeco night one GA
    ??
    thanks

That is your best bet...

I have a 192xxx membership #, and was quite a ways back on the field. Maybe 30 to 35 rows behind the GA pit. 
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    I just booked my hotel for the weekend of 8/17 in Chicago. Here’s to hoping this is the right weekend!
  • Summer is the best time to tour North American arenas
    no NHL or NBA 
    Unfortunately summer of 2018 
    doesn’t look likely 
  • Does anybody remember from way back about the dude who worked with the Twins? I could see a Minnesota date as well.  Seeing it that Ed did his thing with the EB research there....
    10/30/2000 marysville ca, binaural
    10/20/2001; 10/21/2001 bsb 15, mt. view, ca
    6/1/2003 mt. view ca, riot act
    10/25/2003; 10/26/2003 bsb 17, mt. view, ca,
    7/16/2006 bill graham civic, san fran
    7/18/2006 bill graham civic, san fran
    10/21/2006; 10/22/2006 bsb 20, mt. view, ca,
    8/28/2009 golden gate park, outlands fest, sf
    10/23/2010; 10/24/2010,bsb 24, mt. view, ca,
    10/26/2012 bsb 26 ed solo, mt. view, ca,
    11/26/2013 oracle arena oakland, ca (my 30th bday),
    10/25/2014; 10/26/2014 bsb 28, mt. view, ca.
    8/13/2018 Missoula, MT Rock the Vote
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,292
    Does anybody remember from way back about the dude who worked with the Twins? I could see a Minnesota date as well.  Seeing it that Ed did his thing with the EB research there....
    Target Field hosts just one concert a year but ya i remember the Twins owner saying a couple years ago that PJ have an open invitation to play there.  Its up to them to want to do it.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,683
    I would doubt they will announce the tour prior to the tickets for the stadium shows going on sale. They like the stadium shows to be a big deal travel destination for everyone. Then shortly after we all commit to traveling for these few shows, they will announce the tour (wherever it is) so all the folks still local to the areas will buy for those shows as well. 

That way, if someone from California sees only shows in SEA, CHI, BOS they will be inclined to go for it. Then 2 weeks later, drop the remainder of their tour plans which may include shows in California, and the person who splurged for the ballpark shows will also most likely go ahead and get tix for the California shows as well.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,518
    DEGBTI said:
    Sarava said:
    3days said:
    derbydave said:
    DEGBTI said:

1. Safeco night one GA
    ??
    thanks

That is your best bet...

Sat 2nd and 3rd row just off center at both 2016 Wrigley shows. Way back but not too bad.
    Was right by Ed family 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    I would doubt they will announce the tour prior to the tickets for the stadium shows going on sale. They like the stadium shows to be a big deal travel destination for everyone. Then shortly after we all commit to traveling for these few shows, they will announce the tour (wherever it is) so all the folks still local to the areas will buy for those shows as well. 

That way, if someone from California sees only shows in SEA, CHI, BOS they will be inclined to go for it. Then 2 weeks later, drop the remainder of their tour plans which may include shows in California, and the person who splurged for the ballpark shows will also most likely go ahead and get tix for the California shows as well.
    Really hoping they go with the 2016 tour announcement as apposed to the 2013 style. They will sell out all 6 shows if these park shows are true no problem I would imagine even with the newness wearing off. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,613
    It’s been almost 2 full years since the last US show announcement.  Demand is at an all time high.  Any shows announced in January will sell out immediately.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    It’s been almost 2 full years since the last US show announcement.  Demand is at an all time high.  Any shows announced in January will sell out immediately.
    You are correct.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    so with the rumored stadium shows i'd love to see them at wrigley...question, what neighborhoods should I look into in chicago to book a room?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    mcgruff10 said:
    so with the rumored stadium shows i'd love to see them at wrigley...question, what neighborhoods should I look into in chicago to book a room?
    The Loop.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    mcgruff10 said:
    South Side is where the action is at.  Get a steal on room rates.  Just don't leave the bathroom.