2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,992
    DEGBTI said:
    Sarava said:
    I'd love to go to Safeco. But it sounds like they might be part of the same lottery, in which case I'll have to prioritize the hometown Wrigley shows.
    isnt each show treated as its own lottery? I thought the priority was what your seating options are for one particular show? So if I wanted to go to fenway, wrigley and safeco I would have to put down which show I want first? I thought it is basically a lock to get seats at all shows, just not necessarily you first priority of seats?
    Last year, the 2 Fenway shows and 2 Wrigley shows were part of the same lottery. And the entire southeast/east coast tour before that was one big lottery. So you have to pick your poison at some point.

We'll see when they do this, but it's hard to imagine these 3 ballparks won't share the same lottery. And from there - it seems unlikely we could score tickets on 3rd or 4th choices.
    DEGBTI said:
    Sarava said:
    I'd love to go to Safeco. But it sounds like they might be part of the same lottery, in which case I'll have to prioritize the hometown Wrigley shows.
    isnt each show treated as its own lottery? I thought the priority was what your seating options are for one particular show? So if I wanted to go to fenway, wrigley and safeco I would have to put down which show I want first? I thought it is basically a lock to get seats at all shows, just not necessarily you first priority of seats?
    To further clarify, no it is not a lock to get seats at all. Some people score tickets to 3 or 4 shows, some get shut out of everything. It's part needing good luck and it's also part using your choices wisely.

In all cases (assuming things stay the same as previous) - they will have GA and reserved selections for each show. In all cases, they divy up those particular sections to people who used their first choice on that selection. If there are still tickets remaining after the first choice people have all been taken care of, then they will start to give those out to people who used their 2nd choice on that selection. And so on if tickets are still available after the 2nd choice people have been taken care of.

Just a warning - in most cases in the USA shows, you only have a chance at GA in the first choice because more people will put in for GA than tickets are available. Picking GA with your first choice is a bit of a gamble, especially in high demand shows. Your chances might be way less than 50%, and if you do lose, that's a possible path to getting totally shut out. If you want the best chance to get seats, use your first choice for reserved tickets. That will rarely lose. and yes, if you get reserved tickets, they then give out the best seats to the low ten club number members, with the newest members getting the worst seats.

So assuming you are trying for multiple shows, and that they use the same GA/Reserved system as in the recent past...it's usually a good idea to use your 2nd, 3rd and 4th choices on Reserved selections. Picking Safeco GA with your 2nd choice is likely going to be a wasted 2nd choice, because the GA will likely be sold out to the people who used a first choice on Safeco GA.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    DEGBTI said:
    Sarava said:

No, you have to prioritize each show and seat type.  Definitely not a lock to get seats at all shows in the US.  For example, if you put your order as this:

1. Safeco - GA

2. Safeco - Seating

3. Wrigley - GA

4. Wrigley - Seating

5. Boston - GA

You will be unlikely to win Boston GA tickets as there would be four rounds of ticket drawings ahead of the 5th round draw that you would be in.

• derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I think the Fenway shows only had reserved seats...
    don't remember a GA option at all.
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

derbydave said:
    I think the Fenway shows only had reserved seats...
    don't remember a GA option at all.
    Good point. That show was the exception
    edited December 2017
    DEGBTI said:
    Sarava said:

No, you have to prioritize each show and seat type.  Definitely not a lock to get seats at all shows in the US.  For example, if you put your order as this:

1. Safeco - GA

2. Safeco - Seating

3. Wrigley - GA

4. Wrigley - Seating

5. Boston - GA

You will be unlikely to win Boston GA tickets as there would be four rounds of ticket drawings ahead of the 5th round draw that you would be in.

Getting back to my example earlier. If the above choices were the choices someone wanted to put in for shows, it would be a good idea to swap #3 and #4. It's virtually impossible to get GA with a #3 pick, so you may as well put reserved there where there might be a snowball's chance in hell of winning.
  • dconner50dconner50 Arkansas Posts: 14
    Really hoping they do put the stadiums and any possible arena shows on separate lotteries. In which case I'll put in top priority to Wrigley GA on the stadiums and just hope I get it and then on the arenas I can can hopefully get GA for whichever show I want with the top priority pick. If I get both, I'll go to both, but not gonna be super bummed about Wrigley unless they don't do any arena shows next year, which at this point looks unlikely.
    EV
    9/23/2017 Bourbon and Beyond Festival
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,859
    I hope they do Stadium & arena shows in separate lotteries again like in 2016. If not, I’ll adjust accordingly to the tour schedule.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    CopperTom said:
    Wow, the hotel nutjobs are out even earlier than usual this time.
    Why the hell am I a nutjob? To try and save some money? Even if they don't play that weekend and I still decide to take my family, it's a week-long vacation then for a decent price. I'm not going to Seattle just for a PJ show, but I'm not calling those that are nutjobs. 
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 873
    thank you guys, but to make it even more tricky, I would want to do both nights at say safeco and wrigley. Of course I would wish for GA both nights at both locations. So based on what you are telling me, and Safeco is my first choice to go to, I would do this?

1. Safeco night one GA
    2. Safeco night two reserved
    3. Wrigley night one reserved
    4. Wrigley night two reserved
    ??
    thanks
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,764
    I love you all bc you make me feel so normal!  Booking hotels and contemplating lottery picks BEFORE (possible WEEKS before) the announcement. We obviously need some tour time 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
    DEGBTI said:
    thank you guys, but to make it even more tricky, I would want to do both nights at say safeco and wrigley. Of course I would wish for GA both nights at both locations. So based on what you are telling me, and Safeco is my first choice to go to, I would do this?

1. Safeco night one GA
    ??
    thanks

That is your best bet...
    but watch the odds and see if Safeco Night 2 has better GA odds than Night 1.
    If it's like the past lotteries,
    you won't get GA unless it is your first choice.

'16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

derbydave said:
    DEGBTI said:

1. Safeco night one GA
    ??
    thanks

That is your best bet...

THANK YOU!
    Hope to see everyone on the road next summer/fall!!!

just booked my free cancellation hotel for Wrigley! Call me a nut job but I can cancel for 100%, actually I don't pay anyway until I show up. Can cancel for free up to only 24 hours in advance.
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    derbydave said:
    DEGBTI said:

1. Safeco night one GA
    ??
    thanks

That is your best bet...

I don't think that this is bad advice, but I would make another suggestion. 

For the Wrigley/Fenway lottery in 2016, a bunch of people won Wrigley GA with both of their first 2 picks. Furthermore, people were still pulling Wrigley reserved seats with their third and fourth picks. Some people won tickets to both Wrigley and both Fenway shows.

Therefore, I would pick GA with AT LEAST your first 2 priority picks (possibly third pick also). I'm suggesting this based on the fact that you want GA. It still gives you a solid crack at reserved tickets with picks 3 through 6. (Especially IF this lottery is for 3 cities and 6 shows).
    do GA lottery picks go to 10C members equally or to the ones who have been members the longest? That too can factor in for guys like me who have only been members for a year or two?
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,344
    edited December 2017
    thought the euro tour peeps might be interested:

nalyd61 :
    saw the show tonight.  Grabbed a ticket at the box office an hour before.  Show was very amazing.  And......
    Guy next to me worked for live nation/Netherlands.  
    Said they still have 2 on the books for Amsterdam.  
    did say doesn’t mean they won’t bail on night 2.  But booked at this point.
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/268303/springsteen-on-broadway-pj-amsterdam#latest

"Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,344
    DEGBTI said:
    do GA lottery picks go to 10C members equally or to the ones who have been members the longest? That too can factor in for guys like me who have only been members for a year or two?
    Everything is completely random.  Seniority only applies to seating order in the reserved sections
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    edited December 2017
    3days said:
    derbydave said:
    DEGBTI said:

1. Safeco night one GA
    ??
    thanks

That is your best bet...

For the Wrigley/Fenway lottery in 2016, a bunch of people won Wrigley GA with both of their first 2 picks. Furthermore, people were still pulling Wrigley reserved seats with their third and fourth picks. Some people won tickets to both Wrigley and both Fenway shows.

Therefore, I would pick GA with AT LEAST your first 2 priority picks (possibly third pick also). I'm suggesting this based on the fact that you want GA. It still gives you a solid crack at reserved tickets with picks 3 through 6. (Especially IF this lottery is for 3 cities and 6 shows).
    I am not saying this did not happen but my memory of the draw (which may be wrong) went like this. If you put Fenway 1 and 2 down as pick one and two you had very good odds of getting one show and very bad odds of getting both. No one got Fenway 1 as their second pick but some people got Fenway 2 as their second pick. Some people lost out on Fenway 1 as a first but still won Fenway 2 as a second and some lost all draws. As for Wrigley I do not think a bunch of people got GA for both nights. I would be surprised if anyone did considering some people put picks 1 and 2 as GA for night 1 and 2 and got zero tickets. It is risky to do this method. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    kerbjack said:1
    D-Rod said:
    Would it make more sense that they play Century Link Field and not Safeco?  The band partners with the Seahawks often on antipoverty initiatives.  Plus scheduling would be easier. Any thoughts?
    Funny, i had the same thought after my last post. I am pretty sure it will be Safeco though. PJ is yet ti play a huge football stadium in North America, and i dont think they will start soon. 70-80 thousand people vs 45 thousand for ballparks. 

They have used a Mariners logo on merch recently. The intimacy of ball parks is quite a bit different than a huge stadium like the Century Link. Feels like the band, Eddie especially has a tie to baseball. 
    What ball parks are intimate?  The majority of the crowd is still miles from the stage. I just hope it doesn't become the norm.

Soldier Field is the obvious exception...my bad! 

Ballparks are more intimate than football stadiums... it's all relative. 

These ballparks are looking for dates to fill, it's a bit of a fad these days days, like all things it will evolve into something else that will irritate us old buggers who long for things to never change... or we can just be happy we get some PJ in 2018!
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
    do you get two picks for each show? So could you say, Wrigley, night one, first choice GA, second choice reserved? So if you don't get GA will it automatically give you reserved? or just nothing at all for night one?
    Then do the same for night two so at least you get something for both nights. Or is it just one pick per night, if you don't get it, you get nothing at all for that particular night? Sorry for all the questions
    DEGBTI said:
    do you get two picks for each show? So could you say, Wrigley, night one, first choice GA, second choice reserved? So if you don't get GA will it automatically give you reserved? or just nothing at all for night one?
    Then do the same for night two so at least you get something for both nights. Or is it just one pick per night, if you don't get it, you get nothing at all for that particular night? Sorry for all the questions
    You can put back to back picks for the show on the same night and lose your first and win your second for sure. You just can't win twice for the same night. It is not automatic though and the odds play a huge roll. Historically night 1 has always had the lower odds for whatever reason so most stick with that as pick 1. I think it is smart on your second pick to choose night 2 reserved. 
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited December 2017
    Ballparks are great and all, but i need more rumors before this completely devolves into a lottery strategy guide :)
    PJNB said:
    DEGBTI said:
    You can put back to back picks for the show on the same night and lose your first and win your second for sure. You just can't win twice for the same night. It is not automatic though and the odds play a huge roll. Historically night 1 has always had the lower odds for whatever reason so most stick with that as pick 1. I think it is smart on your second pick to choose night 2 reserved. 

It also depends on what night the shows are scheduled...
    Wrigley 1 was a Saturday night and the demand was pretty high,
    Wrigley 2 was a Monday and some people were unable to get the time off necessary to stay for that one.

derbydave said:
    PJNB said:
    DEGBTI said:

Wrigley 2 was a Monday and some people were unable to get the time off necessary to stay for that one.

Which brings us back to talking about back to back nights! They get a week off at least between these shows so there will be plenty of time to recharge. Do it for the travellers and parents out there!
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,764
    PJNB said:
    derbydave said:
    PJNB said:
    DEGBTI said:

Which brings us back to talking about back to back nights! They get a week off at least between these shows so there will be plenty of time to recharge. Do it for the travellers and parents out there!
    Yes!!  I was only able to attend Wrigley 1 and fenway 2 exactly bc I couldn’t be away from kids that long. 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    So what are hotel prices like in Seattle for the summer.  Airfare will be crazy.  Maybe I'll try Airbnb to save some $$$.  
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    PJNB said:
    3days said:
    derbydave said:
    DEGBTI said:

1. Safeco night one GA
    ??
    thanks

That is your best bet...

I am not saying this did not happen but my memory of the draw (which may be wrong) went like this. If you put Fenway 1 and 2 down as pick one and two you had very good odds of getting one show and very bad odds of getting both. No one got Fenway 1 as their second pick but some people got Fenway 2 as their second pick. Some people lost out on Fenway 1 as a first but still won Fenway 2 as a second and some lost all draws. As for Wrigley I do not think a bunch of people got GA for both nights. I would be surprised if anyone did considering some people put picks 1 and 2 as GA for night 1 and 2 and got zero tickets. It is risky to do this method. 
    Fenway was tougher, and another kettle of fish, because of no GA; everyone was lumped into one drawing per show. Fenway shows required that you pick those shows with your first 2 choices.

I just glanced back at an old lottery thread for those shows. Multiple people on the thread reported getting both GA Wrigley with picks 1 and 2. People were reporting winning both GA on Facebook also.

I still think picking GA for the first 2 is reasonable.

I think next month could hopefully be exciting as far as announcements go. January is usually a good month for summer/fall concert announcements.