2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• dconner50dconner50 Arkansas Posts: 14
    First post on the forum and looking to go to my first show this year, been lurking this thread for a while... Does anybody know if there will be 2 Wrigley shows? And if so are we thinking friday the 17th and sunday the 19th or will they do saturday and monday (18th and 20th) like last time?  If they do only do stadium shows in the US this year, it sounds like Wrigley is my best bet so I'm trying to get prepared before the announcement. 
    EV
    9/23/2017 Bourbon and Beyond Festival
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    dconner50 said:
    First post on the forum and looking to go to my first show this year, been lurking this thread for a while... Does anybody know if there will be 2 Wrigley shows? And if so are we thinking friday the 17th and sunday the 19th or will they do saturday and monday (18th and 20th) like last time?  If they do only do stadium shows in the US this year, it sounds like Wrigley is my best bet so I'm trying to get prepared before the announcement. 
    Welcome to the forums! There are very strong rumours of 3 different park shows this summer. No solid dates have really been thrown around but that weekend you mentioned is the best bet imo for Wrigley. Who knows what the dates will be though as it could be a number of combinations. Also I really doubt that the park shows are the only NA shows next year. I expecting a big west coast tour with some midwest mixed in. Hopefully now Euro has sold very well they will announce the dates in January and allow us to start planning our trips!
    PJNB said:
    dconner50 said:
    Welcome to the forums! There are very strong rumours of 3 different park shows this summer. No solid dates have really been thrown around but that weekend you mentioned is the best bet imo for Wrigley. Who knows what the dates will be though as it could be a number of combinations. Also I really doubt that the park shows are the only NA shows next year. I expecting a big west coast tour with some midwest mixed in. Hopefully now Euro has sold very well they will announce the dates in January and allow us to start planning our trips!
    Awesome, I appreciate the response. I would be stoked if they announced a few midwest arena dates, as it sounds like those will be the easiest for me to travel to. I have a place to stay in DC and potentially LA so I could justify the extra travel expenses to go to either of those if they're announced. Either way, I'm just excited to possibly get to see them and hoping I can draw some 10C tickets for whatever show(s) I decide to go to!
    EV
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Safeco Field. Two shows. August
    That seems to be the general consensus. We need some dates, though!

I've been told first week of august. My source is a friend of a friend who knows Mike. 
    Very nice! Thanks for sharing the tidbit!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    my2hands said:
    Seattle 8/10-8/12
    Chicago 8/17-8/19
    Boston 8/24-8/26 or 8/31-9/2

Are there any shows conflicting with thsee dates?

Also... just browsing around... I noticed the following... 
    Citizens Bank Park is open 9/7-9/9
    Washington Nationals stadium is open 9/14-9/16
    I can't wait to see how close these dates are!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I wonder what the Ghost of Xmas Future holds in store for USA fans in 2018

Merry Christmas my fellow tour rumor junkies :)
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    So I guess it is official.  First year not seeing the band since 2003.  What a wild ride.
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    So I guess it is official.  First year not seeing the band since 2003.  What a wild ride.
    Try living in Australia! No PJ for 4 years now! :wink:
    Try living in Australia! No PJ for 4 years now! :wink:

Touche :)
  • kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    ZeldaZonk said:
    my2hands said:
    Seattle 8/10-8/12
    Chicago 8/17-8/19
    Boston 8/24-8/26 or 8/31-9/2

Are there any shows conflicting with thsee dates?

Also... just browsing around... I noticed the following... 
    Citizens Bank Park is open 9/7-9/9
    Washington Nationals stadium is open 9/14-9/16
    I can't wait to see how close these dates are!
    Id guess the three main rumoured ballpark weekends are pretty sure things. Good soild rumour saying Fenway on Sept 1 weekend, leaving Aug 18 only possible weekend for Wrigley. And the only viable Safeco option other than those is the Aug 11 weekend. 

If PJ is playing those parks this summer,  these dates look like pretty sure things.

Merry Christmas! one week til 2018 and a Pearl Jam filled year!
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Something is happening in Wrigleyville on the 18th. Hotel prices are crazy for that night. Hotel booked!
  • Something is happening in Wrigleyville on the 18th. Hotel prices are crazy for that night. Hotel booked!
    Chicago Air and Water show?  (coincided with PJ in 2016 too)
    Finsbury Park '92 | Brixton 1 '93 | Wembley 2 '96 | Wembley 1&2 '00 | Reading, Paris '06 | Munich, Wembley '07 | Shepherds Bush, Berlin, Manchester, London '09 | Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park '10 | Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1, Copenhagen, Atlanta '12 | Brooklyn 2, Philly 1&2, LA 1&2 '13 | Amsterdam 1&2, Vienna, Berlin '14 | Central Park, Santiago, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro, Mexico City '15 | Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Wrigley 1&2 '16 | London 1, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, London 2, Fenway 2 '18 | Oakland 1&2, Berlin, Zurich, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam '22 | St. Paul 1&2, Chicago 1&2 '23 |
    Maybe? Refundable hotel booked! LOL
    edited December 2017
    Something is happening in Wrigleyville on the 18th. Hotel prices are crazy for that night. Hotel booked!
    Please make sure you come back and gloat if you were right.  I hope your sleuthing pays off.
    I'm not one to gloat. Simply trying to give a heads-up to others here. Maybe it is just for the Air & Water show? Can't hurt to book a room!
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,762
    Would it make more sense that they play Century Link Field and not Safeco?  The band partners with the Seahawks often on antipoverty initiatives.  Plus scheduling would be easier. Any thoughts?
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    D-Rod said:
    Would it make more sense that they play Century Link Field and not Safeco?  The band partners with the Seahawks often on antipoverty initiatives.  Plus scheduling would be easier. Any thoughts?
    Funny, i had the same thought after my last post. I am pretty sure it will be Safeco though. PJ is yet ti play a huge football stadium in North America, and i dont think they will start soon. 70-80 thousand people vs 45 thousand for ballparks. 

They have used a Mariners logo on merch recently. The intimacy of ball parks is quite a bit different than a huge stadium like the Century Link. Feels like the band, Eddie especially has a tie to baseball. 
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • kerbjack said:
    D-Rod said:
    Funny, i had the same thought after my last post. I am pretty sure it will be Safeco though. PJ is yet ti play a huge football stadium in North America, and i dont think they will start soon. 70-80 thousand people vs 45 thousand for ballparks. 

They have used a Mariners logo on merch recently. The intimacy of ball parks is quite a bit different than a huge stadium like the Century Link. Feels like the band, Eddie especially has a tie to baseball. 
    What ball parks are intimate?  The majority of the crowd is still miles from the stage. I just hope it doesn't become the norm.

• SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,344
    D-Rod said:
    As kerbjack said, more reasonable size for them.  I'll add that Safeco has a retractable roof, making it a MUCH safer bet.  Mike and the CCFA have had a good relationship with the Mariners, even giving Mike TV spots every now and then on the Mariners Pregame broadcast.  Also the band has a seemingly strong relationship with the MLB as a whole.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,344
    Are there any other Midwest rumors with legs other than Wrigley?  Strongly considering flying back home to Seattle if a Safeco Show happens...however I could probably pull off more shows if I don't have to fly.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,344
    kerbjack said:
    D-Rod said:
    Funny, i had the same thought after my last post. I am pretty sure it will be Safeco though. PJ is yet ti play a huge football stadium in North America, and i dont think they will start soon. 
    Soldier Field?

(Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

edited December 2017
    The Mariners logo is a dead giveaway for Safeco. I am just surprised that they are doing this when less then a year ago they were putting all of their attention to Key Arena and its refurbishment. They still could put on shows there during the full NA tour (if this even happens) but it would be highly unlikely imo. 
  • AndoAndo Denver Posts: 410
    Just got a text from a friend very very high up the ladder at Safeco telling me to plan on visiting him this summer! He apologized he couldn’t give me dates yet but said it would be announced soon! No bs, just thought I’d let everyone know it sounds official 
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,873
    Ando said:
    Just got a text from a friend very very high up the ladder at Safeco telling me to plan on visiting him this summer! He apologized he couldn’t give me dates yet but said it would be announced soon! No bs, just thought I’d let everyone know it sounds official 
    Sure sounds like SafeCo is a lock now.  I'm surprised that Wrigley is rumored again.

Are we done with Europe?  Figured Amsterdam II was a lock but was hoping for the Barcelona II longshot.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,287
    Ando said:
    Sure sounds like SafeCo is a lock now.  I'm surprised that Wrigley is rumored again.

Are we done with Europe?  Figured Amsterdam II was a lock but was hoping for the Barcelona II longshot.

Sounds like I need to take another trip to Seattle
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

Just a heads up for everybody booking a hotel for August 18th, one reason the price might be high is because hotel websites collect data from your browser's cookies to determine the days of highest interest, make sure you go incognito as to not contribute to jacking up the price for that day. That being said, I've got mine booked and I'm glad I'm not the only one crazy enough to book before the announcement lol
    EV
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    Wow, the hotel nutjobs are out even earlier than usual this time.
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,992
    I'd love to go to Safeco. But it sounds like they might be part of the same lottery, in which case I'll have to prioritize the hometown Wrigley shows.
    edited December 2017
    CopperTom said:
    Wow, the hotel nutjobs are out even earlier than usual this time.
    Nutjobs? If saving hundreds and hundreds of dollars over the years and getting first choice at hotels makes me a nutjob I will wear that hat with pride lol!
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 873
    Sarava said:
    I'd love to go to Safeco. But it sounds like they might be part of the same lottery, in which case I'll have to prioritize the hometown Wrigley shows.
    isnt each show treated as its own lottery? I thought the priority was what your seating options are for one particular show? So if I wanted to go to fenway, wrigley and safeco I would have to put down which show I want first? I thought it is basically a lock to get seats at all shows, just not necessarily you first priority of seats?