PJ fans in 12 step Recovery

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    I feel like i have dementia . Im really struggling so bad with physical symptoms . Thank you for replying
    you'll feel foggy for a bit.  make sure you get plenty of fluids and eat decently.

if you become real concerned go to the doctor.

one thing we didnt ask was how much and how frequently you drank. and for how long.

its important. think you'd be past it by now, but a very real condition develops in some who are very far gone.  Delerium Tremens. It can be fatal if untreated.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I feel like i have dementia . Im really struggling so bad with physical symptoms . Thank you for replying
    As Mickey stated it gets so much better. I had a misconception when I tried to get sober the first time I would wake up one morning and feel better and that just isnt how it works. Minus some bad days thrown in, you feel a little better each day. After a while you get to a point where you feel better than you did when you were not sober. I would say watch out for some unexpected emotions. I am going on 3 years sober and sometimes feelings from the past I never dealt with just kind of unexpectedly come up. A good support system helps the most with that as they can lead to bad days. NA, AA works for most. I was lucky to have some really good friends who help when I need it. 

Congrats on how far you have come. Hang in there.  
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • I wasn't a very heavy drinker..i drank most days some beers or a bottle of wine. Over many years about 15 years  drank most days. Something even if 2 beers . Never more than 3 beers and a bottle of wine at a time. 
    I think this maybe something else. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Weekends definitely heavier. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I wasn't a very heavy drinker..i drank most days some beers or a bottle of wine. Over many years about 15 years  drank most days. Something even if 2 beers . Never more than 3 beers and a bottle of wine at a time. 
    I don't know how much exactly my brother in law drank before he ultimately died, but when he tried to quit once, about 5 days after he had a massive seizure. my sister had to call an ambulance. he also had to get fluid drained from his abdomen a few times. depending on your level of dependence, I believe you should be doing this under a doctor's supervision.

to others: do people detox slowly? as in, taper the booze off? or quit all at once? or is there medication to help your body through the initial detox phase?

I don't think it's the amount of booze you consume; it's the reason. my wife's aunt used to only have one drink per day, but she depended on it like a crutch, so she eventually went to AA. 

but I'm sure the recoverers in this thread know way more than I would. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I wasn't a very heavy drinker..i drank most days some beers or a bottle of wine. Over many years about 15 years  drank most days. Something even if 2 beers . Never more than 3 beers and a bottle of wine at a time. 
    I don't know how much exactly my brother in law drank before he ultimately died, but when he tried to quit once, about 5 days after he had a massive seizure. my sister had to call an ambulance. he also had to get fluid drained from his abdomen a few times. depending on your level of dependence, I believe you should be doing this under a doctor's supervision.

to others: do people detox slowly? as in, taper the booze off? or quit all at once? or is there medication to help your body through the initial detox phase?

I don't think it's the amount of booze you consume; it's the reason. my wife's aunt used to only have one drink per day, but she depended on it like a crutch, so she eventually went to AA. 

but I'm sure the recoverers in this thread know way more than I would. 
    yes, docs can and do recommend stepping down for certain drinkers. others may require some meds under direct supervision to get through the initial detox. my sense is he is past that.

only an expert of my own experience and what others have shared but it doesnt sound to me he absolutely requires medical intervention. in light of it being day 10.

his body has forgotten how to readily function without some measure of alcohol. its learning how to again.

he should be fine. but seriously dont hesitate to consult a doctor. no shame in it at all. better to feel foolish than risk it. can get over feeling foolish, dead or damaged not so much....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Approaching 3 weeks. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Approaching 3 weeks. 
    slowly it gets better.

are you doing this on your own?

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Approaching 3 weeks. 
    You're doing an amazing thing for yourself, lel. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Yes all by my self
     I don't see many other people so at the moment its ok but still hard. This sunday marks 3 weeks but i have a family dinner at which my brother and step dad both of  which drink heavily will be drinking. But i am determined so far. 
     Still feeling confused so its probably not the drink. Im struggling with bordem and eating so much sweet stuff. But still going
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

swets are a replacement for the sugar that alcohol turns into in the body. dont sweat it
     but do keep a watch on it.

not drinking is a one day at a time thing.

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Great job on three weeks. Keep it up! You may feel as if you are doing this by yourself, but just remember you are not alone.
    Yes all by my self
     I don't see many other people so at the moment its ok but still hard. This sunday marks 3 weeks but i have a family dinner at which my brother and step dad both of  which drink heavily will be drinking. But i am determined so far. 
     Still feeling confused so its probably not the drink. Im struggling with bordem and eating so much sweet stuff. But still going
    Getting sober is hard and stressful. The physical changes will continue on for quite some time yet, but even more important are the mental and emotional changes. Don't assume that the feeling of confusion is not related to this process. It might take months for things to be on a more even keel. Keep on with "still going" and you'll get there. 
  • Its hard today. but. I will not loose my faith its an inside job today. Thank you all i come here to read your kind words that remind me  going this path for the good of my life
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Moving is breathing and breathing is life
    Stopping is dying 
    You'll be alright
  • Great song. Rowing so true
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    ^ Right on :hug:
  • Well im pushed to my limit. Things keep going so wrong yet i resist. I can't take much  more going wrong.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

its a hard thing to watch and wait for. My dog of 15 yrs seems to be on her way out.
    slipping in and out of consciousness.

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,705
    edited December 2017
    Im sorry to hear about your dog that is really sad to watch. I hope its peaceful at very least. Love to you 
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Psalm 130

A song of ascents.

1Out of the depths I cry to you, Lord;
    2Lord, hear my voice.
    Let your ears be attentive
    to my cry for mercy.
    3If you, Lord, kept a record of sins,
    Lord, who could stand?
    4But with you there is forgiveness,
    so that we can, with reverence, serve you.
    5I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits,
    and in his word I put my hope.
    6I wait for the Lord
    more than watchmen wait for the morning,
    more than watchmen wait for the morning.
    7Israel, put your hope in the Lord,
    for with the Lord is unfailing love
    and with him is full redemption.
    8He himself will redeem Israel
    from all their sins.

I have no idea why the above was in my storage bin on this thread but there it is accosted en nombres
    edited December 2017
    Anyway, I think I'm an alcoholic as I can't go one day without it, it seems. If I try to not have alcohol, I just can't survive the day without it. And I dont. ,I don't remember one day in the last year that I've not had one drink.

I admire the three-week withouter so much. 

To me, right now, that seems almost laughably impossible.

If I were to even imagine myself not having  one drink tomorrow, I am not sure that this could ever go to day #2. 
    ...and I am a person who does most things I set my mind to....How fun ked up is this ?

Post edited by rollings on
    I'm sorry about your dog, mickey :rose:
  • You can do it. Try 1 day if you can. Start there if you truly want to. Good luck and please love yourself if you can
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• I still feel like im failing my admiration is for the peaceful ones who live and love and laugh with a free spirit and mind. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

I still feel like im failing my admiration is for the peaceful ones who live and love and laugh with a free spirit and mind. 

Do any of us really have a free spirit and mind? Much of what we think we know about others is an illusion.
  • There are many who seem to me are coasting along rolling withthe punches feeling all the good parts. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,705
    edited December 2017
    Im into week 4 now its my sons 19th birthday. Yesterday i ruined our early xmas dinner bec my tooth broke and i left my mums house upset leaving my children there.my mum put so much effort in and i left before it even begun. I upset everyone including myself. Previously i would have got very drunk
     I didn't . And as you all posted before "to feel" is painful. I feel it now. Pain. Guilt. Sorrow. Im trying so hard but i wanted to smash my face against a wall and hurt myself. Now its the next early morning i feel so much sorrow and i am desperate to survive with a hollow space where i feel like my life is soon to end. Sorry for this but its all honest
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    I'm so sorry to hear that you are@lastexitlondon.  If you are feeling the need to end things than I urge you to seek help.  You are not alone.  You are loved.  You are worthy and worth saving.

United Kingdom Suicide Hotlines

Samaritans UK & ROI 
    National 
    Contact by: Face to Face  - Phone  - Letter:  - E-mail: 
    Hotline: +44 (0) 8457 90 90 90 (UK - local rate)
    Hotline: +44 (0) 8457 90 91 92 (UK minicom)
    Hotline: 1850 60 90 90 (ROI - local rate)
    Hotline: 1850 60 90 91 (ROI minicom)
    E-mail Helpline: jo@samaritans.org
    24 Hour service: 

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop