PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Rob Thomson is a great hire for the Phillies. Had been with the yanks for almost 30 years and has been running spring training for a long time. He will be a huge help for a guy like kapler. Love the manager/bench coach combo this team put together.

wanted Thomson as the yanks manager
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Rob Thomson is a great hire for the Phillies. Had been with the yanks for almost 30 years and has been running spring training for a long time. He will be a huge help for a guy like kapler. Love the manager/bench coach combo this team put together.

wanted Thomson as the yanks manager

Can't not think of shitty music every time I see his name though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    So... maybe one less team in the mix for Harper next year?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I don't comment about politics in AMT because I hate having those fucking threads linger in my "participated" page. But it only took a fucking creep of a complete dipshit to turn a toothless, backwards, literal swamp of a state blue for a senator. GOTV all day everyday from now on.
    chinese-happy.jpg

Bye Fred.

chinese-happy.jpg

Bye Fred.

Just a matter of time - gotta do it; Enyel De Los Santos. Young, low-end pitching prospect. I'm ok with that.
    So looks like they learned from the whole letting a bad player block a potentially good player thing?
    Hey, Cliff, you guys get Machado yet, ya cocksucker?
    Hey, Cliff, you guys get Machado yet, ya cocksucker?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR-FLwonazA

That's 12 months from now.
    True story - I've got a Yankee fan across from me that was annoyed because he's all, "I don't get it. Where are they going to put all these outfielders?" You're bitching because you just added the NL MVP for pennies on the dollar?
    True story - I've got a Yankee fan across from me that was annoyed because he's all, "I don't get it. Where are they going to put all these outfielders?" You're bitching because you just added the NL MVP for pennies on the dollar.
    True story - I've got a Yankee fan across from me that was annoyed because he's all, "I don't get it. Where are they going to put all these outfielders?" You're bitching because you just added the NL MVP for pennies on the dollar.
    Yeeeeeeah, I think this is a scenario where you find space.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    finally got rid of galvis.  surprised they didn't want to try him at first this year over hoskins
    I love how they gave tommy hunter more money that many of the other better relievers who have signed (joe smith, shaw, mcgee, etc).  tommy hunter is a fatter jose mesa - he sucks.
    I liked the burdi pick in the rule 5 draft.  of course they traded him away immediately.

this franchise is a disgrace
    Carlos Santana. Hooo boy. 
    Who's playing first?
    I don't comment about politics in AMT because I hate having those fucking threads linger in my "participated" page. But it only took a fucking creep of a complete dipshit to turn a toothless, backwards, literal swamp of a state blue for a senator. GOTV all day everyday from now on.
    I just want to know how liberals are going to complain about paying less taxes.  I dunno know about you guys, but I like money -- especially being able to keep the money I earn.  Looks like this tax break has a great chance of passing which will give the Fixer family a 'pretty, pretty good' raise.

I certainly don't agree with a lot of what the GOP stands for (especially the social platforms), but I agree with almost all of their monetary policies.  Less taxes and smaller government are the way to go.
    3 years $60 mil
    3 years $60 mil
    hahahahaha.  I don't even know what to say.  THEY ARE FUCKING CLUELESS!!
    edited December 2017
    The Fixer said:
    I just want to know how liberals are going to complain about paying less taxes.  I dunno know about you guys, but I like money -- especially being able to keep the money I earn.  Looks like this tax break has a great chance of passing which will give the Fixer family a 'pretty, pretty good' raise.

I certainly don't agree with a lot of what the GOP stands for (especially the social platforms), but I agree with almost all of their monetary policies.  Less taxes and smaller government are the way to go.
    Bro, your tax cuts are for like 5 years...this bill is not supporting people like you long term.
    The Fixer said:
    3 years $60 mil
    This does seem odd. Forcing your best prospect into his 2nd position for this guy?

Maybe they didn't learn from last year.
    The Fixer said:

Bro, your tax cuts are for like 5 years...this bill is not supporting people like you long term.
    I will take 5 years of cuts over taxes staying the same or increasing
    edited December 2017
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:

But they're going to go up in the long run  because this cut is losing so much money from 'fuck you money' folks.

If this tax cut was to support people like me and you it would be a straight income tax break, period.
    The Fixer said:
    3 years $60 mil
    This does seem odd. Forcing your best prospect into his 2nd position for this guy?

Maybe they didn't learn from last year.
    hopefully they are trying to trade nick williams and odummy herrera.  I'm sure they aren't, but that could resemble some semblance of a plan at least.
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:

But they're going to go up in the long run  because this cut is losing so much money from 'fuck you money' folks.

If this tax cut was to support people like me and you it would be a straight income tax break, period.
    with democrats in office taxes inevitably go up anyway.  I will happily take the cuts, which will be substantial for my family, and enjoy them while they last.  everyone should take that mindset
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:

with democrats in office taxes inevitably go up anyway.  I will happily take the cuts, which will be substantial for my family, and enjoy them while they last.  everyone should take that mindset
    Just like I would rather save less for retirement now than have to save more later, I would rather have my taxes not dive now and increase later to have to pay for these breaks for people who can buy sports teams as a hobby.
    The Fixer said:

So you're OK with sacrificing any redeeming moral principles for tax cuts? I hope you can say the same thing if it's your daughter some day.

And the fact that you think Republicans shove "small government" down your throat for the fact that they are removing "inefficiencies" is incredibly naive.

And, hey, at least you live on an island - always a good mindset in a world where ya gotta, ya know, live with other human beings. I don't mind paying taxes. I live living in a civilized society.
    The Fixer said:

So you're OK with sacrificing any redeeming moral principles for tax cuts? I hope you can say the same thing if it's your daughter some day.

And the fact that you think Republicans shove "small government" down your throat for the fact that they are removing "inefficiencies" is incredibly naive.

And, hey, at least you live on an island - always a good mindset in a world where ya gotta, ya know, live with other human beings. I don't mind paying taxes. I live living in a civilized society.
    what morals?  stand up morals like getting blow jobs in the white house as a sitting president?  I love when liberals play the morality card
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:

Just like I would rather save less for retirement now than have to save more later, I would rather have my taxes not dive now and increase later to have to pay for these breaks for people who can buy sports teams as a hobby.
    just think of how many more free agents the yankees can buy now -- the luxury tax won't be as big of a deal since the owners will have more money.  And you'll also have more money so you'll be able to save now and spend to attend games, concerts, etc.

more money for working families/individuals is a good thing
    edited December 2017
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:
    The Fixer said:

just think of how many more free agents the yankees can buy now -- the luxury tax won't be as big of a deal since the owners will have more money.  And you'll also have more money so you'll be able to save now and spend to attend games, concerts, etc.

more money for working families/individuals is a good thing
    That's all fine and good but this bill is not designed to give working families and individuals more money.  If it was, like I said, it would be an income tax break, that is permanent. It's not and because of that you are going to be paying more in taxes in the long run.