Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,258
    edited December 2017
    JK_Livin said:
    I know they don't mean much but why would we drop so dramatically in the power rankings without losing a game? Fuck 'em.

Because we just lost the mvp for the rest of the year.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,772
    JK_Livin said:
    I know they don't mean much but why would we drop so dramatically in the power rankings without losing a game? Fuck 'em.

Actually, they didn't drop that much - relatively speaking - in Vegas' eyes. They went from like 6-1 to 9-1, which I thought would drop a lot more than that.

At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if they make a legit run (I've had 36+ hours to convince myself) to the Super Bowl. So once you're there who knows.

What really concerns me is next year. We may not see him until December '18 and next season will be shit.
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Actually, they didn't drop that much - relatively speaking - in Vegas' eyes. They went from like 6-1 to 9-1, which I thought would drop a lot more than that.

At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if they make a legit run (I've had 36+ hours to convince myself) to the Super Bowl. So once you're there who knows.

What really concerns me is next year. We may not see him until December '18 and next season will be shit.

Yeah they still have the best conference odds....at least they did yesterday when I checked. And that makes sense. 3 winnable games even without Wentz. Win 2 and they most likely still get home field.

I don't even want to think about next year at this point. I don't think most people have realized how long he's going to be out yet. Whole thing sucks for the NFL in general too.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Great, now Kelce hurt his ankle today. He returned but is limping now.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Apparently just got kicked in the shin
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    My wife's reaction matches some here:
    Goddammit, this is what it is like to root for the fucking Eagles.  I think our fanbase sorta knew something like this would happen.

:lol:

It is a travesty but you do have a really good overall team and you never know.  Sack the opposing QB with a vengeance and you can win any game.  Wow.  Really sucks for Wentz, he seems like such a good dude.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,849
    glad they clinched a home playoff game but their defense has got to step up especially against the pass.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Too many of our DB's were spinning around looking for their clue. Loved what I saw from Nick.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Defense playing like we feared they would back in September. Need to get pressure up front to alleviate the secondary concerns. Not going to win next month playing like this.

Foles---way better than you can expect from a back up. I've always admired the way this organization prioritizes the backup qb position.

Ajayi--FEED.HIM.GOD.DAMN.IT

Agholar-----God bless this kid. People wrote him off before his rookie year even started. Sometimes it takes time for receivers to come into their own in this league. Clearly the slot is where needs to be.

One more win. GO.BIRDS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Bradham really needs to hit the jugs machine. He could've iced the past 2 games with picks.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Bradham really needs to hit the jugs machine. He could've iced the past 2 games with picks.
    Eli was like "Alright you guys....prolly the last time I play you in a Giants uniform.....so here you go, for old time's sake.......OH, COME ON BRADHAM! I put it right in your hands!"
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

JK_Livin said:
    Too many of our DB's were spinning around looking for their clue. Loved what I saw from Nick.
    I wish Darby was 4 inches taller.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    not the prettiest of efforts but take the win and the bye.  Raiders are pretty much done after last night so get the full home field advantage by beating them next week.

thank the Giants for calling a running play on 3rd and goal even though their QB was kicking our ass down the field.  what an atrocious play call there.  

NFC playoffs are going to be brutal though.  Way deeper than the AFC.

• Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Two (extremely) ugly home wins away from the Super Bowl.

They have a lot of work to do over the next few weeks. Go. Birds.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Two teams looked really bad last night. One team was on the road on Christmas Day (not that it's a great excuse). One team had no excuse at all.

If that's all the Eagles got... it's one and done for them in the playoffs.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,317
    I don't know if I said it here or the NFL thread. But I said the Eagles will be the best team in the NFC East
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Two teams looked really bad last night. One team was on the road on Christmas Day (not that it's a great excuse). One team had no excuse at all.

You're one and done in the playoffs.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    How did they determine in eagles play on Saturday or Sunday in the divisional round?
    Too the wife I would get tickets for the playoffs but may not be able to do it if on Sunday
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    How did they determine in eagles play on Saturday or Sunday in the divisional round?
    Too the wife I would get tickets for the playoffs but may not be able to do it if on Sunday

Always thought it was just whatever they thought would work out best for the tv ratings. Really hoping for Saturday as well but I bet its the late Sunday game
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

You're one and done in the playoffs.

lol
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    so last week offense was good, defense sucked.  This week, offense sucked and defense was pretty good. 

Wonder if they'll rest some people since the game is pretty much meaningless or play some to get their shit together?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    so last week offense was good, defense sucked.  This week, offense sucked and defense was pretty good. 

Wonder if they'll rest some people since the game is pretty much meaningless or play some to get their shit together?

I don't get throwing it 65% of the time with your back up who is struggling. Play calling was very suspect last night. Ajayi should be getting 20 touches a game at this point. They need to grind out wins if they want any hope of beating good teams next month.

Foles is one streaky sumbitch. When he's on, he can toss 7 td's in a game....when he's off, he's like the qb we saw last night. There's not too much in between with him. Maybe go more up-tempo for him...

At least the defense came alive in the second half (after that first drive). If we can get that kind of effort and if the offense can be somewhere in between last night and last week, that will give them a shot at winning an ugly game or two at home. Tough call next week. I guess sitting them is the smart move even though, I'd like to see them for a least a half look good to give them a little jolt of confidence.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    We'll be fine. Can't wait to see the Nate Sudfeld era begin and end on Sunday.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited December 2017

I don't get throwing it 65% of the time with your back up who is struggling. Play calling was very suspect last night. Ajayi should be getting 20 touches a game at this point. They need to grind out wins if they want any hope of beating good teams next month.

Foles is one streaky sumbitch. When he's on, he can toss 7 td's in a game....when he's off, he's like the qb we saw last night. There's not too much in between with him. Maybe go more up-tempo for him...

At least the defense came alive in the second half (after that first drive). If we can get that kind of effort and if the offense can be somewhere in between last night and last week, that will give them a shot at winning an ugly game or two at home. Tough call next week. I guess sitting them is the smart move even though, I'd like to see them for a least a half look good to give them a little jolt of confidence.

i knew once Wentz got hurt the idiocy in the fan base would return.

38 passes and 21 rushes BUT of those 38 passes 10 came on the last drive of the 1st half (and 1 run) that started at 3:08 (8 passes after 2:00 minute warning) and 5 came on the last drive of the game.  So take out those 2 drives and the ratio was 23 passes and 20 runs.  so right in your preferred acceptable ratio. 

And Foles shouldn't play a down this week.  The risk is far greater than the reward of him playing. I'd also sit Johnson, Kelce, Ertz, Cox and Jenkins this week.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    ^
    21 running plays called in the entire game. Would you like to guess how many of them were called during their only sustained drive that resulted in their only touchdown of the game?

NINE.

Nine runs and two passes on their only offensive touchdown scoring drive of the entire game. Almost half of their entire runs in the game on this one drive. N.I.N.E. T.I.M.E.S they ran the ball. 11 plays. 58 yards. Chews up 6 minutes and and 16 seconds of clock. This is the only drive of the game they even resembled the offense we're accustomed to this year. The rest of the game? 11 runs total. Not going to work like that in January. 

Clement got two carries and averaged 7 yards a rush. Ajayi is and has always been a volume back. He needs more than just 14 carries a game to be effective. Cold windy night with Folks playing like garbage and the receivers not getting open, this is the kind of game you call 38 runs and 21 passes, not the other way around. Gotta be smarter than that against much better teams next month. 

Stick to your shitty St Joes basketball team, 'Takes.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    STUDfeld
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    STUDfeld
    I stand corrected.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    ^
    21 running plays called in the entire game. Would you like to guess how many of them were called during their only sustained drive that resulted in their only touchdown of the game?

NINE.

Nine runs and two passes on their only offensive touchdown scoring drive of the entire game. Almost half of their entire runs in the game on this one drive. N.I.N.E. T.I.M.E.S they ran the ball. 11 plays. 58 yards. Chews up 6 minutes and and 16 seconds of clock. This is the only drive of the game they even resembled the offense we're accustomed to this year. The rest of the game? 11 runs total. Not going to work like that in January. 

Clement got two carries and averaged 7 yards a rush. Ajayi is and has always been a volume back. He needs more than just 14 carries a game to be effective. Cold windy night with Folks playing like garbage and the receivers not getting open, this is the kind of game you call 38 runs and 21 passes, not the other way around. Gotta be smarter than that against much better teams next month. 

ah when you lose the argument change the argument.  Literally the first line you posted was about the percentages of runs to pass. I proved it was bullshit based on the two end of half drives so now you change the argument. Next time lead with the scoring drive that had 9 runs.

i will stick with my Hawks as I always do.  Looking forward to conference play. 
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    pjhawks said:
    ^

NINE.

ah when you lose the argument change the argument.  Literally the first line you posted was about the percentages of runs to pass. I proved it was bullshit based on the two end of half drives so now you change the argument. Next time lead with the scoring drive that had 9 runs.

i will stick with my Hawks as I always do.  Looking forward to conference play. 
    Oh you're under the assumption this is an argument? That's why you're confused. This isn't an argument. This is one informed fan explaining something to an uninformed person. 

They passed the ball too much on a night when the conditions were bad and the back up quarterback was struggling and the receivers were not getting open. Regarding percentages, I put it in bold. I said I would have rather ran 38 times and thrown 21 times. So I don't know what you're talking about, unless you just chose to ignore that part of my post.

Also, as I and others have tried to explain to you countless times over the years, it's not just how many times but WHEN you run. When almost half of your runs come on the only successful drive of the game, logic dictates that it's working and you might want to stick with it. They didn't and almost lost to a bad team who had nothing to play for.

And I ignored your little idea of removing pass plays from two drives thing because it's......just a sorry and pathetic way of manipulating numbers to convey an illogical point. If you're going to remove the two largest passing drives, it would make sense to also remove the two largest running drives to get a fairer idea of what happened during the rest of the game. So remove the 9 from their only successful drive and 3 from the following drive (yes 3 was the next highest number). So you're left with 23 passes and 9 runs......oh, hey, look at that. Passing on a 71% clip. Gotta be better than that next month.

Get lost, 'Takes. You're just no good at this.

chinese-happy.jpg