Options

Vault 7 processing/shipping has begun...

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    edited December 2017
    PB11041 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
     I don't see why it would really be a bigger challenge because Chris died. 
    For better or worse, things are in his estate's hands in the best case scenario if he had a will in order.  If he did not have things in order it is increasingly challenging because unfortunately there will be lawyers.
    Well at the very least it wouldn't necessarily be an issue, because yeah,Chris may have already worked all this out before he died (like a long time ago. Any responsible artist would have IMO).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Arrival date 12/20 in Virginia..nice
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    PJ_Soul said:
    PB11041 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    For better or worse, things are in his estate's hands in the best case scenario if he had a will in order.  If he did not have things in order it is increasingly challenging because unfortunately there will be lawyers.
    Well at the very least it wouldn't necessarily be an issue, because yeah,Chris may have already worked all this out before he died (like a long time ago. Any responsible artist would have IMO).
    I think you over estimate how people work things out, responsible or not, artist or not.  People unfortunately overlook details, and the details can become blurry when the person is no longer around and money is on the line. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    Arrival date 12/20 in Virginia..nice
    12/21 Upstate New York 

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,472
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:
    We’re talking PJ’s management and their current frame of mind. 

Record companies usually have some say over their signed artists appearing on another act’s album and people will want their cut of the profits. A few covers for a bootleg is one thing, but they’d be paying royalties on nearly half of the song list and that will be a big chunk of the profit.
    Meh. Yeah, okay, if PJ management is feeling lazy and like nothing is worth putting in a little extra effort, then sure, we'll never see anything really cool again I guess? I hope that isn't the case though! I don't think just putting the whole Santa Barbara show on vinyl is an overwhelming, monumental task that is so difficult it's not perfectly doable - all they have to do is give a shit enough to get it done. There are live albums where many different artists have performed on them out there, and many, many more where the entire album is covers, let alone half of it. It's not like it's impossible or too great a financial issue to get done and make money with.
    Have we seen anything really cool in regards to the vault? The majority of the vault releases have been low hanging fruit...shows that have been on the radio that are easy to turn around and release. Vault 7 is pretty exciting, because they actually released details about how they're mastering it. But Soldier Field is already out there in good quality. They have not released a show from the 90s that is not already out there in good quality. I don't want to say that they don't "give a shit enough to get it done" but I just haven't seen that kind of effort so far.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:

Record companies usually have some say over their signed artists appearing on another act’s album and people will want their cut of the profits. A few covers for a bootleg is one thing, but they’d be paying royalties on nearly half of the song list and that will be a big chunk of the profit.
    Meh. Yeah, okay, if PJ management is feeling lazy and like nothing is worth putting in a little extra effort, then sure, we'll never see anything really cool again I guess? I hope that isn't the case though! I don't think just putting the whole Santa Barbara show on vinyl is an overwhelming, monumental task that is so difficult it's not perfectly doable - all they have to do is give a shit enough to get it done. There are live albums where many different artists have performed on them out there, and many, many more where the entire album is covers, let alone half of it. It's not like it's impossible or too great a financial issue to get done and make money with.
    Have we seen anything really cool in regards to the vault? The majority of the vault releases have been low hanging fruit...shows that have been on the radio that are easy to turn around and release. Vault 7 is pretty exciting, because they actually released details about how they're mastering it. But Soldier Field is already out there in good quality. They have not released a show from the 90s that is not already out there in good quality. I don't want to say that they don't "give a shit enough to get it done" but I just haven't seen that kind of effort so far.
    Bellingham was a very good vault release. As was DC 98.  Vegas and LA are a bit of a head scratcher.

This show, Soldier Field, should be a very significant upgrade to what is floating around.  The biggest bummer on this that a couple of the shows peak tracks are not on the record due to the recording snafu.  Rearviewirrror, Black, Blood. Oye

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    edited December 2017
    Got my shipping notification from 10C. Go to check progress with UPS and it says shipping info void, no new info from 10C. Insert eye rolly guy here

Post edited by northerndragon on
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,300
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:

Have we seen anything really cool in regards to the vault? The majority of the vault releases have been low hanging fruit...shows that have been on the radio that are easy to turn around and release.
    I think soldier field will be the first that was on the radio at the time. Vegas was released before for free, but the other 5 are all new
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,849
    PB11041 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:

Bellingham was a very good vault release. As was DC 98.  Vegas and LA are a bit of a head scratcher.

This show, Soldier Field, should be a very significant upgrade to what is floating around.  The biggest bummer on this that a couple of the shows peak tracks are not on the record due to the recording snafu.  Rearviewirrror, Black, Blood. One
    I think the la show is the best out of all the vaults.  bellingham has really grown on me.
    vegas is just ok.  the ending ruins it for me.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:

This show, Soldier Field, should be a very significant upgrade to what is floating around.  The biggest bummer on this that a couple of the shows peak tracks are not on the record due to the recording snafu.  Rearviewirrror, Black, Blood. One
    I think the la show is the best out of all the vaults.  bellingham has really grown on me.
    vegas is just ok.  the ending ruins it for me.  
    Bellingham was a nice unique one in that it was a fairly special show, good setlist and although there was a good audience copy, it was one of basically two 2000 unavailable.  

I have to take a dive into LA, I have had several mixes of it, aud, ALD, mixed aud+ald, and it was a fun show but it never struck me as dropping $65 on it for vinyl.

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Constitution Hall and Bellingham are my faves.
  • Options
    Constitution hall is amazing but for some reason I give the slight edge to la. 
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Just got my email about shipping!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    My vault is slowly making its way across the continental 48.  

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think what I am irrationally holding against LA is that they butchered Present Tense badly, in a couple of spots.  That is not a fair thing to take down a whole show, but it is one of my favorite songs, and post 2000 Ed's insistence on f-bombing it nearly every performance is just grating.  So there is my irrational prejudice against the Vault 6.   

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    mcgruff10 said:
    My vault is slowly making its way across the continental 48.  

google doodle GIF
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think what I am irrationally holding against LA is that they butchered Present Tense badly, in a couple of spots.  That is not a fair thing to take down a whole show, but it is one of my favorite songs, and post 2000 Ed's insistence on f-bombing it nearly every performance is just grating.  So there is my irrational prejudice against the Vault 6.   
    And on the flip side, constitution hall has the best present tense ever. 
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    in queue ... yeah buddy.  A new years treat!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    PB11041 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PB11041 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think you over estimate how people work things out, responsible or not, artist or not.  People unfortunately overlook details, and the details can become blurry when the person is no longer around and money is on the line. 
    I think assuming they haven't done things in a responsible manner is at least as unreasonable, haha. ;) Not everything is a legal boondoggle. Things go smoothly all the time. We're just talking about a live album being pressed where a few other artists played briefly 14 years ago, not someone's entire estate. If anything is worked out pretty well, it's how to deal with copyright issues/royalties for live cameos. These people usually have a firm grasp on how these things work, and if all the artists and management know each other, it's likely not usually litigious. I'm not saying they just snap their fingers and it happens, but again, these are the kinds of things that management gets paid for to work out, and it's perfectly doable in most cases, one way or another.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,232
    mcgruff10 said:
    PB11041 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    And on the flip side, constitution hall has the best present tense ever. 
    I'm torn between Constitution and Bellingham. That Act of Love from DC is amazing too, but my fave Binaural tracks from Bellingham sound so crisp. Every nuance of Breakerfall and Grievance is there and Matt's drumming crushes on God's Dice.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    Got my email this morning!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    mfc2006 said:
    Got my email this morning!
    Me too! I won't be receiving it until January, but still, glad it's on its way!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,117
    When they make it downloadable, I hope there's a version that integrates the missing tracks with high quality ones, so you can do a seemless playback (even if the audio quality drops for the songs that weren't on the master).
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    E-mail confirmation here in Missouri.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,746
    Sweet! Shipping confirmation received! :) 
  • Options
    Zod said:
    When they make it downloadable, I hope there's a version that integrates the missing tracks with high quality ones, so you can do a seemless playback (even if the audio quality drops for the songs that weren't on the master).
    This should be the case, because all the tracks not on the master are the encores.

• Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,586
    I hope I Got Shit from Soldier Field got cleaned up well for this Vault, cause it is a great early version of the song.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    My order history says Shipped, but I haven't received an email. Maybe it will be like last week when I got the email a couple hours after my flag and stickers arrived. 
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,970
    I received the email but I'm not planning on checking the tracking info. Looking forward to it just appearing before me one day. Too few surprises in the digital age, IMO.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    E-mail confirmation here in Missouri.
    Boom
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com