2016 Holiday Single?

Comments

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Im thinking these will arrive at / on / for Christmas this year. The ‘making a list and checking it twice’ comment makes me think the downloads will be available at Xmas with the vinyl already shipped to arrive over the Xmas holiday period 
    I doubt it, shipping notices would have had to go out. If it was to arrive in time for Christmas they would have had to have shipped it middle to end of last month. I wouldn't be surprised if the Deep mag is slowing things down if they are trying to ship it together. It seems to take a long time to put together.
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I wrote to 10C minutes ago about that, I bet they are holding it back cuz it will be a doble set as in 94/95 and 2001 with more stuff from Wrigley 2016, but of course I'm absolutely, hilariously wrong (if that even exists)
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Im thinking these will arrive at / on / for Christmas this year. The ‘making a list and checking it twice’ comment makes me think the downloads will be available at Xmas with the vinyl already shipped to arrive over the Xmas holiday period 
    Good point! :wink:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 473
    It’s almps the 10th again...another “nothing” update, or silence?
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Enzed said:
    It’s almps the 10th again...another “nothing” update, or silence?
    Update of course, it will go from "All Analog members will be receiving the package in the coming weeks" to "the packages will be sent out shortly". Its probably the best we can hope for or maybe "the packages will be sent some day in the future".
  • brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    Uhh, no update. 21 days. Until 2018
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Hi.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    My guess is that they just start showing up at people's doors. Hopefully before the end of the year so they can get to work on this year's single
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 473
    generally they drop the mp3 in the account thing before the vinyl turns up, though.

Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    NewJPage said:
    My guess is that they just start showing up at people's doors. Hopefully before the end of the year so they can get to work on this year's single
    I'd be shocked if there is not some sort of elaborate double 45, 25th anniversary wrap up to cover the 2016 and 2017 singles.  Or two really great 10", or that they go real far and do a 12" 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    PB11041 said:
    NewJPage said:
    I'd be shocked if there is not some sort of elaborate double 45, 25th anniversary wrap up to cover the 2016 and 2017 singles.  Or two really great 10", or that they go real far and do a 12" 
    Well, IF they actually do a 12" album with ALL the FULL songs played at Murphy Rooftop.. I think that's pretty good to cover both years and all of us will forgive them for the huge delay.
    I will accept a double 45 for both years only if it is really special.. like 4 unreleased songs (good songs, not Ole-ish songs).
    After all, many of us already spent $100 for two memberships.. we deserve something special, or not?
    PB11041 said:
    NewJPage said:
    Well, IF they actually do a 12" album with ALL the FULL songs played at Murphy Rooftop.. I think that's pretty good to cover both years and all of us will forgive them for the huge delay.
    I will accept a double 45 for both years only if it is really special.. like 4 unreleased songs (good songs, not Ole-ish songs).
    After all, many of us already spent $100 for two memberships.. we deserve something special, or not?
    The odds of them putting 4 unreleased songs that are also "not Ole-ish" or the Murphy's rooftop is pretty remote, is there any indication that they even adequately recorded Murphys beyond video clips?

I'd say given your expectations, prepare to be disappointed. 

PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    NewJPage said:
    The odds of them putting 4 unreleased songs that are also "not Ole-ish" or the Murphy's rooftop is pretty remote, is there any indication that they even adequately recorded Murphys beyond video clips?

I'd say given your expectations, prepare to be disappointed. 
    If you think these were my expectations, you smoke too much pot.. you missed a big "IF" in my post
    I actually think what we are going to (hopefully soon) receive will be a 2016 standard single 7" vinyl + deep, and 2017 single + deep will come around 2019.. at least I hope it is not a song we already know from 20 years ago, or some lazy live version.. if there is at least one new song, I'll be happy. I have no clue, really, like anyone on here. I doubt it will be something from RRHOF, and duets with hollywood stars are over, I think (jay-z, beyonce, that woman from that water movie with kevin costner)..
    Big, bold and free never happened.
    I just hope for big and bold at this point. Or just big. Or just bold. You know what I mean. Show us some signs that this band is still alive.
    If you think these were my expectations, you smoke too much pot.. you missed a big "IF" in my post
    No one smokes too much pot.

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Murphy's for 2016. RRHOF for 2017. The second one wouldn't really be my first choice but it would be fitting for their Hall of Fame year. Send them both out together in early January and be done with it. Gives them a full year to figure out 2018 before the calendar turns to 2019.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    PB11041 said:
    If we ever meet, you'll change your mind.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    JimmyV said:
    Murphy's for 2016. RRHOF for 2017. The second one wouldn't really be my first choice but it would be fitting for their Hall of Fame year. Send them both out together in early January and be done with it. Gives them a full year to figure out 2018 before the calendar turns to 2019.
    Not sure if that will be enough for the people on this board. Maybe if the band hand delivers them.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    PB11041 said:
    If we ever meet, you'll change your mind.
    This makes no sense.

• JimmyV said:
    Not sure if that will be enough for the people on this board. Maybe if the band hand delivers them.
    The "Tenclub members demands too much" hyperbole is such bullshit.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    JimmyV said:
    No it isn't. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    deadendp said:
    JimmyV said:
    No it isn't. 
    If you are lumping in anyone who has asked for an update on this then yes it is.

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    JimmyV said:
    deadendp said:
    JimmyV said:
    No it isn't. 
    If you are lumping in anyone who has asked for an update on this then yes it is.
    I'm not.  I'm in the same boat as everyone else.  

Would I love to have the vinyl that is included in the membership fees I paid?  Yes.  

People (read SOME, not ALL) can be so ridiculous about things here.  I'm speaking in a generalized term.  People get pissed off at some of the most insane things around here.  (No, I'm not saying wanting the annual single offerings that we paid for is ridiculous.)  The person who was talking class action lawsuit?  That is, in my own opinion, ridiculous.  You know that there are plenty of other things, too.  

I'm not excusing the lateness.  I get it that people are irritated.  My thoughts?  If the band sat around and did nothing, but collected cash with no intention of doing anything, I would be ticked.  However, time and time again we see where they are helping others in service or in support -- people who really need help.  

I am certainly not the most patient person.  Believe me, it is a huge personal flaw.  However, I still stand by the fact that they will send it out. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    deadendp said:
    JimmyV said:
    deadendp said:
    JimmyV said:
    No it isn't. 

Would I love to have the vinyl that is included in the membership fees I paid?  Yes.  

People (read SOME, not ALL) can be so ridiculous about things here.  I'm speaking in a generalized term.  People get pissed off at some of the most insane things around here.  (No, I'm not saying wanting the annual single offerings that we paid for is ridiculous.)  The person who was talking class action lawsuit?  That is, in my own opinion, ridiculous.  You know that there are plenty of other things, too.  

I'm not excusing the lateness.  I get it that people are irritated.  My thoughts?  If the band sat around and did nothing, but collected cash with no intention of doing anything, I would be ticked.  However, time and time again we see where they are helping others in service or in support -- people who really need help.  

I am certainly not the most patient person.  Believe me, it is a huge personal flaw.  However, I still stand by the fact that they will send it out. 
    Somebody gets it.
  • deadendp said:
    You know that there are plenty of other things, too.  

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Honestly, I just want it to come out. Not even so much so I can play it now, more so that we can just move on. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Honestly, I just want it to come out. Not even so much so I can play it now, more so that we can just move on. 
    Related image

Eh, don't get your hopes up.. if it's just the 2016 one, we only have about a couple months before "Where's my 2017 single?" threads start to pop up.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Naked Gun Panic GIF
    www.cluthelee.com
    deadendp said:
    JimmyV said:
    deadendp said:
    JimmyV said:
    No it isn't. 

Fair enough.

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Sign me up for the class action law suit... 

Oh wait, I'm digital