Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options

u fuckers are ready for the summer?
    seems pj will play shows..at all 3 months of next summer

This is great info. Summer goes from late June to late September technically. So which 3 months are they playing shows during?
  • Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218

This is great info. Summer goes from late June to late September technically. So which 3 months are they playing shows during?
    Summer is June July Aug, ending Labour Day. EV will most likely play Ohana Sept 8 weekend. Hopefully they take a break and head back out for more dates in the Fall Winter. Depends if there is a record coming out... (that would be cool too)
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    Tickets

Tickets (Ten Club)

Dec 12, 3:24 PM PST

Sorry, we have no information on a second show.

-10c

Frank Dirk

Frank Dirkes

Dec 12, 2:46 AM PST

Hi!

Will there be a 2nd show in Amsterdam?

Thanks for an answer and greetings

Frank

• Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,944
    yeah like i said it seems too far now to announce either a 2nd amsterdam show  and a 2nd barcelona show...

they would both sold out but i guess PJ has enough €€€ lol
  • Options
    Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    I’d like so much to enjoy an US show!!...I don’t know if I ll be able to leave in aug/sept. Probably I can take a period from oct to dec...
    where I ve to look in that period? Us or Australia?
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,151
    kerbjack said:

Summer is June July Aug, ending Labour Day. EV will most likely play Ohana Sept 8 weekend. Hopefully they take a break and head back out for more dates in the Fall Winter. Depends if there is a record coming out... (that would be cool too)
    Summer actually ends in late September, the 22nd in 2018. However, it sounds like we're talking about mainly August for US shows. 

I had completely forgotten about Ohana. I wonder if PJ might play it this year. 
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,896
    I would like to visit Denver next summer 
    My wife actually asked the other day if PJ was touring next summer and mentioned she wanted to go somewhere to see them.  "Aren't you sick of seeing them in the same 3-4 venues all the time?"  

Well alrighty then!!  A Utah, Colorado, Montana type of trip would be very nice.  Mix in some camping and sightseeing and we're good to go!
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    My wife actually asked the other day if PJ was touring next summer and mentioned she wanted to go somewhere to see them.  "Aren't you sick of seeing them in the same 3-4 venues all the time?"  

Well alrighty then!!  A Utah, Colorado, Montana type of trip would be very nice.  Mix in some camping and sightseeing and we're good to go!
    Mighty fine idea!!!
  • Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    3days said:
    kerbjack said:

Summer actually ends in late September, the 22nd in 2018. However, it sounds like we're talking about mainly August for US shows. 

Doubtful, Ohana is very small...but so was Telluride?
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options

That'd be a blast!
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    ACL in October.  Please!
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    edited December 2017
    kerbjack said:
    3days said:
    kerbjack said:

Doubtful, Ohana is very small...but so was Telluride?
    Ohana seems so poorly run to me with insanely long lines for food and everything else, that it would be chaos with PJ
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    :sleepy:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 903
    I could not imagine PJ at Ohana, no way. Its Eddies festival to chill with his friends and bring his own favorites to play. The town could not handle the crowds, no effin way!
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Still holding out for Amsterdam 2 after Pink Pop sells out day 1 in record time February..
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    Just because Ohana is a small festival doesn't mean it couldn't handle a PJ crowd. PJ headlining would guarantee a sell out on whatever day they play and would probably mean higher ticket prices overall for the festival. PJ has played smaller festivals in the past (e.g. Ride in 2016). EV has headlined Ohana its first two years, so I think it's at least possible that PJ could be in play for year 3. I think it has the potential to be a giant 10 Club party.  
    Side note, I think someone mentioned Ohana was happening in September 2018, but I don't think the actual dates have been announced yet. Year 1 was in August 2016; Year 2 in September 2017.
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 903
    chiefnjk said:
    Just because Ohana is a small festival doesn't mean it couldn't handle a PJ crowd. PJ headlining would guarantee a sell out on whatever day they play and would probably mean higher ticket prices overall for the festival. PJ has played smaller festivals in the past (e.g. Ride in 2016). EV has headlined Ohana its first two years, so I think it's at least possible that PJ could be in play for year 3. I think it has the potential to be a giant 10 Club party.  
    Side note, I think someone mentioned Ohana was happening in September 2018, but I don't think the actual dates have been announced yet. Year 1 was in August 2016; Year 2 in September 2017.
    With all due respect I have to disagree. Sure, they could play Ohana, but logically it wont happen. The whole Ohana vibe is surf, beach, casual. I see it being an annual event with the proceeds going to local surf foundations, keeping the beaches clean and other charities. 
    If PJ were to play an all out concert, it would change the whole dynamic of what the festival is based on. I think Eddie will keep his festival his and let PJ management handle PJ in stadiums this summer. 
  • Options
    PJ has 20 shows booked thus far for 2018.

lets say they add 10 stadium shows total between 4-5 cities.

Thats 30 shows.. a US fall tour with 12-16 shows would put us at 46, close to 50 shows in 2018.

is that realistic? I hope so!
  • Options
    Apollo23 said:
    PJ has 20 shows booked thus far for 2018.

lets say they add 10 stadium shows total between 4-5 cities.

Thats 30 shows.. a US fall tour with 12-16 shows would put us at 46, close to 50 shows in 2018.

is that realistic? I hope so!

In 2000, they did 72 shows. In 2003, they did similar.

46-50 shows seems crazy by recent standards.

And yes...new album
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    If 50+ shows this year do you think they may start changing their touring back to bigger years followed by a year or two with very little to no shows?  Just a thought.  it has been so long since they had a year like 2017 with no shows.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766
    edited December 2017
    I know Eddie has a special connection to Wrigley... but does anyone else feel as if more Wrigley shows would lose the special feel of the ones that already happened? The phrase "jump the shark" comes to mind.

Hear me out:
    Eddie really wants to play Wrigley. After much discussion, it happens in 2013. It's terrible. Heat, downpours and all sorts of nasty. Luckily, the various powers agree to let them play until two A.M.

This doesn't sit well in Eddie's mind. He wants to do it right. The various agents and managers sit down and hammer out a deal for two shows in 2016 (partially because European tour plans fell apart at the last moment.)

2016 happens. And it is GLORIOUS. Two absolutely perfect celebrations of the band and Eddie's favorite stadium.

Oh yeah. His favorite team also wins a certain piece of metal.

Talk about going out on top.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    I know Eddie has a special connection to Wrigley... but does anyone else feel as if more Wrigley shows would lose the special feel of the ones that already happened? The phrase "jump the shark" comes to mind.

Hear me out:
    Eddie really wants to play Wrigley. After much discussion, it happens in 2013. It's terrible. Heat, downpours and all sorts of nasty. Luckily, the various powers agree to let them play until two A.M.

This doesn't sit well in Eddie's mind. He wants to do it right. The various agents and managers sit down and hammer out a deal for two shows in 2016 (partially because European tour plans fell apart at the last moment.)

2016 happens. And it is GLORIOUS. Two absolutely perfect celebrations of the band and Eddie's favorite stadium.

Oh yeah. His favorite team also wins a certain piece of metal.

Talk about going out on top.
    I would prefer to not go back to Wrigley- it was kinda like when a QB win the Super Bowl and retires.  Go out on top.  Play bigger arenas, charge more for tickets.  Whatever you gotta do. 
  • Options
    Let’s keep the Denver talk going. Coors field has had a few shows recently and more scheduled for 2018
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    I need to cross Colorado off my Pearl Jam list.  Would love to make that happen!
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    I would prefer to not go back to Wrigley- it was kinda like when a QB win the Super Bowl and retires.  Go out on top.  Play bigger arenas, charge more for tickets.  Whatever you gotta do. 
    +1. But we’ll lose this battle. More Wrigley is coming. 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,762
    edited December 2017
    bbiggs said:
    +1. But we’ll lose this battle. More Wrigley is coming. 
    Agreed - Wrigley or United Center are the only likely venues for them in Chicago (apart from a Lolla appearance). I know Soldier Field would be a long shot, but I'd be game for that. Pretty sure we won't see them do Alpine Valley anymore, unfortunately.

Hell, I just need some dates in the US to travel to this year. Loved doing Boston/NY in '16 and want more excuses to see them in cities.
    Post edited by tschav on
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Would love to go to Colorado... but definitely not for a stadium show

I'll save my bullets for Red Rocks in 20 years lol
  • Options
    If you play Colorado.... how do you NOT play Red Rocks???
  • Options
     Montana type of trip would be very nice.  
    Pearl Jam + Fly Fishing = Best Trip Ever
  • Options
    KP278376 said:
     Montana type of trip would be very nice.  
    Pearl Jam + Fly Fishing = Best Trip Ever
    Did we just become best friends? Yep.