Options

Vault 7 processing/shipping has begun...

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I remember Cornell sounding rough in Santa Barbara. Wasnt a good time period for him. 
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,298
    DewieCox said:
    I’d love Santa Barbera, but it would probably be highly edited with all the guest spots.
    They'e released many shows with guests. I don't see why this would be different 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,906
    Just do a 96 show next. 

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Any random 98 show is a winner for me.  Australia. Hawaii. Etc
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Double Vault for next year, both 1996 Randall's Island shows!
    This would be amazing!
    NYPJ
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,213
    I'd like to see a solid '96 show. I know we've heard all those songs and it's a less diverse list of songs, but No Code fresh on it's promo tour would be awesome. My favorite Hail, Hail is still the Late Show appearance from that year. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,764
    I remember Cornell sounding rough in Santa Barbara. Wasnt a good time period for him. 
    They released Reach Down as the 2003 xmas single from this show, he sounds fine on that.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512
    edited December 2017
    DewieCox said:
    I’d love Santa Barbera, but it would probably be highly edited with all the guest spots.
    Yeah, I'd only want it if they can do the whole thing... Surely they could work that out. I.e. just ask the guests if they can do it. Surely nobody would refuse? It's not like any corporation has rights over those performances - I don't see why copyright or anything would be an issue in this case.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    PB11041 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PB11041 said:
    Time for vault 8 preorder.....no need to wait til June. 
    It is definitely time to do two things...
    Open up the vault from 1991 through 1998 in a more robust way.  Do a quarterly CD release and an annual Vinyl.  
    I've had enough of the 90s shows for now. Too many of the same songs on vinyl - I want shows from a time when their catalogue is bigger. What I really want is Santa Barbara 2003!
    Don't care about catalog, care about great shows, there are great shows from the Dave A and Jack Irons era that need to be put out. The later catalog is done with the CDs, though possibly doing something like Santa Barbara would be good.
    Orlando 2003 was a good time, too.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696
    mickcasey said:
    Is there a date for the Mp3's or FLAC files to be released? 
    Nope, and also no date on the CD pre sale.

Did anyone outside the USA receive a shipping confirmation on their Vault 7 vinyl?
  • Options
    dankind said:
    I always liked that show, have not actually listened or watched the dvd in years, but I just don't see them releasing that, but certainly it would be a logical 2003 choice.

• Options
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'd like to see the BSE get the vault vinyl treatment.

Sure, three are tons of bootleg import CDs, radio promo CDs, and incomplete bootleg vinyl releases out there. And I suppose that one could cobble together a nearly complete show from the various official "Dissident" releases.

Still, the BSE deserves a vinyl release worthy of its greatness.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    dankind said:
    I always liked that show, have not actually listened or watched the dvd in years, but I just don't see them releasing that, but certainly it would be a logical 2003 choice.
    There's a DVD?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    dankind said:
    PB11041 said:
    dankind said:
    There's a DVD?
    Fan made, sourced from a webcast.

But.. What the hell BSE means? I suppose you talking about Atlanta 94?
  • Options
    dankind said:
    PB11041 said:
    dankind said:
    There's a DVD?

Best

Show

Ever
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    PB11041 said:
    dankind said:
    There's a DVD?

Best

Show

Ever
    Tough to argue with that. The energy, the performance, and no duds in the set. 
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177
    dankind said:
    PB11041 said:
    dankind said:
    There's a DVD?

I got mine on a Maxell XL Cassette tape... taped right off of 107.9 Pirate radio in Panama City, FLA. includes post show DJ set until the station faded out.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,084
    I think the problem they run into with newer shows is the length.   The further back in time you go the shorter the shows were.  Thus the older shows are easier to try and fit on a reasonable amount of records.

I agree about Santa Barbara.  That would be an epic one to put on vinyl.  I'd gladly pay a little more for the set if it needed to be on 4 or 5 records to have nothing cut :)
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,298
    demetrios said:
    mickcasey said:
    Is there a date for the Mp3's or FLAC files to be released? 
    Nope, and also no date on the CD pre sale.

Did anyone outside the USA receive a shipping confirmation on their Vault 7 vinyl?
    I'm in the US and mine is still warehouse
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,818
    In the US, my label has been created. 
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    dankind said:
    PB11041 said:
    dankind said:
    There's a DVD?
    Yes.  As someone pointed out, fan made.  Honestly as I've already said, I have not watched it in years.

• Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    PB11041 said:
    dankind said:
    There's a DVD?

Best

Show

Ever
    Definitely one of the greatest encores if that or any era of PJ.

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:
    Yeah, I'd only want it if they can do the whole thing... Surely they could work that out. I.e. just ask the guests if they can do it. Surely nobody would refuse? It's not like any corporation has rights over those performances - I don't see why copyright or anything would be an issue in this case.

Youve got Jack Johnson, Cornell, John Frusciante and Lyle Workman. That’s probably at least 3 different record companies and 4 sets of management to go through to get clearance. Also, almost half the set is made up of covers. 
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    DewieCox said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:

Youve got Jack Johnson, Cornell, John Frusciante and Lyle Workman. That’s probably at least 3 different record companies and 4 sets of management to go through to get clearance. Also, almost half the set is made up of covers. 
    So? I don't see why it couldn't be done fairly easily, in relative terms. I mean, this is one of those things that band management gets paid for, right?? I hope we're not thinking that they shouldn't do anything unless it's super easy. Also, I'm not sure how much say a record company has over a live performance recording at someone else's show. And dealing with covers is par for the course.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    We’re talking PJ’s management and their current frame of mind. 

Record companies usually have some say over their signed artists appearing on another act’s album and people will want their cut of the profits. A few covers for a bootleg is one thing, but they’d be paying royalties on nearly half of the song list and that will be a big chunk of the profit.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    DewieCox said:
    We’re talking PJ’s management and their current frame of mind. 

Record companies usually have some say over their signed artists appearing on another act’s album and people will want their cut of the profits. A few covers for a bootleg is one thing, but they’d be paying royalties on nearly half of the song list and that will be a big chunk of the profit.
    Meh. Yeah, okay, if PJ management is feeling lazy and like nothing is worth putting in a little extra effort, then sure, we'll never see anything really cool again I guess? I hope that isn't the case though! I don't think just putting the whole Santa Barbara show on vinyl is an overwhelming, monumental task that is so difficult it's not perfectly doable - all they have to do is give a shit enough to get it done. There are live albums where many different artists have performed on them out there, and many, many more where the entire album is covers, let alone half of it. It's not like it's impossible or too great a financial issue to get done and make money with.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:

So? I don't see why it couldn't be done fairly easily, in relative terms. I mean, this is one of those things that band management gets paid for, right?? I hope we're not thinking that they shouldn't do anything unless it's super easy. Also, I'm not sure how much say a record company has over a live performance recording at someone else's show. And dealing with covers is par for the course.
    I don't think any of that is really an issue.  I think those are all logistical problems that are covered and sorted out by way of existing contracts etc.   The bigger issue is likely, do they think this show warrants being released.  If anything at this stage, it is also a bit of a challenge to do the complete show with Cornell's passing.  

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:

I don't think any of that is really an issue.  I think those are all logistical problems that are covered and sorted out by way of existing contracts etc.   The bigger issue is likely, do they think this show warrants being released.  If anything at this stage, it is also a bit of a challenge to do the complete show with Cornell's passing.  
    Yeah, I agree. I don't think those other issues are that big a deal. Sure, they have to think this show warrants release... I don't see why they wouldn't think so though. I've heard a shitty audience boot of it, and it's pretty cool. I don't see why it would really be a bigger challenge because Chris died.
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:

Eddie was still rocking his David Soul look at this show, too. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
     I don't see why it would really be a bigger challenge because Chris died. 
    For better or worse, things are in his estate's hands in the best case scenario if he had a will in order.  If he did not have things in order it is increasingly challenging because unfortunately there will be lawyers.