2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    edited December 2017

From the available weekends post for the NA ballparks this could be the schedule for the late summer...

July 28 weekend - Safeco - Seattle

Aug 4 weekend  - ATT Park - SF

Aug 11 weekend - Dodger Stadium  LA

Aug 18 weekend  - Wrigley - Chicago (This is only weekend other than Labour Day that makes sense)

Aug 25 weekend - Yankee - NY

Sept 1 weekend - Fenway - Boston (This seems to be a solid rumour)

Possible other ballpark dates - (Denver Aug 4 / Minnesota Jul 28,Aug 11/ NY (Yankee St) - Aug 4, Aug 25 / Philli July 28, Aug 11, Aug 25 )

None of this has any input from anything official. Just me spit balling.

Post edited by kerbjack on
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,344
    kerbjack said:

From the available weekends post for the NA ballparks this could be the schedule for the late summer...

July 28 weekend - Safeco - Seattle

Aug 4 weekend  - ATT Park - SF

Aug 11 weekend - Dodger Stadium  LA

Aug 18 weekend  - Wrigley - Chicago (This is only weekend other than Labour Day that makes sense)

Aug 25 weekend - Yankee - NY

Sept 1 weekend - Fenway - Boston (This seems to be a solid rumour)

Possible other ballpark dates - (Denver Aug 4 / Minnesota Jul 28,Aug 11/ NY (Yankee St) - Aug 4, Aug 25 / Philli July 28, Aug 11, Aug 25 )

None of this has any input from anything official. Just me spit balling.

Timeline makes sense to me... hoping only the 3 stadiums and maybe some arena shows mixed in
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .

Timeline makes sense to me... hoping only the 3 stadiums and maybe some arena shows mixed in
    Agreed. Like to have Red Rocks, the Gorge added along the way as well. But beggars cant be choosers at this point. Looking forward to some dates in the new year, and rocking out with the best band in the world, once again.
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    edited December 2017
    Didn't someone mention a California show in early August? OSL seems like a decent bet. Guessing Safeco (x2), OSL, Wrigley (x2), Fenway (x2) for the NA dates. Ed will play Ohana solo again in early September.
    Anyone have a rumblings on Lollapalooza? Been wondering if that might be the Chicago date instead of Wrigley again (though I could totally see Wrigley again)kerbjack said:

Agreed. Like to have Red Rocks, the Gorge added along the way as well. But beggars cant be choosers at this point. Looking forward to some dates in the new year, and rocking out with the best band in the world, once again.
    Word.
    chiefnjk said:
    Didn't someone mention a California show in early August? OSL seems like a decent bet. Guessing Safeco (x2), OSL, Wrigley (x2), Fenway (x2) for the NA dates. Ed will play Ohana solo again in early September.

OSL Is Aug 11 weekend in SF. If its just Safeco/Wrigley/Fenway, I can 100% see that happening too.
  • Boston will be a mess during the weekend of Sept 1st if thats the weekend colleges move back in.
    Anyone have a rumblings on Lollapalooza? Been wondering if that might be the Chicago date instead of Wrigley again (though I could totally see Wrigley again)kerbjack said:

Word.
    Lolla in Chicago is Aug 3-5, which if they skip Wrigley, could happen.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905
    kerbjack said:

Gorge and Safeco and are the same market (even if it's a 2.5 to 3 hour drive between them).  Unfortunately if they place Safeco, I highly doubt we get a Gorge show.

I also think Red Rocks is too small.  Band is starting a trend of playing fewer dates in bigger venues :(
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    kerbjack said:

Word.
    Lolla in Chicago is Aug 3-5, which if they skip Wrigley, could happen.
    Based on the hints that the Greek chap has dropped, it would appear that Chicago Lollapalooza is not in the cards.
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    Also, I can't seem them doing many (if any) US shows in July. Generally, they seem to take a bit of time off after each tour leg. Seeing as how they'll be in Europe for a month, leading into mid July, I would think August/September would be more likely for US dates.

• jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    I’ll be honest, I’ll be bummed if it’s just Wrigley, Boston and a couple other stadium shows.  Saw them at Boston and Wrigley last year and it was great, but definitely hoping for many more arena shows. I realize I’m totally spoiled, but watching a show on the Jumbotron just isn’t the same for me. Better than nothing I guess. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    jmug23 said:
    I’ll be honest, I’ll be bummed if it’s just Wrigley, Boston and a couple other stadium shows.  Saw them at Boston and Wrigley last year and it was great, but definitely hoping for many more arena shows. I realize I’m totally spoiled, but watching a show on the Jumbotron just isn’t the same for me. Better than nothing I guess. 
    No way they do not do a full west coast tour next fall imo. I have no info but it just makes sense. They are going to have a big year next year. 
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    PJNB said:
    jmug23 said:
    No way they do not do a full west coast tour next fall imo. I have no info but it just makes sense. They are going to have a big year next year. 
    Definitely hope you are right. Just hoping to hear some full tour rumors from some of our resident insiders to help ease my anxiety :)  hopefully early part of next year we will start to hear stuff. 
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    jmug23 said:
    Same here. I'm already bummed about the fact that Foo Fighters are doing Safeco instead of an arena, but I reluctantly bought a ticket. I'd much rather see a show in an arena, but if it's Safeco again for PJ then I guess I'll just have to find a way to be excited. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905
    PJNB said:
    jmug23 said:
    Its weird.   There's not that many big places to place on the West Coast.   Playing Safeco in the summer, then coming back in the fall and doing a West Coast tour without Seattle?  seems odd?  Usually Seattle (and some of the california shows) are the tentpoles that hold up the West Coast tour.   Then a few smaller markets like Vancouver, Portland and the odd even smaller market.
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:
    jmug23 said:
    Its weird.   There's not that many big places to place on the West Coast.   Playing Safeco in the summer, then coming back in the fall and doing a West Coast tour without Seattle?  seems odd?  Usually Seattle (and some of the california shows) are the tentpoles that hold up the West Coast tour.   Then a few smaller markets like Vancouver, Portland and the odd even smaller market.
    They would skip Seattle in the fall tour if they play Safeco in the summer just like they skipped Chicago in the 2013 tour after Wrigley and also the 2016 tour with Boston/Chicago. They have the midwest to play as well so there are plenty of markets to be hit. I really do not see them trending away from arenas honestly. I see them just mixing in the park shows with the main tours being completely separate like they have done in the past.  

Zod said:
    PJNB said:
    Denver, Phoenix, SF, SD, LA, Portland, Van, Calgary, Edm, LV...lots of bigger cites that have not seen a show in 5 years by next fall. Lots of markets, just a lot more spread out, making for a tougher tour.

Denver, Las Vegas, San Diego/LA run in the states and a Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver run in Canada would be perfect for me depending on the dates. 
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited December 2017
    The Rumour is that Pearl Jam will Tour Australia in 2018 haha...This will be the fourth time Pearl Jam have toured Europe since they last toured Australia...come on Pearl Jam Australia wants you to tour here...
    Post edited by i_lov_it on

i_lov_it said:
    The Rumour is that Pearl Jam will Tour Australia in 2018 haha...This will be the fourth time Pearl Jam have toured Europe since they last toured Australia...come on Pearl Jam Australia wants you to tour here...

Makes sense that Dec 2018 or Jan/Feb of 2019 is Down Under time...they have promised a busy 2018.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited December 2017
    kerbjack said:

i_lov_it said:

Makes sense that Dec 2018 or Jan/Feb of 2019 is Down Under time...they have promised a busy 2018.

Yeah actually earlier in the year I thought that maybe they would Tour Australia in maybe February or March 2018 but not to be...so here's hoping maybe around November or December 2018...that would be good :)
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
    This is seriously smelling like an album tour to me... cautiously optimistic 
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,827
    New albums, Vinyl in particular, do smell good. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,827
    edited December 2017
    Maybe this tour will be in support of the long awaited Xmas single. 
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    Maybe this tour will be in support of the long awaited Xmas single. 
    I like the way you think... 2016/2017 double EP let's go! Lol
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    They have played 3 shows in Las Vegas in the last 18 years 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,925
    my2hands said:
    They have played 3 shows in Las Vegas in the last 18 years 
    I would love to see PJ in Vegas! Let’s make it happen! 
  • pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    u fuckers are ready for the summer?
    seems pj will play shows..at all 3 months of next summer
    Am I hot or cold:
    California stadium show or shows in August 2018 
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I would like to visit Denver next summer