Options

10c Membership should I renew? Thoughts?

Just putting the question out there.  I am not really into the bootlegs to be honest, and the TShirt last year really sucked (IMO)  Never wore it, never will, most people do not even know what "Deep" is and i would have been really uncomfortable wearing it.

In prior years I really enjoyed it with great poster's, patches, buttons and a wearable shirt.

Does anyone know what this year will behold? (My renewal come up in January)  I know it may seem "cheap" but I live in Canada so any exclusive merch online is way too expensive to ship here now, and the last 2 shows I went to I really did not get any 10C benefit, and in fact got better seats for Toronto at a decent price with TicketMaster (I was rather shocked by that)

Anyone else in the same boat, or is it just me?

Honestly appreciated, nastiness not  :anguished:

Cheers,

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,531

It sounds like it comes down to concert tickets for you.  Either you want to pay $20/yr (digital version) for the chance at Ten Club tickets or want to take the risk not to.  

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,749
    If you have a membership number lower than mine, I'd say go ahead and let it lapse. Then, after they tour and you pay stub hub prices for tix, you can sign up again. 

:smile:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,908
    It sounds like you get no benefit from it. I’d say take a year off and see if you miss it. 
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    switch to digital
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,531

If you are a traveler for the band then stay in.  If you are in it for just shows in Toronto (or nearby), then you'll probably end up paying $60-$80 for the privilege to buy Toronto tickets. 

It seems like for the most part there are rumors before tours are announced so you can just not renew and then when the rumors seem legit (like they were for this Europe tour) you can get a new membership. 

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited December 2017
    sxwxgirl1 said:
    Just putting the question out there.  I am not really into the bootlegs to be honest, and the TShirt last year really sucked (IMO)  Never wore it, never will, most people do not even know what "Deep" is and i would have been really uncomfortable wearing it.

In prior years I really enjoyed it with great poster's, patches, buttons and a wearable shirt.

Does anyone know what this year will behold? (My renewal come up in January)  I know it may seem "cheap" but I live in Canada so any exclusive merch online is way too expensive to ship here now, and the last 2 shows I went to I really did not get any 10C benefit, and in fact got better seats for Toronto at a decent price with TicketMaster (I was rather shocked by that)

Cheers,
    I am also Canadian, and also don't think the annual item and the vinyl single/Deep mag are worth the $50 USD fee, so in 2017 I simply switched from analog to digital. Saved $30 USD, and I still get a chance to access 10C only tix (i.e. the pit in Canada), still get the newsletter, access to 10C member only items (i.e. the Vault vinyl and other exclusive items - very important to me), and I keep posting access to this forum. All that is well worth $20 USD a year IMO.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,354
    Since you have to ask, you already know that you don't want to renew. So, don't renew.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    edited December 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    sxwxgirl1 said:

Cheers,
    I am also Canadian, and also don't think the annual item and the vinyl single/Deep mag are worth the $50 USD fee, so in 2017 I simply switched from analog to digital. Saved $30 USD, and I still get a chance to access 10C only tix (i.e. the pit in Canada), still get the newsletter, access to 10C member only items (i.e. the Vault vinyl and other exclusive items - very important to me), and I keep posting access to this forum. All that is well worth $20 USD a year IMO.
    Agreed. The chance at tickets alone is worth the $20 imo. If you do not like GA or have a high number and your reserved seats are just ok and you want to be closer then cancel. If not switch to digital for the tickets.
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,282
    If you have a membership number lower than mine, I'd say go ahead and let it lapse. Then, after they tour and you pay stub hub prices for tix, you can sign up again. 

This is my general thoughts also..  If you have a lower number lower than 145,000, please do not renew.  If it's higher than that, do whatever you want.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    If you have to ask, the answer is "no."
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,185
    digital

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    I’ve just switched to Digital. I am not really interested anymore in Holidays vinyl or Ten club packages but the possibility to enter the lottery (got my 4 choices for the forthcoming European tour) and to buy exclusives such as vault is really worth 20$.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Can you afford to "waste" $20/year? If so, switch to digital. If you don't renew, you may regret one day.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103
    I wouldn't cancel but switch to digital.   At least put yourself in a position to still get tickets.  I myself have often thought about downgrading to digital and trying to acquire the xmas single directly (usually 10c sells leftovers, or some fans sell 'em).   If I didn't want the xmas single I'd go digital for sure.   The tshirts and mp3 download aren't what has me paying extra.
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for your comments and ideas!  I think going digital would be an amazing switch for me!  Over the years I have traveled far and wide for PJ and EV, but now am sticking more local (and by local I mean almost anywhere in Canada) I really appreciate all your feedback   Thank you!
  • Options
    I also think about downgrading since customs is expensive here in the UK. And their last 10c shirt is ugly hahaha
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    im thinking about downgrading because i havent received a deep magazine or record in 2 years. 
  • Options
    PJ0610PJ0610 Posts: 21

For me the last singles are not on the same Level as the older ...

Marcel Frey
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    damn... I thought the deep shirt was one of the better ones they've done in a long time. do to digital

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    I’ve been a 10C member for many years and I have never received a T-shirt, ugly or not. What the xxx?
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • Options
    I’ve been a 10C member for many years and I have never received a T-shirt, ugly or not. What the xxx?
    Same here 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Nami said:
    damn... I thought the deep shirt was one of the better ones they've done in a long time. do to digital

I didn't get one, but I also wouldn't be caught dead in that shirt. The sexual jokes would come fast and furious if I wore that, without a doubt.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,470
    mr bungle said:

This is my general thoughts also..  If you have a lower number lower than 145,000, please do not renew.  If it's higher than that, do whatever you want.
    Numbers have been pretty much meaningless since they switched to having a GA pit in front of the reserved section.
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,455
    Same here 
    Ditto. Been an analog member since 2010 and have never seen a shirt. Not complaining as I have too many now. 
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    I was going to downgrade as mine renews this week but the difference is $20 which it would probably cost me to buy from the shop and ship to the UK anyway.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    You have to go to the shop and "buy" it with your free membership code. Did you do that?
    Most years I dont bother, like many said, usually not worth the 2 minutes of time it takes to do it for the shirts we get.
    I will probably be switching for that reason, because I am basically paying $20 for the xmas single. I could get it for less than that if I switch to digital.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    TJ25487 said:
    Same here 
    Ditto. Been an analog member since 2010 and have never seen a shirt. Not complaining as I have too many now. 
    The last three years you had to use the code they send you in your renewal email to order the item from the shop.  They don't just send it to you automatically.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,455
    KC138045 said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Same here 
    The last three years you had to use the code they send you in your renewal email to order the item from the shop.  They don't just send it to you automatically.
    That makes sense as I just checked my account and it shows 3 expired codes. Thanks for the info. 
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    PJ_Soul said:
    Nami said:

I didn't get one, but I also wouldn't be caught dead in that shirt. The sexual jokes would come fast and furious if I wore that, without a doubt.
    thats the beauty in the shirt... i remember the day when the wife asked me what was 'up' with the shirt
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Light up a doober....listen to a few 1998-2003 boots...have a glass of wine..Head over to the "I am high on marijuana right now" thread and you will find your answer there...
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"