2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 204
    This could be a longshot....but any chance they make it up to us in NC and swing by here next summer??
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    NDJeff7 said:
    This could be a longshot....but any chance they make it up to us in NC and swing by here next summer??
    I think they should do it.  
    So any word about when Australia might happen next?  I heard golf is great in australia during November or December.
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    So any word about when Australia might happen next?  I heard golf is great in australia during November or December. Haha....any time is a good time for golf! 
  • kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    ZeldaZonk said:
    CopperTom said:
    PJNB said:
    u fuckers are ready for the summer?
    seems pj will play shows..at all 3 months of next summer
    wh....what
    What about the 4th month of summer though.... This is just a guess
    June - Euro
    July- Euro/Wrigley
    Aug- Safeco plus another stadium
    September - Fenway
    Safeco open - Mariners away

August 6 - 15
    August 24 - September 2
    September 13 - 23
    You read my mind because I was going to do some detective work on dates to try and narrow it down. I think we're very likely going to see a Safeco show next summer from the boys.
    Foo Fighters are there Sept 1. 

July 27, Aug 11, Aug 24 are Safeco dates between Euro tour and Labor Day. Doubt they will do stadium dates after Sept 1, harder to travel.
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    edited December 2017
    Lollapalooza Paris announced the dates this morning for July 22 and 23.
    I think that rules Pearl Jam out. But stranger things have happened.
    Edit: Put up last years line up by mistake, no lineup announcement yet.
    Post edited by Princess Bulldozer on
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited December 2017
    Don't care about Safeco... only stadium show I would go to is the local philly shows, except maybe cleveland... Seattle shows suck, that's why they don't ever play there lol

But arena shows, that's a different story... I would DEFINITELY love a Raleigh makeup date
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    my2hands said:
    Don't care about Safeco... only stadium show I would go to is the local philly shows, except maybe cleveland... Seattle shows suck, that's why they don't ever play there lol

But arena shows, that's a different story... I would DEFINITELY love a Raleigh makeup date
    Doesn’t sound like Cleveland is in the mix unfortunately.... the wait continues
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    Ampitheaters mixed in would work as well... what do you think Malaka?
    edited December 2017
    my2hands said:

I do care about Safeco cause its been 4 years (will be 5 next year) since they have played a non festival show this side of the Rockies. I plan on going and changing the Seattle poor show reputation on my own if I have to ;)

Now that the trans Congresswoman has taken over that bigots spot, you may have a fighting chance for the Raleigh show.

As for ampatheatres, I'd love the Gorge, but that seems to be a pipe dream at this point, they only have a handful of show there now.

Post edited by kerbjack on
    edited December 2017

Took a look at the 4 stadiums I've seen rumours for this next summer, and the free weekends between the end of the Euro tour July 12/18 until the first weekend in Sept, when I don't see many big shows happening.

Boston - Fenway

July 21 - (Foos Fighters)

Aug 11

Aug 25

Sep 1

Wrigley - Chicago

July 28 (Foo Fighters there the 29th/30th)

Aug 8

Sept 1

Safeco -Seattle

July 28

Aug 11

Aug 25

Sept 1 (Foo Fighters - Long weekend, could play Sun/Mon after?)

Dodger Stadium - LA

July 21

July 28

Aug 11

Aug 18

Another date that makes sense around this time would be the Outside Lands in SF on Aug 10-13. They have promised a busy 2018 in that Dec newsletter. I'd wager an album, and a pretty fair sized tour (4 or 5 NA Baseball parks, 2 or 3 festivals, hopefully a couple ampatheatres) this summer/fall after a year off... and Australia/NZ leg in the winter/spring.

Post edited by kerbjack on
    Outside Lands would make a lot of sense 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    so he did didnt do the april ones,he just play 2 shows end of march
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    so he did didnt do the april ones,he vjust play 2 shows end of march
    And will PJ do AMS2???
    Interesting.  I had assumed the album was on hold.
    Little Brazilian vacation with his boy Glen... good stuff
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    bummer, was kind of hoping he would do some North America stuff after SA.  Oh well, have to wait until fall/ winter I guess.
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    kerbjack said:
    my2hands said:

I do care about Safeco cause its been 4 years (will be 5 next year) since they have played a non festival show this side of the Rockies. I plan on going and changing the Seattle poor show reputation on my own if I have to ;)

Now that the trans Congresswoman has taken over that bigots spot, you may have a fighting chance for the Raleigh show.

As for ampatheatres, I'd love the Gorge, but that seems to be a pipe dream at this point, they only have a handful of show there now.

I think you have your Virginia politicians confused with your North Carolina politics. Raleigh, NC, show was cancelled due to HB2. Virginia elected the trans person to Congress.

PJ still should make-up the Raleigh date. We all missed out on a great night and I had been looking forward to a home show.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Alright people where are the Fenway rumours? September 1st weekend or another date...?
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    kerbjack said:
    my2hands said:

I think you have your Virginia politicians confused with your North Carolina politics. Raleigh, NC, show was cancelled due to HB2. Virginia elected the trans person to Congress.

PJ still should make-up the Raleigh date. We all missed out on a great night and I had been looking forward to a home show.

Eh, vote for the minority party?
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

Hey PJ,

Please come back to NC now that we voted the racist, homophobic governor out of office.

Thank you. See you this summer.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    bbiggs said:
    Sarava said:
    HELL YEAH LETS GO.  Just moved from Seattle to Michigan...  should I go home this summer and see my family or stay put and enjoy the Midwest? 
    always good to be home!
    Uh oh, that doesn't sound good for the chances of Wrigley shows.
    I’d be surprised if Wrigley didn’t happen. I’d prefer other venues personally but I wouldn’t bet against Wrigley. 
    I would bet against it... with Let's Play Two don't you think it's kind of an overkill for Wrigley so soon again.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    myoung321 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Sarava said:
    HELL YEAH LETS GO.  Just moved from Seattle to Michigan...  should I go home this summer and see my family or stay put and enjoy the Midwest? 
    always good to be home!
    I’d be surprised if Wrigley didn’t happen. I’d prefer other venues personally but I wouldn’t bet against Wrigley. 
    I would bet against it... with Let's Play Two don't you think it's kind of an overkill for Wrigley so soon again.

I was thinking the same thing, but by the summer it will be almost 2 years since they last played the friendly confines.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2 shows at Wrigley sells 70,000+ tickets... plus shirts, posters, stickers, etc... 

Why would they play anywhere else in such a massive market, outside of Soldier Field & Lolla?
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    myoung321 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Sarava said:
    always good to be home!
    I agree it may seem like overkill since the last show PJ played was Wrigley and here we are talking about it again, but the lack of touring by the band and rumored 2018 stadium swing lead me to believe Wrigley is on.  While it may not be the most popular choice around here, they’ll sell out 2 shows in minutes. Most “bang for the buck” so to speak.  And you may be underestimating Ed’s relationship with Theo and the Cubs front office.  Wrigley is happening imo. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    my2hands said:
    2 shows at Wrigley sells 70,000+ tickets... plus shirts, posters, stickers, etc... 

Why would they play anywhere else in such a massive market, outside of Soldier Field & Lolla?
    Agreed. Although I’d prefer United Center or Allstate Arena if I had my choice. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Wrigley Field x2 is something that I foresee happening every other year until further notice.  I agree with people underestimating Ed's relationship with Theo and the Cubs, and like someone else said, its an instant 70,000+ ticket sales.  Instant.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    I want to go to the Kettlehouse Ampitheater in Missoula... 

• ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    kerbjack said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    CopperTom said:
    PJNB said:
    wh....what
    What about the 4th month of summer though.... This is just a guess
    June - Euro
    July- Euro/Wrigley
    Aug- Safeco plus another stadium
    September - Fenway
    Safeco open - Mariners away

August 6 - 15
    August 24 - September 2
    September 13 - 23
    You read my mind because I was going to do some detective work on dates to try and narrow it down. I think we're very likely going to see a Safeco show next summer from the boys.
    Foo Fighters are there Sept 1. 

July 27, Aug 11, Aug 24 are Safeco dates between Euro tour and Labor Day. Doubt they will do stadium dates after Sept 1, harder to travel.
    I'm actually going to the Foo show, so if PJ does end up doing a Safeco show then I guess I'll be going twice. Can't wait to see how this all plays out!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    kerbjack said:
    my2hands said:

Yeah, the Raleigh cancellation was so lame. I flew from Seattle for that show and the Hampton show, and the announcement of the cancellation came as I was leaving my hotel to go to the Hampton show. While I am happy to have at least seen them in Hampton, the mood was ruined and it affected my enjoyment of the show. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016