Options

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

Comments

• Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Seeing him later this year at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles....got pit tickets....Cat Power is opening!

:grin: Cool. I haven't seen Cat Power for a few years now. She'll be cool too. They didn't have an opener here last night just straight into it.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

morello said:

Reviving this old'ish thread to save from starting a whole new one & maybe with a chance of connecting with some of the folk who've posted on here........

Saw Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds here in Auckland, New Zealand last night on their Skeleton Street tour & OMG it was amazing! So much energy! Such fabulous musicians! Such charisma from Nick! Just WOW! :open_mouth::bow: If anyone can go to a show on this tour & highly recommend it!

Our setlist:
    Anthrocene
    Jesus Alone
    Magneto
    Higgs Boson Blues
    From Her To Eternity
    Tupelo
    Jubilee Street
    The Ship Song
    Into My Arms
    Girl In Amber
    I Need You
    Red Right Hand
    The Mercy Seat
    Distant Sky
    Skeleton Tree
    People Ain’t No Good
    Jack The Ripper
    Nobody’s Baby Now
    Stagger Lee
    Push The Sky Away

A review, & photos by a friend of my husband's:
    13thfloor.co.nz/?p=78728

that's a great setist!

really tempted to get tickets for the Portland show, but there's a chance we may be moving. So, I'm holding off.
    Oh do it if you can!! It was honestly SOOOOOO good!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    morello said:

mfc2006 said:

morello said:

Reviving this old'ish thread to save from starting a whole new one & maybe with a chance of connecting with some of the folk who've posted on here........

Saw Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds here in Auckland, New Zealand last night on their Skeleton Street tour & OMG it was amazing! So much energy! Such fabulous musicians! Such charisma from Nick! Just WOW! :open_mouth::bow: If anyone can go to a show on this tour & highly recommend it!

Our setlist:
    Anthrocene
    Jesus Alone
    Magneto
    Higgs Boson Blues
    From Her To Eternity
    Tupelo
    Jubilee Street
    The Ship Song
    Into My Arms
    Girl In Amber
    I Need You
    Red Right Hand
    The Mercy Seat
    Distant Sky
    Skeleton Tree
    People Ain’t No Good
    Jack The Ripper
    Nobody’s Baby Now
    Stagger Lee
    Push The Sky Away

13thfloor.co.nz/?p=78728

that's a great setist!

really tempted to get tickets for the Portland show, but there's a chance we may be moving. So, I'm holding off.
    Believe me, we want to! We saw them a couple of years ago with Mark Lanegan opening & it was amazing. Hope you're doing well!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

morello said:

mfc2006 said:

morello said:

Our setlist:
    Anthrocene
    Jesus Alone
    Magneto
    Higgs Boson Blues
    From Her To Eternity
    Tupelo
    Jubilee Street
    The Ship Song
    Into My Arms
    Girl In Amber
    I Need You
    Red Right Hand
    The Mercy Seat
    Distant Sky
    Skeleton Tree
    People Ain’t No Good
    Jack The Ripper
    Nobody’s Baby Now
    Stagger Lee
    Push The Sky Away

13thfloor.co.nz/?p=78728

that's a great setist!

Believe me, we want to! We saw them a couple of years ago with Mark Lanegan opening & it was amazing. Hope you're doing well!
    Hey. Yeah I'm all good although no Pearl Jam for me for almost 3 years now! OMG! :anguished:
    <hr>
  • Options
    morello said:

mfc2006 said:

morello said:

mfc2006 said:

morello said:

Our setlist:
    Anthrocene
    Jesus Alone
    Magneto
    Higgs Boson Blues
    From Her To Eternity
    Tupelo
    Jubilee Street
    The Ship Song
    Into My Arms
    Girl In Amber
    I Need You
    Red Right Hand
    The Mercy Seat
    Distant Sky
    Skeleton Tree
    People Ain’t No Good
    Jack The Ripper
    Nobody’s Baby Now
    Stagger Lee
    Push The Sky Away

13thfloor.co.nz/?p=78728

that's a great setist!

Hey. Yeah I'm all good although no Pearl Jam for me for almost 3 years now! OMG! :anguished:
    Same here! Last show was Seattle 2013....and that needs to be fixed this year.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    mfc2006 said:

morello said:

mfc2006 said:

morello said:

mfc2006 said:

morello said:

Our setlist:
    Anthrocene
    Jesus Alone
    Magneto
    Higgs Boson Blues
    From Her To Eternity
    Tupelo
    Jubilee Street
    The Ship Song
    Into My Arms
    Girl In Amber
    I Need You
    Red Right Hand
    The Mercy Seat
    Distant Sky
    Skeleton Tree
    People Ain’t No Good
    Jack The Ripper
    Nobody’s Baby Now
    Stagger Lee
    Push The Sky Away

13thfloor.co.nz/?p=78728

that's a great setist!

Same here! Last show was Seattle 2013....and that needs to be fixed this year.
    Oh gawd! I've seen them since you then. My last show was January 2014.

I hope you get a show/some shows this year then. I don't think we will down here. Maybe next summer for us though. They'll be well due here by then.
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    edited January 2017
    I was at the Auckland show too, my second time seeing these guys, fucking brilliant to say the least! Not quite as good as last time a couple of years back when they played at The Civic Theatre, a perfect venue for Nick Cave, but not far off.

Highlights for me were Tupelo, Red Right Hand, I Need You off their latest album was so sad and amazing, plus I got to hear Stagger Lee for the first time live! I'd recommend anyone to try catch them live, definitely up there with the best gigs and artists I've ever been to see.. :)
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    reesdog said:

I was at the Auckland show too, my second time seeing these guys, fucking brilliant to say the least! Not quite as good as last time a couple of years back when they played at The Civic Theatre, a perfect venue for Nick Cave, but not far off.

Highlights for me were Tupelo, Red Right Hand, I Need You off their latest album was so sad and amazing, plus I got to hear Stagger Lee for the first time live! I'd recommend anyone to try catch them live, definitely up there with the best gigs and artists I've ever been to see.. :)

I was at both Civic gigs in 2014 too + the Big Day out in 1996 & I'm pretty sure I would have seen him before those 2 dates as well. Yep, I loved Red Right Hand & Stagger Lee. I love that bell/chime on Red Right Hand. I was transfixed to it each time it tolled. :grin:
    <hr>
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,493
    Summer in Greece!!!..so, i guess there is Europe tour guys..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,881
    edited February 2017

Nick Cave and Warren Ellis's soundtrack to "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" comes out November 13! It sounded so good in the film. I liked it more than the Proposition soundtrack.

Excellent soundtrack, one of my favorites.... Just a dark and strange vibe with a little bit of light and a beautiful haunting sound. (great movie as well). He's done a few soundtracks, good stuff........ And yes, Nick Cave &The Bad Seeds are awesome. "Bring it On" is a great jam to crank up...
    Post edited by Attaway77 on
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Attaway77 said:

Nick Cave and Warren Ellis's soundtrack to "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" comes out November 13! It sounded so good in the film. I liked it more than the Proposition soundtrack.

Excellent soundtrack, one of my favorites.... Just a dark and strange vibe with a little bit of light and a beautiful haunting sound. (great movie as well). He's done a few soundtracks, good stuff........ And yes, Nick Cave &The Bad Seeds are awesome. "Bring it On" is a great jam to crank up...
    Holy shit that's nick cave! That is basically my lingering memory of seeing that movie. In the cinema.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    pljampljam Posts: 387
    Nick Cave played the Sidney Myre Music Bowl here in Melbourne Australia just over a week ago,my best mate I have known for 40yrs who has no bullshit element at all, is head of security at the Melbourne Arts Centre who own the bowl where Cave played,anyhow long story short,my mate has no real interest in music and wouldn't know any artists by sight
    Joe (the mate) was having a smoke backstage on night one and said this guy walked up to him and simply said "how you going",Joe replied better if I was at home"yes I get it"said the new smoke partner,anyway Joe said this guy spoke for at least 10 min asking Joe about his life,wishing him a good night and walked away
    Joe walked back to do what he had to do and his work mates started giving him shit about his new mate,as you have worked out it was Nick Cave,Joe didn't have a clue.Joe was taken back after finding out it was Nick on how much of a down to earth guy he is and how he asked Joe about his life through the conversation duration
    I am actually not a fan of Nicks music but respect him as an artist but figured it was worth a post to all you that are fans to the man he is but you might already know that,figured it was worth sharing
  • Options
    Cool. Thanks for passing that story on pljam. Always great to hear when famous musos are cool people too. :smiley:
    <hr>
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Not summer finally..
    http://www.nickcave.com/
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    that's an awesome story!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    He will be coming here in October. We HAVE to get tickets for this one...
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - One More Time With Feeling.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Picked this beauty up over the Easter weekend, x2 DVD documentary of the making of their last album Skeleton Tree, the packaging itself is great. The film is shot all in black and white and it just gets sadder and sadder as it goes along hearing Nick and his family talk about the grief of what they went through. A tough watch, but also a great companion to the superb album..
  • Options
    reesdog said:

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - One More Time With Feeling.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Picked this beauty up over the Easter weekend, x2 DVD documentary of the making of their last album Skeleton Tree, the packaging itself is great. The film is shot all in black and white and it just gets sadder and sadder as it goes along hearing Nick and his family talk about the grief of what they went through. A tough watch, but also a great companion to the superb album..

Very emotional..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 773
    Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds... holy shit... I had no idea. I had front row balcony for the show at Massey Hall last night and was completely blown away. I thought the show would be more of a dark drone, especially with the new album. It was dark at times but definitely did not drone on. Going again tonight... 5th row centre floor for the complete experience.
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    They never disappoint live in the times that I've seen them. Watching Nick is like watching a preacher sermon a church.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    To watch Nick is like ceremony..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    They are one of the best live bands I've ever seen, Nick is mesmerising and The Seeds are phenomenal..
  • Options
    qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 773
    Nick somehow raised his game to another level last night, and put on an even better show than the night before. He did it despite a crowd that was sort of lame compared to the first night. He came out into the crowd during the last song, and stood on the back of my chair for most of it! Killer show, killer band. Already jonesing for the next album and tour. I am converted and hooked.

• Options
    I saw him 2 days ago..amazing show, great night..he was so awesome..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Saw Cave with the Seeds some weeks ago. It was brilliant! Even better than expected.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    cornelia.hcornelia.h Vienna Posts: 47
    bluegrace said:
    Saw Cave with the Seeds some weeks ago. It was brilliant! Even better than expected.
    Same here, his show in Vienna on Nov 1 was awesome!
    Salzburg 2000, Vienna 2006, Munich 2007, Novarock 2007, Prag, Berlin 1 + 2, Stockholm 2012, EV London 1 + 2 2012, Vienna 2014, EV Berlin 2017, Berlin 2018, EV Amsterdam I + II 2019
  • Options
    Masterpiece!!!..the emotions and the energy are unreal..
    https://youtu.be/-FTGPRWJehg
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 687
    Awesome news - going to see him this weekend and am excited for the show and the coming album.
  • Options
    Awesome.  I love that they call it a double album and there are 11 songs.  Need something new to listen to so this is great.