The Food Thread

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Food & Stuff

:lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Food & Stuff

:lol:
    It's where I buy all of my food...and most of my stuff 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    It is equidistant between my home and my work
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Wait till Lidl blows up around here...
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    edited December 2017
    Woops
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited December 2017
    It's office potluck day today, so I just had a big lunch of really fucking gross, lukewarm dishes. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Braised lamb shanks over a lentil, mint salad. Absolutely banging though I could have braised the lamb for another 20 or so minutes. Wasn't as fall off the bone as in the past.

lamb is the best
    That looks great and awful at the same time.  I live stuff like that.

Nice eggs!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    PJ_Soul said:
    It's office potluck day today, so I just had a big lunch of really fucking gross, lukewarm dishes. :lol:
    I try my best not to participate in office potlucks anymore.  Let alone the dishes, half of the people I work with are really fucking gross!
    Potluck from people you believe to be clean & decent cooks?  Awesome.
    Otherwise?  Not so much.

I would be afraid of someone loading their dish with ex*lax or something.  (Beats burning the building down, but there are a lot of weirdos these days.)
    Give me some good weekend slow cook projects.

Have already done the following this year

Chili
    Lamb Stew
    Italian Bread Soup
    Braised Lamb Shanks

Want to do something good and new this weekend.  What advice have you all?
    Moonshine

Do a good pork shoulder.  Slow & low for some Ox Cheeks as well. 
    If you can nail the pork there are few things better.
    Some slaw, some rolls, and a few forks. 
    Destroy that stuff.

Ribs! 
    Moonshine

Destroy that stuff.

I was thinking some sort of pork project. I do something similar to this every year so gonna have to do something a bit different.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017068-porchetta-pork-roast

The Ox Cheeks are enticing now.  Gonna have to look into that a bit.
    rgambs said:
    Ribs! 
    Yeah, I was thinking short ribs.  Mentioned them last weekend and the wife didn't seem thrilled, but 'tis a new week.
    PJ_Soul said:
    I try my best not to participate in office potlucks anymore.  Let alone the dishes, half of the people I work with are really fucking gross!
    I absolutely hate them... but people who don't participate are seen as antisocial, so I just suck it up and do it anyway. I dread them.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I absolutely hate them... but people who don't participate are seen as antisocial, so I just suck it up and do it anyway. I dread them.
    What's it like to care about what people in your workplace think about you? 

The worse they think about me as a person the better. Stay the fuck away from my desk! It's the one with coffee and hot sauce stains all over it and that smells like stale fish--you know, the fish that made everything in the microwave taste like it for a week--and Indian food. 

Stop asking me to participate in your stupid "forced fun" activities. There will never be a time when I reply yes.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited December 2017
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    What's it like to care about what people in your workplace think about you? 

The worse they think about me as a person the better. Stay the fuck away from my desk! It's the one with coffee and hot sauce stains all over it and that smells like stale fish--you know, the fish that made everything in the microwave taste like it for a week--and Indian food. 

Stop asking me to participate in your stupid "forced fun" activities. There will never be a time when I reply yes.
    Wow, lol. That isn't what it's about. I like my colleagues. I also absolutely love Indian food. ;) I agree that nobody should bring fucking fish for lunch though. :lol:
    There is one extremely disgusting person in my office, but we have over 30 people, so that is a pretty good ratio. And that revolting weirdo is the ONLY person in the office who doesn't go to the potluck, thank god.
    As for "forced fun" activities... Well, that's not fun for sure. But I actually like most of my colleagues, so it's not much of an issue. It's the icky food and that chaos of a potluck in a small lunch room I don't like, not the people.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    Moonshine

Destroy that stuff.

I was thinking some sort of pork project. I do something similar to this every year so gonna have to do something a bit different.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017068-porchetta-pork-roast

The Ox Cheeks are enticing now.  Gonna have to look into that a bit.
    If can pull off the pork shoulder you can have food for a few days, tacos one day pulled pork the next. Ox cheeks are amazing but harder to find. Try oxtails or beef short ribs.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    edited December 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm so happy that I work from home and only talk to my dog all day long.  Absolutely hated that nonsense when I worked in an office everyday.
    Don't know what to call it besides delicious.

Two different ones?
    A chicken monster quesadilla and a beef monster quesadilla?
    One giant hot pie?
      A megadilla?
    It's a layer of cheeses, layer of Cuban black beans and rice, and a layer of chicken.  4 tortillas separating and containing.

rgambs said:
      A megadilla?
    It's a layer of cheeses, layer of Cuban black beans and rice, and a layer of chicken.  4 tortillas separating and containing.

You’re a madman!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Ahh, phone viewing lead me to believe that was ground beef.
    I think that sounds delicious, although if there was a way to make it a traditional pie and only have tortillas on the outside I think it would sound even better.

Is that hot sauce under the chicken?  Did you use two pans to flip it?  (Figuring it must have been fairly heavy.)

An interesting take on the classic burrito!
    Ahh, phone viewing lead me to believe that was ground beef.
    I think that sounds delicious, although if there was a way to make it a traditional pie and only have tortillas on the outside I think it would sound even better.

Is that hot sauce under the chicken?  Did you use two pans to flip it?  (Figuring it must have been fairly heavy.)

An interesting take on the classic burrito!
    "Interesting" is code for "madness."

Madness, I say!!

This is the very type of culinary experimentation that is born of reefer madness!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    rgambs said:
      A megadilla?

If I were you, I'd trademark that name before Taco Bell snags it up!  Looks awesome!!!