I'm high on marijuana RIGHT NOW!!

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Wasting food just kills me.  I wonder if the above is actually eaten (same for other "world's biggest" foodstuffs like pizza, burger, etc.).

Anyway...our Saturday morning ritual has commenced!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    hedonist said:
    Wasting food just kills me.  I wonder if the above is actually eaten (same for other "world's biggest" foodstuffs like pizza, burger, etc.).

Anyway...our Saturday morning ritual has commenced!
    But I ate the WHOLE thing!  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

BLACK35 said:
    brianlux said:
    Is that for a group munchies fest.....best suited for parties
    I promise I'll share next time!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Husband and I shared most of a Cavicone and watched an old ep of Homeland (can't wait till that is back!) - now he's in the bedroom playing online (not that kind, though I'd be fine with it =) ) and listening to PJ's version of Baba, and I've got All in Family here - Draft Dodger (Christmas).

I do love Saturdays like this :)

And it should be a beautiful pre-supermoon shortly!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    hedonist said:
    Husband and I shared most of a Cavicone and watched an old ep of Homeland (can't wait till that is back!) - now he's in the bedroom playing online (not that kind, though I'd be fine with it =) ) and listening to PJ's version of Baba, and I've got All in Family here - Draft Dodger (Christmas).

The moon was gorgeous this morning when I left the house at 5am with a full buffalolung of sweet sticky.
    The heavy frost was lit up like the world was gilt in silver.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:
    hedonist said:

The moon was gorgeous this morning when I left the house at 5am with a full buffalolung of sweet sticky.
    The heavy frost was lit up like the world was gilt in silver.
    I've seen some of those gilded photos of yours, gambo.

The moon here is beautiful and bright, but super?  More like anti-climactic :angry:

Still, a lovely evening, a never-ending bowl (hitting up the hybrid and Indica - fucking back!), and looking forward to a new Curb in less than an hour.
    Stuck with the Lion King for now, but we finished Season 1 of Stranger Things earlier and it was an entertaining dealing!
    I watched almost seven episodes of the first season today :blush:

Those kiddos are fantastic!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Who's a happy Stoner today? This gal! :triumph:
    I just came home with my free ounce of top shelf MMJ. My dispensary has a point system and I am very disciplined when it comes to saving them. And now I have a beautiful array of Sativa, Hybrid and Indica before me and I feel like a kid in a candy store...don't know what to choose first! If only I could convey to you all my utter joy at this moment. :heart:
    Damn!  Must be nice to have options.  Wanna hook a fellow AZ'er up?   :D   
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Well folks, I finally did it! I finally set myself on fire. Almost. I knew this day would come. :lol:
    Well folks, I finally did it! I finally set myself on fire. Almost. I knew this day would come. :lol:
    Been listening to some Arthur Brown lately, RS?

• RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    brianlux said:
    Been listening to some Arthur Brown lately, RS?

:lol:  
    I did a double tap this morning, had to cash out from last night to get to the green.
    5am, hit the road to hit the gym, and Classic Vinyl gifted me with The Rain Song right away, now that's how you start a day right!
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Gosh I wish I knew a dealer. I need something to take the pain away.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    God Damn, man.
    things are never as bad as it seems.
    thank some Tylenol PM... go to sleep and then wake up in a different state of mind.
    then you can go find a dealer.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:
    God Damn, man.
    things are never as bad as it seems.
    thank some Tylenol PM... go to sleep and then wake up in a different state of mind.
    then you can go find a dealer.
    Not physical
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Weed doesn't take the pain away, fixing the problem takes the pain away. 
    Weed definitely makes some pains easier to bear while you hammer away at that solution!
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Weed always made me way too paranoid and who knows WTH it was laced with back then and the combo of the experimental drugs of the 90's probably didn't help my psychosis either .... only way out of that was to clean and throw everything away like a madman,  stay busy!! 

Not a terrible side effect I suppose, but I always enjoyed those rare occasions when I could actually smoke a joint, laugh, relax and hold a conversation...any conversation. That being said... I haven't smoked weed in probably 15+ years... Truthfully...I stayed away from it because it occassionally felt like it triggered a bad acid flashback... yes I experimented few times with psychadelics. Maybe 5 times in the 90s. With the new, more regulated marijuana I feel like I could actually special order something that could help me get over my "fear of paranoia" marijuana. I would like to try something to relax me, but not make me paranoid. Just a tiny bit. What to try?
    I definitely don't need paranoia. I wouldn't mind heightened visual and auditory experiences and relaxation.
    I think it just depends on the combination of strain and your personality.

This Gorilla Glue we have is a stellar hybrid - brings ease and calm to the body, and not too much overthinking to the brain (just enough).

Although watching a random ep of Black Mirror for the first time while partaking is a fucking fun mental blast.
    Weed always made me way too paranoid and who knows WTH it was laced with back then and the combo of the experimental drugs of the 90's probably didn't help my psychosis either .... only way out of that was to clean and throw everything away like a madman,  stay busy!! 

Not a terrible side effect I suppose, but I always enjoyed those rare occasions when I could actually smoke a joint, laugh, relax and hold a conversation...any conversation. That being said... I haven't smoked weed in probably 15+ years... Truthfully...I stayed away from it because it occassionally felt like it triggered a bad acid flashback... yes I experimented few times with psychadelics. Maybe 5 times in the 90s. With the new, more regulated marijuana I feel like I could actually special order something that could help me get over my "fear of paranoia" marijuana. I would like to try something to relax me, but not make me paranoid. Just a tiny bit. What to try?
    Acid is a tricky drug and it affects different people on a very wide spectrum.  I've known people who have taken it hundreds of times and they seem perfectly normal, but then I've also known people who have taken it a lot and are permanently super spaced out (and usually not in a good way).  I took it three or four times in the early 70's and my experiences ranged from a barely maintainable, slightly fun trip to oh-my-God-I'm-going-to-die living hell trip.  For me, not a good choice, no fun.

Pot varies a lot too.  Some strains make me super paranoid and anxious.  Some are very euphoric but those have been rare finds and have found nothing like that in quite a while. 

Today you can get high CBD/low THC strains (36% CBD, 31% THC) that are quite pleasant.  Just a very mild high with  little to no cognitive impairment.  They aford mild to moderate pain relief and are quite relaxing.   And you can get them in handy little vaporizer "pens" (in states where it's legal or with a marijuana medical card).  Just make sure to ask someone to show you how to use the vape properly.  

^ Thanks Hedo and Brian. That's exactly what I'm looking for... something calming and relaxing, which doesn't cause too much overthinking. Lower THC content. It's amazing how specified and precise it seems to be nowadays. And I'll probably stay away from the show Black Mirror, at least at first, if I choose to try it again!  :lol: In fact, I envision myself in my house with no one around, lights low, listening to some happy chill out music. 

^ Thanks Hedo and Brian. That's exactly what I'm looking for... something calming and relaxing, which doesn't cause too much overthinking. Lower THC content. It's amazing how specified and precise it seems to be nowadays. And I'll probably stay away from the show Black Mirror, at least at first, if I choose to try it again!  :lol: In fact, I envision myself in my house with no one around, lights low, listening to some happy chill out music. 

If you find some, save some for me.
    brianlux said:

Acid is a tricky drug and it affects different people on a very wide spectrum.  I've known people who have taken it hundreds of times and they seem perfectly normal, but then I've also known people who have taken it a lot and are permanently super spaced out (and usually not in a good way).  I took it three or four times in the early 70's and my experiences ranged from a barely maintainable, slightly fun trip to oh-my-God-I'm-going-to-die living hell trip.  For me, not a good choice, no fun.

Pot varies a lot too.  Some strains make me super paranoid and anxious.  Some are very euphoric but those have been rare finds and have found nothing like that in quite a while. 

Today you can get high CBD/low THC strains (36% CBD, 31% THC) that are quite pleasant.  Just a very mild high with  little to no cognitive impairment.  They aford mild to moderate pain relief and are quite relaxing.   And you can get them in handy little vaporizer "pens" (in states where it's legal or with a marijuana medical card).  Just make sure to ask someone to show you how to use the vape properly.  
    Was it LSD that permanently damaged Syd Barret?
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    brianlux said:

I’m totally a lightweight and I’m more than ok with it.  College was a different story...haha!
    Anyways, I take any new strain and treat it like a new bourbon or whiskey you haven’t tried yet.  By the way, I’m a huge whiskey fan so you know where this comparison is coming from...
    Sip it slow, enjoy the notes, the flavors, the aroma, the after taste.  Same thing with pot.  Take er nice and slow and stop whenever the feels are right.  
    I hate being really messed up, which is why I generally avoid edibles anymore.  I like to be in control of my high.  

If you find some, save some for me.
    :plus_one:
    mca47 said:
    brianlux said:

I’m totally a lightweight and I’m more than ok with it.  College was a different story...haha!
    Anyways, I take any new strain and treat it like a new bourbon or whiskey you haven’t tried yet.  By the way, I’m a huge whiskey fan so you know where this comparison is coming from...
    Sip it slow, enjoy the notes, the flavors, the aroma, the after taste.  Same thing with pot.  Take er nice and slow and stop whenever the feels are right.  
    I hate being really messed up, which is why I generally avoid edibles anymore.  I like to be in control of my high.  
    Okay, I was going to ask about those... are they generally higher in THC or is it just the way that it's ingested that makes the effects stronger?
    brianlux said:

Was it LSD that permanently damaged Syd Barret?
    I've read that could be due to a major overdose of LSD or at least that could have been a catalyst.  It's not a drug I would recommend for people who tend to be sensitive to substances.

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    ^Brian you are right about it affecting everyone differently. I've taken as much as 2500 mics at once and still have no noticeable problems. 

#FHP
    Horos said:
    ^Brian you are right about it affecting everyone differently. I've taken as much as 2500 mics at once and still have no noticeable problems. 

I have to admit, I'm a bit envious.  I've had friends back when I tried it who were really into LSD and told me what a great experience it was but for me it was mostly just hell-- although one time I did take mescaline and that was great.  No hallucinations, but a great overall feeling and super incredible perceptions like looking at trees and being able to distinguish many, many multiple shades of green.