Pearl Jam-fan Danny Masterson accused of serial rape

Comments

• 2 OT Levels and a microphone
    B-side on the "45 Virgins and a Pelican" single? 

:)

On another note - Netflix will for the time being not remove/cancel The Ranch.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

Haha
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    2 OT Levels and a microphone
    B-side on the "45 Virgins and a Pelican" single? 

On another note - Netflix will for the time being not remove/cancel The Ranch.
    You got it  ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Who is he on this forum?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Who is he on this forum?
    Something with "Xenu" I think.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

Danny Masterson’s Publicist Suggested A Woman Can’t Be Raped By A Man She’s In A Relationship With. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwnt27-jY
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

Danny Masterson’s Publicist Suggested A Woman Can’t Be Raped By A Man She’s In A Relationship With. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwnt27-jY
    oh jesus, not this again. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

oh jesus, not this again. 
    It must be pretty weird to live in the past.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited December 2017
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Say it ain't so Hyde...
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    ..... Well I certainly hope the accusations are true and not false. I have yet to read anything to prove the accusations, but have read some stuff that questions the validity of the claims, so the Netflix executives are obviously just betting on it randomly, apparently, with the court of public opinion randomly creating the odds. I guess it's easy to take that bet when it's not their own lives that they're destroying.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited December 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    ..... Well I certainly hope the accusations are true and not false. I have yet to read anything to prove the accusations, but have read some stuff that questions the validity of the claims, so the Netflix executives are obviously just betting on it randomly, apparently, with the court of public opinion randomly creating the odds. I guess it's easy to take that bet when it's not their own lives that they're destroying.
    What have you read that questions the validity?
    What makes it obvious that Netflix are "betting on it randomly"?
    What is "random" about the odds?

A monthslong investigation into multiple allegations of rape against actor Danny Masterson has inexplicably stalled, despite the Los Angeles County district attorney having compelling evidence in the case, multiple sources told HuffPost. Four women have accused Masterson of raping them in the early 2000s.

How often do four separate women accuse someone that is innocent? Please, tell me the odds.

In April 2017, police referred the case to the district attorney. Since then, the district attorney’s office has examined the evidence turned over by LAPD and conducted its own investigation. Despite compelling ― what one law enforcement source described as “overwhelming” — evidence, the charges have not been approved for filing. The evidence includes audiotapes, emails sent to and from Scientology officers at the time the alleged rapes happened, forensic computer evidence and a threatening handwritten letter Masterson sent to one of the alleged victims, according to two people with knowledge of the evidence in the district attorney’s possession.
    edited December 2017
    PJ_Soul said:

A monthslong investigation into multiple allegations of rape against actor Danny Masterson has inexplicably stalled, despite the Los Angeles County district attorney having compelling evidence in the case, multiple sources told HuffPost. Four women have accused Masterson of raping them in the early 2000s.

How often do four separate women accuse someone that is innocent? Please, tell me the odds.

In April 2017, police referred the case to the district attorney. Since then, the district attorney’s office has examined the evidence turned over by LAPD and conducted its own investigation. Despite compelling ― what one law enforcement source described as “overwhelming” — evidence, the charges have not been approved for filing. The evidence includes audiotapes, emails sent to and from Scientology officers at the time the alleged rapes happened, forensic computer evidence and a threatening handwritten letter Masterson sent to one of the alleged victims, according to two people with knowledge of the evidence in the district attorney’s possession.
    I actually hadn't read that (I had read other articles, not the one posted here).
  • PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I actually hadn't read that (I had read other articles, not the one posted here).
    Scientology Monthly?

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I binged watched part 5 of the Ranch and was extremely surprised to see Rooster (Danny Masterson) in the complete part 5.  

Give Peas A Chance…
    edited June 2018
    I binged watched part 5 of the Ranch and was extremely surprised to see Rooster (Danny Masterson) in the complete part 5.  

I think that season was shot before all this came out, or something to that effect.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

I think that season was shot before all this came out, or something to that effect.
    I read that he shot scenes for part 5, but certainly wasn't expecting him to be a regular.  Netflix did what they said they would do ... they have left the door open for him to return.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Guy got 30 years. 
    I remember listening to him host an hour show on PJ Radio on Sirius about 10 years ago. He mentioned how he had a “good number” because he was an early member of the fan club. 

Obviously the band didn’t know he was a creep, but you think they would have the sense to avoid anyone involved in Scientology. I mean, it’s a cult for chrissakes.
  • The discrepancy to Swedish sentences is big:

"The average sentence in 2013 was 174 months for murder, 90 months for manslaughter and 25 months for rape."
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    Guy got 30 years. 
    I remember listening to him host an hour show on PJ Radio on Sirius about 10 years ago. He mentioned how he had a “good number” because he was an early member of the fan club. 

Obviously the band didn’t know he was a creep, but you think they would have the sense to avoid anyone involved in Scientology. I mean, it’s a cult for chrissakes.

says  a member of this fan club...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    The discrepancy to Swedish sentences is big:

"The average sentence in 2013 was 174 months for murder, 90 months for manslaughter and 25 months for rape."

rate of re-offending?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Had no idea he was a Scientologist until yesterday, and didn't tow he was a PJ fan until I saw this thread this morning.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    edited September 2023

I guess I heard at some point that he was a fan, but I quickly forgot as I couldn't give a hobo's crap about such things. 
  • mickeyrat said:
    Guy got 30 years. 

hah
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited September 2023
    mickeyrat said:
    Guy got 30 years. 

Yeah, I’m a member. I usually avoid responding to snide remarks (especially pointless ones), however I will make it more
    clear for the rest of the readers of this thread. I meant the band should/would avoid giving “celebrity fan” airtime to a Scientologist, not being a member of the 10c. Any logical person would know it would be impossible to know the religious/cult leanings of every member of the 10c
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on

• Naaah… I don’t take shit from people. Never have, never will. 
  • mickeyrat said:
    Guy got 30 years. 

Yeah, I’m a member. I usually avoid responding to snide remarks (especially pointless ones), however I will make it more
    clear for the rest of the readers of this thread. I meant the band should/would avoid giving “celebrity fan” airtime to a Scientologist, not being a member of the 10c. Any logical person would know it would be impossible to know the religious/cult leanings of every member of the 10c
    The joke is that the tenclub is a cult. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mickeyrat said:
    Guy got 30 years. 

The joke is that the tenclub is a cult. 
    That it is!  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited September 2023
    mickeyrat said:
    The discrepancy to Swedish sentences is big:

rate of re-offending?
    Sexual crimes (Swedish statistics)

No re-offence: 91%
    Re-offence within the same group of crimes: 3%
    Re-offence to another group of crime: 6%